Would Snakepit have made a good GN'R album?

Michir

With Axl's input several songs would have been killer and good Gn'R songs. I enjoyed both Snakepit albums.

Ain't Life Grand (album) rocks. Serial Killer and Just Like Anything are some of Slash's best works imho, and I'd love to hear them with Axl's vocals. Same w/ Speed Parade, Mean Bone, Shine, Been There Lately and Ain't Life Grand (song).

Don't you think Axl would have sounded awesome in Slash's ballad 'Back to the Moment'? That song has an incredible melodic solo and a killer outro.

Back To The Moment is cool but I think I would prefer to keep Rod on vocals.

save for Beggars and Jizz Da Pit.

And Neither Can I, Be The Ball, Lower also. I think Guns could've done something with the odd time groove of What Do You Want To be, or at least they should have.
I don't think those are good songs, but to each his own.

With Axl's input several songs would have been killer and good Gn'R songs. I enjoyed both Snakepit albums.

Ain't Life Grand (album) rocks. Serial Killer and Just Like Anything are some of Slash's best works imho, and I'd love to hear them with Axl's vocals. Same w/ Speed Parade, Mean Bone, Shine, Been There Lately and Ain't Life Grand (song).

Don't you think Axl would have sounded awesome in Slash's ballad 'Back to the Moment'? That song has an incredible melodic solo and a killer outro.

The lead guitar melody from Back To The Moment, kinda reminds me of a follow up to Estranged. I think with Axl on there, it could've been an excellent GN'R ballad, same with Back & Forth Again, which is kinda like Fall To Pieces too

The first 4 songs from It's Five O' Clock Somewhere along with "Cure Me Or Kill Me," "Tijuana Jail," and "Dead Flowers" from Gilby's first solo record all bundled with "This I Love" would've made a decent Guns N' Roses record, I think.

Based on how Pawnshop Guitars came out, GNR threw away some good ideas when they let Gilby go.

The first 4 songs from It's Five O' Clock Somewhere along with "Cure Me Or Kill Me," "Tijuana Jail," and "Dead Flowers" from Gilby's first solo record all bundled with "This I Love" would've made a decent Guns N' Roses record, I think.

Based on how Pawnshop Guitars came out, GNR threw away some good ideas when they let Gilby go.

According to gilby, pawnshop guitars and its 5oclock were the direction the other guys were trnding in; and were both written around the same time period with a different assortment of duff, matt, gilby and slash - so if you take the 6 best songs of gilby's record and 6 best from snakepit, and throw axl intothe mix; you'd have a much better gnr record than CD ever hoped to be.

According to gilby, pawnshop guitars and its 5oclock were the direction the other guys were trnding in; and were both written around the same time period with a different assortment of duff, matt, gilby and slash - so if you take the 6 best songs of gilby's record and 6 best from snakepit, and throw axl intothe mix; you'd have a much better gnr record than CD ever hoped to be.

But just as much a commercial flop for 1995 as CD turned out to be for 2008.

I don't think so, certain bands were too big to fail despite the changes to the music climate at the time. U2, Stones, Metallica, Bon Jovi and I believe GNR was in that same upper echelon.

Sure since your the expert - but spaghetti incident sold better than cd - and I'm sure anything new gnr put out at that time would have sold 8+mil easy, shit SI sold 5mil+ and we're talking 95/96, pre internet when albums still sold

I never even thought of that.. Take the best songs from IFOS and Pawnshop Guitars, add Axl and Duff to the mix and you would have potentially had a bad ass album..

Off the top of my head

Neither Can I

Soma City Ward

Beggars and Hangars

Cure Me Or Kill Me

Lower

Skin and Bones

Good To Be Alive

Minkey Chow

Dead Flowers

Hunting Dogs