Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

The other guys are not in Oz so there's no other way than that fn' backing track lol

Am not saying it's his fault but its not going to go down well, he'd be better of staying home I reckon. This could of done great things for Slash over here if the whole band played say World On Fire, Bent To Fly and Paradise City

How do you think this would go down in America playing too a backing track at the NFL super bowl ?

Edited by Gibbo 27

The other guys are not in Oz so there's no other way than that fn' backing track lol

Am not saying it's his fault but its not going to go down well, he'd be better of staying home I reckon. This could of done great things for Slash over here if the whole band played say World On Fire, Bent To Fly and Paradise City

How do you think this would go down in America playing too a backing track at the NFL super bowl ?

It happens at the Super Bowl all the time.. The Chilli Peppers just did it.

So I put the album down after listening to it for a couple weeks. For those two weeks I was intentionally listening to it and getting to know the album.

Now the songs are stuck in my head and I am just putting the album on every time I get in the car. I can't even let myself put it down.. This didn't happen with AL.

Unholy is my track of the day.. What is that one about anyway?

It happens at the Super Bowl all the time.. The Chilli Peppers just did it.

So I put the album down after listening to it for a couple weeks. For those two weeks I was intentionally listening to it and getting to know the album.

Now the songs are stuck in my head and I am just putting the album on every time I get in the car. I can't even let myself put it down.. This didn't happen with AL.

this actually sounds different from the super bowl. sounds like here his guitar will be live, but the rest of the band will be recorded whereas it seems as if the super bowl has the instruments 100% prerecorded.

Still excited to know how ticket sales in europe are

well I can only speak for France but the 2 shows are almost sold out. 1rst night is sold out and there's only standing tickets left for the second night. Quite sure Paris gigs will be sold out ! :headbang:

Damn, I better decide quick if I want to go the 2nd show or not!

Child abuse in the Catholic Church.

Is your grandpa digging it? the album I mean, not child abuse in the catholic church.

He just got it in the post yesterday, hasn't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'll report back when he does ;)

Interesting... Sabbath had one of those on their last album too.

Let's not forget Pat Benatar way back in 1981:

That's what they want you to think. :no:

Song is really about Axl's serial abuse of his guitar players. All dressed up and cleverly disguised by Myles for Slash.

Think about it--poor Bumble just the latest sap to be groomed with promises of a new album and writing credits only to get lied to and crushed. SHIT HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!! :fuckyou:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

well I can only speak for France but the 2 shows are almost sold out. 1rst night is sold out and there's only standing tickets left for the second night. Quite sure Paris gigs will be sold out ! :headbang:

That's awesome. Crowd is growing. 12000 people solely in Paris.

In the UK he'll play in more than one arena with a size of more than 12000 people.

I would be impressed if he sold them out as well. Maybe one of them.

According to the Venue Website : Munich gig sold out !
  • Like 1

Maybe this has been mentioned earlier in the thread:

Is there any reason Slash didn't do any TV music appearances in the US? Seems he did a lot for his first solo album (I guess he didn't for AL now that I think about it), and he obviously did a shitload of press for this album. Just a bit surprising he didn't do anything on TV. I know he's good friends with Conan so maybe go on there while he was in California for those 3 club shows?

Just a curious thought while I was watching some weekly Conan clips. I believe the last thing he promoted there was the Nothing Left To Fear soundtrack.

Is there any reason Slash didn't do any TV music appearances in the US? Seems he did a lot for his first solo album (I guess he didn't for AL now that I think about it), and he obviously did a shitload of press for this album. Just a bit surprising he didn't do anything on TV. I know he's good friends with Conan so maybe go on there while he was in California for those 3 club shows?

Just a curious thought while I was watching some weekly Conan clips. I believe the last thing he promoted there was the Nothing Left To Fear soundtrack.

My guess would be since he's not touring the us; he is doing interviews in Australia Edited by jmapelian

I went to a strip club last night and one of the dancers asked what she should dance too, so I tell her Wicked Delilah and she does, and next set comes on to world on fire. Thankfully there were no Wicked Delilah's dancing last night.

Edited by jmapelian
  • Like 1

I went to a strip club last night and one of the dancers asked what she should dance too, so I tell her Wicked Delilah and she does, and next set comes on to world on fire. Thankfully there were no Wicked Delilah's dancing last night.

Wicked Delilah must be the 18th track on WOF ;)

My guess would be since he's not touring the us; he is doing interviews in Australia

Fair enough. Just saying he did radio and interview promotion heavily for this album in the US. I'm a tad surprised that he did all that promoting and didn't even do one TV appearance maybe while he was in LA before those club shows last week or the week before. Not disappointed, but the thought just occurred to me that that would be very helpful, if not moreso, in selling records which seemed to be his #1 concern this month. I was merely wondering if anyone knew if something was planned. Like if they are able to go on Howard and play the song that maybe there were plans to do a TV appearance as well but it just didn't work out.

• Like 1