SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

I would just love to see how reunion would work..Would the whole music world be talking about it? :shrugs:

I think so yeah. At least in the face of the initial announcement, I believe it would be pretty much Earth shaking in the music world.

• Like 1

I would just love to see how reunion would work..Would the whole music world be talking about it? :shrugs:

I think so yeah. At least in the face of the initial announcement, I believe it would be pretty much Earth shaking in the music world.

You really think so? I think we're past that point. I think it would grab some headlines initially, sell some tickets and generally be thought of as pretty gimmicky.

You really think so? I think we're past that point. I think it would grab some headlines initially, sell some tickets and generally be thought of as pretty gimmicky.

It would be like the VH reunion tour with DLR...the first time they could sell a lot of tickets but after that the novelty would wear off............

I agree. Celebration Day was in (select) cinemas for what 1 week?

Factual errors:

- Page 1: "I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

- He was born in Hampstead, England but spent his childhood in Stoke-on-Trent.

- Page 102: "We could have booked a gig locally because, collectively, we all knew the right people, but no, we decided that after three rehearsals, we were ready for a tour."

- The first show the Appetite For Destruction line-up played was on June 6th, 1985 at the Troubadour in Hollywood, CA. The tour up to Seattle happened after that show.

- Page 164: "Del ended up writing treatments for some of our videos, as well as having written the short story that inspired Axl to write "November Rain"."

- Del wrote Without You which inspired the video to November Rain and at least part of Estranged.

- Page 210: "When we got on set, we met JJ Jackson, the host, and he was really cool. "

- JJ Jackson didn't interview GN'R on Headbanger's Ball in 1987.

- Page 221, 305: "Within a day, we hooked up with Fred Curry, the drummer for Cinderella, and he was great in a pinch."

- Fred Coury is the drummer's name. [Thanks Nevy]

- Page 259: Tom Mayhue's name misspelled as Tom Mayhew.

- Page 323: "We had three theater dates in L.A., San Francisco, and New York, with various bands opening for us, such as Blind Melon and Faith No More and Raging Slab."

- Raging Slab opened for GN'R at the NYC show, Dumpster opened in San Francisco and L.A. Shannon Hoon (of Blind Melon) sang with the band at the L.A. show.

- Page 323: ".. including two nights at the Inglewood Forum in L.A."

- It was actually four nights.

- Page 335: "After we got out stage show together, backup singers, horn section, and all, and we did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991."

- The extended lineup played its first show on December 5th, 1991 (the second US leg) in Worcester, MA.

- Page 339: "When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

"Where is he? I asked Doug.

He looked at me with a pained expression. "He's not coming back."

"What do you mean he's not coming back?" I shouted, still playing the riff.

"There is no way he is coming back," Doug said. "There is nothing I can do."

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

- The following is what happened and it can be seen in the pro-shot bootleg footage from the show. About 1:15 into the song, Axl asks security "Hey, take that! Take that now! Get that guy and take that........ I'll take it Goddamn it!" He jumps into the crowd while the band keeps playing the riff Slash mentioned. Axl returns to the stage at around 1:57 into the song, motions for the band to stop playing and says "Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home.". Then he throws down his microphone, walks past Slash and walks offstage. Slash proceeds to say something into the microphone. His last line is "We're out of here".

Page 350: "In May of 1992. We announced that we would coheadline a summer tour with Metallica starting July 7"

- The tour started on July 17th, 1992 at the RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.

- Page 363: "I got married to Renee in October 1991."

- Page 412: "On the morning of 9/11, we were woken up at 8:15 by David Williams, Michael's house guitar player .... ... I saw that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and moments later the second one hit while I was actually watching."

- Flight 11 crashed into the north face of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46:40. Flight 175 crashes into the south face of the South Tower at 9:03:11.

- Page 437: ".... and the Pistols' "Pretty Vacant."

- They played "Bodies" by Sex Pistols at their first show as well as playing it on tour.

- Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book.

The guy doesn't even know where he was born. I don't believe a syllable he says.

I used to think you're just some cupcake, as your opinions seem so unrealistic and biased that sane people are incapable of looking at something this one-sided. I was wrong though. You are in fact a deeply disturbed individual with an extremely unhealthy obsession. I've been here for nearly 10 years and I've been reading this place for a couple more. But never have I seen anybody else here with some much resentment and hatred towards a band member past or present. I've seen many people have very critical opinions of everybody who's ever been in Guns n' Roses, but never this kind of obsessive hatred. I'm not saying you're wrong here. But normal people would call it poor research or maybe not double-checking your facts. Hell, we all know the guy lived a heavy life so I'll even grant him a fair bit of memory loss. But to even check a whole book for errors like this and then using it as hate-ammunition... That is messed up. I feel sorry for you that you carry so much hatred.

I imagine that if internet forums were around at the time, Mark David Chapman would have posted things like you do.

• Like 1

Factual errors:

- Page 1: "I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

- Page 102: "We could have booked a gig locally because, collectively, we all knew the right people, but no, we decided that after three rehearsals, we were ready for a tour."

- The first show the Appetite For Destruction line-up played was on June 6th, 1985 at the Troubadour in Hollywood, CA. The tour up to Seattle happened after that show.

- Page 164: "Del ended up writing treatments for some of our videos, as well as having written the short story that inspired Axl to write "November Rain"."

- Del wrote Without You which inspired the video to November Rain and at least part of Estranged.

- Page 210: "When we got on set, we met JJ Jackson, the host, and he was really cool. "

- Page 221, 305: "Within a day, we hooked up with Fred Curry, the drummer for Cinderella, and he was great in a pinch."

- Page 323: "We had three theater dates in L.A., San Francisco, and New York, with various bands opening for us, such as Blind Melon and Faith No More and Raging Slab."

- Raging Slab opened for GN'R at the NYC show, Dumpster opened in San Francisco and L.A. Shannon Hoon (of Blind Melon) sang with the band at the L.A. show.

- Page 335: "After we got out stage show together, backup singers, horn section, and all, and we did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991."

- The extended lineup played its first show on December 5th, 1991 (the second US leg) in Worcester, MA.

- Page 339: "When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

- The following is what happened and it can be seen in the pro-shot bootleg footage from the show. About 1:15 into the song, Axl asks security "Hey, take that! Take that now! Get that guy and take that........ I'll take it Goddamn it!" He jumps into the crowd while the band keeps playing the riff Slash mentioned. Axl returns to the stage at around 1:57 into the song, motions for the band to stop playing and says "Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home.". Then he throws down his microphone, walks past Slash and walks offstage. Slash proceeds to say something into the microphone. His last line is "We're out of here".

Page 350: "In May of 1992. We announced that we would coheadline a summer tour with Metallica starting July 7"

- Page 412: "On the morning of 9/11, we were woken up at 8:15 by David Williams, Michael's house guitar player .... ... I saw that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and moments later the second one hit while I was actually watching."

- Flight 11 crashed into the north face of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46:40. Flight 175 crashes into the south face of the South Tower at 9:03:11.

- They played "Bodies" by Sex Pistols at their first show as well as playing it on tour.

- Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book.

The guy doesn't even know where he was born. I don't believe a syllable he says.

I used to think you're just some cupcake, as your opinions seem so unrealistic and biased that sane people are incapable of looking at something this one-sided. I was wrong though. You are in fact a deeply disturbed individual with an extremely unhealthy obsession. I've been here for nearly 10 years and I've been reading this place for a couple more. But never have I seen anybody else here with some much resentment and hatred towards a band member past or present. I've seen many people have very critical opinions of everybody who's ever been in Guns n' Roses, but never this kind of obsessive hatred. I'm not saying you're wrong here. But normal people would call it poor research or maybe not double-checking your facts. Hell, we all know the guy lived a heavy life so I'll even grant him a fair bit of memory loss. But to even check a whole book for errors like this and then using it as hate-ammunition... That is messed up. I feel sorry for you that you carry so much hatred.

I imagine that if internet forums were around at the time, Mark David Chapman would have posted things like you do.

I read a lot of Rock biographies and everyone of them has inaccuracies in them and the hardcore geek fans, who are the only ones who give a shit, love to analyze them, tear them apart and complain.

What was posted above is not lies but rather inaccuracies due to failing memory and/ or poor research on the part of the writer who works with the artist.

This just goes to show how desperate Axl worshippers are to discredit Slash...they are grasping at straws..........

Edited by classicrawker

I think it would still be pretty big but the only thing is that people might feel that it's an old mans thing considering Axl and Izzy are over 50 now not to mention Axls efforts to perform properly nowadays. In that sense I reckon I'd say no to a reunion.

That being said if I went to a Guns concert and Slash popped out playing Jungle with the others, I'd probably self combust into tears automatically.

I think it would still be pretty big but the only thing is that people might feel that it's an old mans thing considering Axl and Izzy are over 50 now not to mention Axls efforts to perform properly nowadays. In that sense I reckon I'd say no to a reunion.

That being said if I went to a Guns concert and Slash popped out playing Jungle with the others, I'd probably self combust into tears automatically.

Same here...I would cry out of happiness :lol:

Put "FACT" at the end of any opinion and it validates it......FACT!

Slash is two faced as hell, that's not an opinion, that's a known fact. And he's a liar

And to further validate that opinion, claim that it's "well known."
Someone find that list Volcano compilied of some of Slash's lies frombis book and where he would say one thing and then later say the opposite in various interviews

Factual errors:

- Page 1:

"I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

Get a life! My god, how long did it take you to research all this? You must have some sick, distorted obsession w slash dude. Get some help!

hahahaha my god one of the most pathetic posts i've ever seen on here. Seriously dude get a life.

Who, me? My post took 5 second, not 5 days to research

I find the reunion talk gets a bit old especially when it's doubtful it will ever happen

Name one thing about this band or about discussion regarding this band that hasn't gotten old.

Moronic chats about nothing by hired members in that Nightrain website. Ha! Gotcha!!!! One thing! :P j/k Probably even that got old already

Im as big an Axl nutswinger as anybody, but if he cares so much about artistic credibility, he will eventually get back with Slash...and hopefully Izzy, Duff, and either Matt or Steven. They simply have a knack for making music together. Axl and Slash bring out something special in one another, beyond the sum of their parts.

Im as big an Axl nutswinger as anybody, but if he cares so much about artistic credibility, he will eventually get back with Slash...and hopefully Izzy, Duff, and either Matt or Steven. They simply have a knack for making music together. Axl and Slash bring out something special in one another, beyond the sum of their parts.

They could put a great bunch of songs out as a reunited GNR, but trying to recapture a phenomenon is impossible. But you hear how people react to certain songs at the shows....