Fernando " we are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information"

bumblecool

Interesting. Looking forward to whatever may be in this "game plan".

Either way, try to keep it respectful, guys. You could either be continuously bitching about no talk at all, but now you actually have something you might be able to look forward to, regardless of what it is. Just try to chill out.

• Like 1

Complaints. complaints, complaints that's all I hear.

Seriously, what should we be celebrating? The "Chinese Democracy Tour," now in it's 13th year? All the exciting new music? Axl's great performances where he is fat and sings like Mickey Mouse? The lame lead guitarist who is a bad rip off of Slash? The awesome Brazilian housekeeper and her son doing a bang up job managing the band? The fact that a band that would sell out Giant's Stadium now plays in 3,000 seat venues in the US? Axl refusing to show up at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame? No music videos in 20 years? An album that took 14 years to make, is now 5 years old and is considered one of the top 5 biggest disappointments in the history of rock music?

Honestly, what is there to be happy about? DJ Ashba's Swag? Another Chinese Democracy Tour? Ron's BBQ sauce? Dramatic tweets and posts from band members that played no role in any of the music that the band plays?

Please highlight all of the great things that Axl has done recently.

Guns N Roses is now nothing more than a poorly managed nostalgia tour headlined by an out of shape former celebrity and missing the rest of the original cast. The vast majority of the music they play on their nostalgia tour consists of music all but one of them (keyboardist doesn't count) created. The lead singer refuses to rehearse, shows up 3 hours late to shows, doesn't do interviews and looks nothing like a rock star and more like your weird drunk uncle that you see occasionally at family gatherings who you politely avoid.

They are regarded as a joke by everyone but a small circle of people. When you bring up "Guns N Roses" or "Chinese Democracy" to 99% of the population here are the reactions:

• What happened to Axl Rose? He looks like shit.
  • Why doesn't he just get back together with Slash

That's pretty much the modern day reaction to Guns N Roses the Axl Rose Traveling Guns N Roses Tribute Band.

Follow another band instead of being a jerk on a fan forum.

LOL. Two pages back you just called forum members "fucking morons"..........who is being a jerk on a fan forum?

This guy presented his opinion on the state of GnR, which is pretty darn accurate.

Instead of just insulting people, why don't you respond to his actual post and tell him where he is wrong?????

The reason you don't is because the "facts" are on his side. So all you can do is worship Axl/Beta, bash Slash, and call forum members fucking morons.

Can Fernando, Beta and Axl really be this clueless and out of touch with reality?????

He just gave an update to say they'll be an update later?

Axl really needs to hire a professional management staff. This is getting ridiculous.

What is the status or the plans for a new album. Axl has released ONE album of new material in the last 20 years. And that was five years ago.

What is the status of the concert DVD?

And is the band thinking about touring in 2014? If so, how. World tour supporting new album, hitting a few festivals, doing a small stripped down tour, etc.

They could answer all that in a PARAGRAPH.

These guys aren't developing strategies to end world hunger, implement world peace or to help Obama get the USA out of debt or to fix Obamacare......they are a rock n roll band. This should be pretty simple.

• Like 1

A gameplan is a figure of speech... jesus calm down! :) I for one like that they have acknowledged the fans discontent and are working on something. What it is, who knows... we all know what we want it to be but, we'll see!

The message seemed reasonable to me. as for The gameplan, that is necessary, a band as big as GnR can't just do things on the spur of the moment, things have to be thought through, band members have to be informed, booking agents have to be informed, labels etc. it's not as easy as you might think. Even bands who have 20/30 yr experienced managers still have to put a game plan together... don't for get that the music business is... A business, and in business you need a strategy.

Interesting. Looking forward to whatever may be in this "Game plan".

Either way, try to keep it respectful, guys. You could either be continuously bitching about no talk at all, but now you actually have something you might be able to look forward to, regardless of what it is. Just try to chill out.

But there's nothing to look forward to. Absolute best we can hope for is a release date for a fuckin dvd that should have been released 9 months ago and another nostalgia tour featuring "the setlist" and a fatter Axl.

I'll show respect for this band and the disgraces for people involved with it when they show respect for us. All they're doing at this point is jerking our chain with this imaginary carrot on a pole to keep us going to the fucking nostalgia shows until Axl is so fat that he can't even get out of bed anymore and he calls it a night and retires.

• Like 1

A gameplan is a figure of speech... jesus calm down! :) I for one like that they have acknowledged the fans discontent and are working on something. What it is, who knows... we all know what we want it to be but, we'll see!

The message seemed reasonable to me. as for The gameplan, that is necessary, a band as big as GnR can't just do things on the spur of the moment, things have to be thought through, band members have to be informed, booking agents have to be informed, labels etc. it's not as easy as you might think. Even bands who have 20/30 yr experienced managers still have to put a game plan together... don't for get that the music business is... A business, and in business you need a strategy.

LOL.

Yet for some reason, other bands - especially those who have been in the business for 20/30 years and have experience managers - are able to routinely release albums, videos, dvds, tour successfully and give their fans updates on the band's status. And most of the time, it isn't the manager's son doing all the talking, it's actual BAND MEMBERS communicating with their fans.

He just gave an "update" to say he is working on an "update." Ridiculous.

I know as much as you do about what is going on internally with the band. Yet, I can pop this out in two minutes:

"Sorry for the recent silence, but the guys are vacationing and relaxing from the last tour so there hasn't been anything newsworthy to report. I know your all dying for a new album, and trust me, so is the band! We've got some great songs (you've heard the titles) in the can and we hope to combine them with some songs the current line-up has been working on. DJ and BBF are flooding me with ideas!

Ideally we can work out a deal with the label and get you guys a new album before Christmas 2014. If so, we'll promote that album with a 2-year world tour. And to keep the fellas from getting bored we hope to do another Up Close and Personal tour of some sort this summer (or maybe a couple festivals) where we'll road test some of those new songs. THANK YOU for your support over the years and decades, the band loves you all. I'll chat with you soon.

P.S. On the Nightrain website (which is FREE to join) we've posted a couple 20-second snippets of a few songs we've been working on. Go check them out and leave a comment to let us know what you think! Thanks again for your support."

Edited by Groghan

I am we gameplan the bomb post. It come be soon happening, but not make up to for many moon of the shitpost. This shitpost not be the gameplan, but gameplan coming in the soon time. Thank you for in the patience of the meantime enjoying my still with shitpost.

• Like 3

I'll show respect for this band and the disgraces for people involved with it when they show respect for us. All they're doing at this point is jerking our chain with this imaginary carrot on a pole to keep us going to the fucking nostalgia shows until Axl is so fat that he can't even get out of bed anymore and he calls it a night and retires.

Perfectly said. At least say the band is going on hiatus or something. I'm sorry, but you need to keep fans informed in some way, and this is the first attempt of even trying and its not even a good one. They are banking on the fact that people are blindly going to follow whatever they choose to do next (tour, DVD) and none of this is actually furthering the band. Its just doing more of the same. Which is kind of mean to fans who are only supporting these guys and get nothing in return except countless versions of the same thing. Listen, I'm all for this band succeeding, and I'll be happy if it does, but until they treat us like we aren't these annoying pricks just begging for information, there's no reason to stop dumping on them. We are fans, thats what we do. At least treat us like you care about us, not that you are annoyed. If you are annoyed with what we say, its your own damn fault.

I am we gameplan the bomb post. It come be soon happening, but not make up to for many moon of the shitpost. This shitpost not be the gameplan, but gameplan coming in the soon time. Thank you for in the patience of the meantime enjoying my still with shitpost.

7161763237_7a1f518a65_b.jpg

• Like 1

No idea what the fuck you just said, but it still makes more sense than fermanager needing a gameplan to say something. :shrugs:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It's kind of sad that a management team has to work on getting us information that may or may not even happen. We were supposed to get the A4D DVD this past summer. What happened? What about the London show? Remember when Fernando said they were "working on" Chinese Democracy 2? Over a year ago!

It's a shame that Axl Rose has surrounded himself with yes-man who won't push him or tell him otherwise. It's a shame that he's fought to keep the GN'R name, but in reality it's become a joke of a band and Axl has become a shell of his former self. Really, all this jut to give us information? How about giving us new music? Is that so hard? How about telling us what's holding up the release of a new album when it's obvious the fans want another one. A "definite maybe" doesn't count. "Working on it" mean's dick. And even if we do get info on new music, we still might have to wait another two years to hear it. Remember when we were supposed to get Chinese Democracy in 2006, than it came out in 2008 with Axl going MIA?