Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO SLASH2BAZ FOR ALL THE UPDATES!

Now we believe even more!

EDIT-

This thread is about Slash's third solo studio album and Myles and the Conspirator's second record-

WORLD ON FIRE

Release- September 15, 2014

Track List-

1. "World on Fire" 2. "Shadow Life" 3. "Automatic Overdrive" 4. "Wicked Stone" 5. "30 Years to Life" 6. "Bent to Fly" 7. "Stone Blind" 8. "Too Far Gone" 9. "Beneath the Savage Sun" 10. "Withered Delilah" 11. "Battleground" 12. "Dirty Girl" 13. "Iris of the Storm" 14. "Avalon" 15. "The Dissident" 16. "Safari Inn" 17. "The Unholy"

First single, "World On Fire" released on 6/13/2014 and can be listened to here-

______________________________________________________________________________________

Original post-

Pretty surprised there isn't a thread for this as production has started on it.

So far we know it has a projected release date of Spring 2014 and will be the second record released under "Slash ft. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators" I know a lot of you are on the fence with Myles but I personally think he is a great fit for Slash in the studio and in a live setting. Love the whole band, loved Apocalyptic Love, and am really looking forward to this :headbang:

I'll update the thread as more information comes out this year/ early next year.

Some official facebook updates from the dude-

"Managed to get 10 out of 11 songs in yesterday. Its sounding pretty damn good. The last jam we forgot to play. Time to make a list. iiii]; )'"

"Day 7 today of pre pro. Got a lot of really great work done thus far. iiii]; )'"

God, that smiley he uses is gay :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

I think a thread wasn't started because there isn't much to talk about yet. Yes, production seems to have started, but we can really only go by tweets that Slash in "in the studio" working on like 10 songs. Thats awesome, but hardly anything we can discuss over. Its not like GNR where the mere fact that they are in the studio is news. Luckily with Slash, thats just expected progress. We can only really talk when a sample he's working on comes out or it gets closer that they are talking about it.

Also, I do think Todd will probably get the chance to sing a song on this one. Myles is great, I'm just thinking that Todd's presence live really elevated during the AL tour and I think Slash will want to write a song or two with him. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sing on this record.

And I totally agree Cosmonaut. While Slash's solo stuff has been great, it does suck we haven't gotten something epic like Coma or Locomotive. That would be really cool, and the closest we've gotten is Anastasia, which is awesome but completely different than those.

Edited by classicguns4life
  • Like 1

i talked to Myles last week in Paris, he told me that's just the beginning of the process; they still don't know who will produce and where they'll record it.
He said that's way too early to say what it sounds like and so on. But Todd said at this point, RIFFS written could remind us of early Ozzy solo albums, Alice Cooper and Led Zep. Wait & see ! ;)

But Todd said at this point, RIFFS written could remind us of early Ozzy solo albums, Alice Cooper and Led Zep. Wait & see ! ;)

Then its set up to be the greatest album ever lol! Unfortunately, I think that will change. I'm sure it'll be good, but not that good. That sounds like a very well put together combination to encourage interest.

I think a thread wasn't started because there isn't much to talk about yet. Yes, production seems to have started, but we can really only go by tweets that Slash in "in the studio" working on like 10 songs. Thats awesome, but hardly anything we can discuss over. Its not like GNR where the mere fact that they are in the studio is news. Luckily with Slash, thats just expected progress. We can only really talk when a sample he's working on comes out or it gets closer that they are talking about it.

Also, I do think Todd will probably get the chance to sing a song on this one. Myles is great, I'm just thinking that Todd's presence live really elevated during the AL tour and I think Slash will want to write a song or two with him. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sing on this record.

And I totally agree Cosmonaut. While Slash's solo stuff has been great, it does suck we haven't gotten something epic like Coma or Locomotive. That would be really cool, and the closest we've gotten is Anastasia, which is awesome but completely different than those.

The riffing in Standing In The Sun sounds very much like Locomotive to me.

And I think that was kind of Slash's intention too, so he wouldn't have to rely on playing an old GN'R tune, he could just make a new song with a similar vibe.

Of course, thats not to say that Standing In The Sun is anywhere close in the league of Locomotive, but it has a similar vibe, and to me its one of the better songs on Apocalyptic Love

I just want him to take his time. I'm not talking Axl time, but to better the quality and tell the concept of quantity to fuck off (to an extent). I've only liked very small doses of Slash's material post Contraband (and pre Contraband for that matter), but the good stuff shows he's still got it. I just wish he would push for that greatness and give us an album full of Slithers and Anastasias. If that means pushing the album back to 2015, why not?

Just my two pennies.

• Like 3

I would love to love Myles' voice. I used to like it actually, but now it just sounds so whiney and bland. He is talented and a nice guy plus his work ethic is great, but he just lacks something. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have that extra something that legendary singers have.

I really like Slash's first solo album. I listened to the second one a couple times. An okay record, but didn't really get into it. Hopefully the third one's gonna be good.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

I know it is early in the progress but AL seemed like it was at this stage the fall before its release. Anyways, I know a lot of it was typical hard rock but I feel like it was done really well. I ended up loving the record. I do agree in that I would like to see Slash stretching himself more a bit like he did with Anastasia and more songs like that would be phenomenal.

I also really dig the solos on his first album and AL but it would be nice to hear some longer, slower ones he was known for. Its been ages since he really did a solo really like that. You Got No Right is the last song I can really think of with a solo like that.

Just browsing the AB forum and I get the impression that band plans on touring Fortress pretty hard next year and pretty deep into the year. They landed a pretty prime spot at the Download festival, and it sounds like they want to make the most of it.

Slash's album might have to wait a while into 2015 as they appear to be ready to tour far more extensively than they did with ABIII.

well, plans for Slash's new album are:

- release for late summer 2014

- Touring early fall 2014

For Alter Bridge:

- European Open Air Tour Summer 2014

- European indoor Tour during late Fall 2014

Yes, Myles is a machine ! :lol:

Yeah, I don't know how the hell he does it -- and from the time's I've seen him in concert and met him, he seems like the nicest, humbleist rock singer you'll ever meet

I'm surprised Alter Bridge hasn't booked any American gigs yet

You and me both, but I believe they book their US shows, at most, two months in advance. So essentially, if they want to play some US shows before Soundwave in late February, around this time would be right to announce some shows.

Realistically, with Slash and Myles doing Kings of Chaos in South America in late November, I see them doing that, then start doing more pre-production stuff with recording, all the way up to early February. Then AB is going to do Soundwave, probably do some shows in South America, then a long US tour with some US festivals and all, then maybe a small break, then do a Europe tour with some small-ball shows in rarely played countries (like Poland, etc.) along with the major festivals (including their high-profile spot at Download), maybe another small break, and one last Europe tour.

Afterwards, the Slash/Myles/Conspirator album will be out and their tour can begin until whenever and its on to ABV!!!!!!

Yeshhh, so much time for Myles to invest doing these long tours and albums, I want that solo album of his to come out soon, dagnabit.

Edited by Anguyen92