Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Hmmmm, after a few listens it really is a bit average, isn't it? Sounds like one of the many so-so tracks from his last album (One Last Thrill or something shitty like that).

I imagine the album will have some good tracks (there's always a few), perhaps if we're lucky an outstanding track (like Anastasia), but for the most part, it's business as usual for Slash. Generic, uninspired and tired. I've run out of adjectives to describe this song.

I would rather have one outstanding album every fifteen years (yes, I'm talking about Chinese Democracy) than countless albums filled with mediocrity.

There's nothing outstanding on democracy; waist of 15 years if you ask me

With Axl on vocals this would easily pass for something a 2014 version of GNR would have sounded like.

Maybe in 1987 or 1993; certainly not anytime since 2011

Horseshit. He improved a lot in 2014. At least it's good enough for some 2014 version of Guns that will never happen.

Lmao, too me he sounds like he sucks on a helium balloon before every song. Axl would be the weak link in any reunion.

Fuck that on the 2:55 mark:

Get real bro.

Prostitute is like my least favorite song of that album....lol

eiZjzZR.jpg

Obviously you've never actually heard Myles try to sing a Led Zep song....butchers it worse than he butchers GnR classics. He may be good enough for Alter Bridge...but he sucks in Slash's band. And thank God he never toured/recorded as Robert Plant's replacement.

Fair enough. Here's my counter-responses. To be fair though, it's been nine years ago and they hadn't done it since, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNIUjk28AwQ

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

Myles is a great singer with fantastic range (which means he can cover pretty much any rock song including GNR and VR), good songwriter, good guitarist if needed, isn't a pain in the ass to work with, and isn't a huge name that would charge a premium.

There's no better fit for Slash's band. If he ever cans Myles because of a bunch of idiot GNR fans who think rasp and attitude are everything I'll be so disappointed in him as an artist.

He is not a good songwriter. That is a blatant falsehood.

Myles is a great singer with fantastic range (which means he can cover pretty much any rock song including GNR and VR), good songwriter, good guitarist if needed, isn't a pain in the ass to work with, and isn't a huge name that would charge a premium.

There's no better fit for Slash's band. If he ever cans Myles because of a bunch of idiot GNR fans who think rasp and attitude are everything I'll be so disappointed in him as an artist.

Thats not a blatant falsehood.

His songwriting with Alter Bridge is great.

• Like 1

eiZjzZR.jpg

Obviously you've never actually heard Myles try to sing a Led Zep song....butchers it worse than he butchers GnR classics. He may be good enough for Alter Bridge...but he sucks in Slash's band. And thank God he never toured/recorded as Robert Plant's replacement.

Fair enough. Here's my counter-responses. To be fair though, it's been nine years ago and they hadn't done it since, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNIUjk28AwQ

the vid foghat posted is the absolute worst possible example of Myles singing LZ. you know how big a fan of Myles I am and I never bought the itunes sessions because I thought they pretty much fell flat all around, but definitely not the best example of Myles vocal abilities. I'd throw in SMK&C covering Immigrant Song from the last show of the AL tour or Communication Breakdown from the first European run on the Slash tour in 2010 as far better examples.

I don't know much Alter Bridge other than rise today, which is dreadful lyrically. Scraped levels of cringe.

In a lot of ways Myles' role with slash is similar to alter bridge. Myles comes in as a safe talented guy to take the place of a volatile dickhead, and makes generic rock. I won't pretend to have listened to the deep tracks on alter bridge albums but what I've heard sounds like background music at a car garage.

I don't know much Alter Bridge other than rise today, which is dreadful lyrically. Scraped levels of cringe.

In a lot of ways Myles' role with slash is similar to alter bridge. Myles comes in as a safe talented guy to take the place of a volatile dickhead, and makes generic rock. I won't pretend to have listened to the deep tracks on alter bridge albums but what I've heard sounds like background music at a car garage.

If thats what you think of Alter Bridge, than you haven't really listened to them.

Dude. Rise Today has not the best example of a showcase from AB. Most of the posters from the ABNation actually wants that song off their setlist, but it can't be done because it's such a good sing-a-long song. A better example would be Blackbird, Cry of Achilles, Fortress. Those songs long and if you don't want to listen to it, that's fine, but don't imply that Myles is a failsafe or something along the lines of that.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to say Myles Kennedy does nothing but put me off, full credit to the guy etc but his voice does not agree with me at all.

Just like Velvet Revolver, I'm unable to get into this Slash stuff because the singer just ruins it for me.

I realise it's all subjective, and there's an irony I like Axl's voice yet think Myles' is unbearable but there you go.

Hmmmm, after a few listens it really is a bit average, isn't it? Sounds like one of the many so-so tracks from his last album (One Last Thrill or something shitty like that).

I imagine the album will have some good tracks (there's always a few), perhaps if we're lucky an outstanding track (like Anastasia), but for the most part, it's business as usual for Slash. Generic, uninspired and tired. I've run out of adjectives to describe this song.

I would rather have one outstanding album every fifteen years (yes, I'm talking about Chinese Democracy) than countless albums filled with mediocrity.

With Axl on vocals this would easily pass for something a 2014 version of GNR would have sounded like.

Horseshit. He improved a lot in 2014. At least it's good enough for some 2014 version of Guns that will never happen.

Lmao, too me he sounds like he sucks on a helium balloon before every song. Axl would be the weak link in any reunion.

Get real bro.

:facepalm:

Prostitute is like the last example of a song of Axl's vocal prowess. ...This song blows moose cock

The song has nothing to do with it. Listen to Axl's voice. Are you deaf? You said his voice sucks ever since 2011. Did you even listen to the clip? Can clearly hear he sounds way better then 2011. Why is it so hard for you to admit Axl sounds pretty good, even great sometimes? lol.

eiZjzZR.jpg

Actually his voice is pretty monotonic and don't really fit Slash guitars

Led Zeppelin without any of the members isn't Led zeppelin just a coverband. fact

but he doesn't have rasshpp!!

That's not the main problem

He is technically gifted as fuck there's no deny about it.

But his voice is boring and generic. In Aler Bridge at the first album he is fucking good and dynamic. Other records (incl. Slash) he doesn't.

Truth is the truth hurts don't you agree,

Edited by Crash Diet

Come on, man. I get it with the range and control and all that. Technically, he's extremely gifted, but you can't honestly be this surprised that his voice gets on some people's nerves. He makes everything sound generic, imo. Songs he sings on sound like they should be playing in the background of Madden video games.

• Like 2

Come on, man. I get it with the range and control and all that. Technically, he's extremely gifted, but you can't honestly be this surprised that his voice gets on some people's nerves. He makes everything sound generic, imo. Songs he sings on sound like they should be playing in the background of Madden video games.

Yeah, he's more in the genre of sports games. Bumble is more oldschool. You know, Sonic, and other SEGA favorites. Myles is just trying to recapture old Gn'R glory with sports events.

Don't judge an entire band if you haven't taken the time to listen to them then. Myles can write some generic stuff, but there are plenty of occasions where he shines.

About the LZ thing: That version of Communication Breakdown might be one of the worst vocal performances he's ever done. His voice was so tired because he's been working his ass off singing for 2 bands with almost no breaks. Listen to the cover of Immigrant Song they played during the Kings of Chaos tour (and afterwards with the Conspirators). Someone posted an AB cover of Rock 'n Roll up there. That's the stuff you want to be listening to.

I understand that his voice is not for everybody but stuff like "truth is the truth hurts don't you agree" is bullshit.. Music is subjective and Myles has got a huge following who will disagree with you.

• Like 2

Well, let's be honest guys, if you don't like Myles' voice on this song, you won't probably like his voice on the major part of the album. But hey wait, i really want you guys to hear the song "Battleground" for instance; cool performances and surprising stuff on this album i can say. Check out the webisode 7... ;)

Get real bro.

:facepalm:

Prostitute is like the last example of a song of Axl's vocal prowess. ...This song blows moose cock

The song has nothing to do with it. Listen to Axl's voice. Are you deaf? You said his voice sucks ever since 2011. Did you even listen to the clip? Can clearly hear he sounds way better then 2011. Why is it so hard for you to admit Axl sounds pretty good, even great sometimes? lol.

Seriously you think that sounds good? Let's agree to disagree then bud. If you want to say it sounds 5 percent better, maybe I'll agree, but to me he sounds like he was sacking a helium balloon.

I want to thank ratbrain, Gibbo and metallex who contacted me via PM, that's all I'm gonna say! :lol:

I listened to the song and it was better than I expected. Kerns is damn awesome. The song itself is not earth-shattering or whatever but it's good. I would give it a decent 6/10. Better than You're A Lie for me.

Can't wait for the album!