Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Honestly, the most frustrating thing for me about Slash's albums, is that there is always at least one song that hints at what Slash can really do and his potential in the studio and how cool the material can be, but the rest of the material doesn't compare imo.

Slither, By The Sword, Anastasia. Watch This says a lot about how Slash works. He wanted someone to sing on it, but decided to just release it as an instrumental when they couldn't find a good match for it. It was too good for that imo. Had a lot of potential as a proper song.

Hopefully the upcoming release will be more even, and the quality more consistent.

Slither, By The Sword, Anastasia and Fall To Pieces, I like musically, but they're dying for Axl's vocals and lyrics (find the Anastasia lyrics distractingky cheesy). Watch This would be fucking EPIC with Axl on it, it's the Slash song that needs him most.

Nah, axl's voice sucks anymore and his lyrics for CD suck even worse than his vocals - maybe axl circa afd or uyi but those days are long gone

All I care about are rocking guitar riffs, superb arrangements, and fun vocal melodies (and some cool bass stuff from Mr. Kerns). Myles could sing about cheese (which is something I don't particularly like) for all I care it wouldn't change my opinion of any Slash album at all. Slash makes them because he likes to rock (like April Wine), not because there's some message he'd like to impart onto the world (though he may do this secondarily, its not the priority). I think with CD it was more of a priority, and that worked well right? Wait.....

Edited by OmarBradley

I would rather listen to the lyrics of Gina G's masterpiece, Just A Litte Bit, over-and-over again than listen to ginger pubes droll on about some bird which ditched him (probably because she had fuckin sense: anyone with sense does tend to disassociate themselves from W. Axl Rose) twenty years' ago.

All I care about are rocking guitar riffs, superb arrangements, and fun vocal melodies (and some cool bass stuff from Mr. Kerns). Myles could sing about cheese (which is something I don't particularly like) for all I care it wouldn't change my opinion of any Slash album at all. Slash makes them because he likes to rock (like April Wine), not because there's some message he'd like to impart onto the world (though he may do this secondarily, its not the priority). I think with CD it was more of a priority, and that worked well right? Wait.....

I'm with you on this...

Todd tweeted out that Elvis Baskette is producing the album.

He does all of Alter Bridge's stuff, as well as Tremonti's solo stuff.

This album will most definitely have a different sound from AL with that guy in the producer's chair.

Oh joy (sarcasm). I guess this will lead to an interesting development although I'm not thrilled about it.

Heavy record... nice.

What would be nice also is if Walking Papers and Slash would tour together...

That would be a great bill! Both bands are awesome live and Duff can join the Conspirator's set for a few tunes

This album will most definitely have a different sound from AL with that guy in the producer's chair.

That is kind of a strange change. I liked the simple production of AL, still optimistic though

Slash didn't want Todd to leak it...but yeah that's true guys, Elvis is on board ! :lol::headbang:

To be honest I am kind of excited there is some new blood (relative to this project at least) in the room for this album.

I liked the work he did with Eric Valentine, but a new voice relative to Slash's world could never hurt.

The AB board is saying that Elvis will push Slash, which is only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I am sure this was Myles suggestion. I wonder if he will have a bigger footprint on this album since they are bringing in a guy he is clearly comfortable working with.

To be honest I am kind of excited there is some new blood (relative to this project at least) in the room for this album.

I liked the work he did with Eric Valentine, but a new voice relative to Slash's world could never hurt.

The AB board is saying that Elvis will push Slash, which is only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I am sure this was Myles suggestion. I wonder if he will have a bigger footprint on this album since they are bringing in a guy he is clearly comfortable working with.

Yeah totally !

When i met Myles 2 months ago in Paris, the guys were looking for a producer, i mean a new producer. Slash loves the new AB album "Fortress". Myles said they didn't even know where they will record the album, he mentioned maybe Florida or Los Angeles.

That's a good news, can't wait to hear it !