New Songs: Have We Already Heard Them? (The Search For ChiDemII)

Broskirose

We all know that some CD songs were heard in more cryptic ways than others before the album was released. Axl commonly played a sped up version of Prostitute on piano before November Rain. Shades of TIL could be heard even back in the 90s. We know The General orchestration has been played before shows. So what if some of the unheard material from the CD sequel has infact been heard? Of all the various jams, piano pieces and riffs they've fiddled with live over the years, is it possible that some of it is material from CDII?

Lets go hunting...

Axl Rose Piano Piece (Tokyo 2009)

Band Jam (Osaka 2007)

I'm confident that the second video especially is a song. It develops into something much more than a basic band jam. Especially at the end.

• Like 2

Welcome back Broski, it's good to see somebody making good GNR threads again.

In relation to the topic, I've always thought that brief piano solo was similar in style to "The General" intro.

Edited by NGOG

There was a video from the 2006 tour where the band jammed ITW, I think it was while they were moving the piano for Nov Rain. There's been a few videos posted that people thought was the one I'm referring to, but they only did it at one show, I can't remember which one. There might've been similar jams, but there was one that was unquestionably ITW.

Anybody doing the skype chat with Bumble at the end of the month should ask for teasers, ie "Can you play us the chorus of Soul Monster" "Play the first verse of Atlas!" etc, if he's got his guitar on him (he usually does, right?)

• Like 1

There was a video from the 2006 tour where the band jammed ITW, I think it was while they were moving the piano for Nov Rain. There's been a few videos posted that people thought was the one I'm referring to, but they only did it at one show, I can't remember which one. There might've been similar jams, but there was one that was unquestionably ITW.

If anyone finds this for me, I will PayPal them $25 instantly.

I've heard about that video before. But I've never seen it. Anyone know where to find it?

Band Jam + Dizzy Solo (Toronto 2010)

Does anyone know what song Dizzy is playing in his solo? I haven't heard that one before. Not saying it's a new song since Dizzy usually just plays instrumental covers. Just curious.

Band Jam (2006)

This one is similar to the jam from 2007. The ending with Axl seems way too planned to be just a basic jam.

Edit: I don't hear ITW in that jam.

Edited by Echoplex

For what it's worth, Ron jammed a few ideas he had "worked on" for Guns during tonight's showcase in Paris.

The second song sounded a lot like a Queen song ( not really like a Normal / Abnormal song ) and it was very good. Really hope it gets recorded someday, at least for some BBF material...

For what it's worth, Ron jammed a few ideas he had "worked on" for Guns during tonight's showcase in Paris.

The second song sounded a lot like a Queen song ( not really like a Normal / Abnormal song ) and it was very good. Really hope it gets recorded someday, at least for some BBF material...

Hopefully someone filmed that.