Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I went to a strip club last night and one of the dancers asked what she should dance too, so I tell her Wicked Delilah and she does, and next set comes on to world on fire. Thankfully there were no Wicked Delilah's dancing last night.

Wicked Delilah must be the 18th track on WOF ;)

Lol, fucking hungover when I posted

Maybe this has been mentioned earlier in the thread:

Is there any reason Slash didn't do any TV music appearances in the US? Seems he did a lot for his first solo album (I guess he didn't for AL now that I think about it), and he obviously did a shitload of press for this album. Just a bit surprising he didn't do anything on TV. I know he's good friends with Conan so maybe go on there while he was in California for those 3 club shows?

Just a curious thought while I was watching some weekly Conan clips. I believe the last thing he promoted there was the Nothing Left To Fear soundtrack.

My guess would be since he's not touring the us; he is doing interviews in Australia

Fair enough. Just saying he did radio and interview promotion heavily for this album in the US. I'm a tad surprised that he did all that promoting and didn't even do one TV appearance maybe while he was in LA before those club shows last week or the week before. Not disappointed, but the thought just occurred to me that that would be very helpful, if not moreso, in selling records which seemed to be his #1 concern this month. I was merely wondering if anyone knew if something was planned. Like if they are able to go on Howard and play the song that maybe there were plans to do a TV appearance as well but it just didn't work out.

Yeah, you make some good points

I went to a strip club last night and one of the dancers asked what she should dance too, so I tell her Wicked Delilah and she does, and next set comes on to world on fire. Thankfully there were no Wicked Delilah's dancing last night.

That is awesome man, where are you from?

I have to admit - I had low expectations for this album. I'm a huge fan of Slash but I was let down by Apocalyptic Love. Many of the tracks fell into the "meh" category for me and there were few standouts.

Slash delivered big time with World on Fire though. The songwriting and riffing has improved big time. His solos are sublime and Myles is in better shape than last time. Even with so many tracks I can't truly call any filler. Some of my favorites are the title track (despite initially not being crazy about it), Too Far Gone, Wicked Stone, and Automatic Overdrive.

Safari Inn is also really cool. Slash definitely brought his A game this time around. I'd say it's easily his best solo effort since leaving Guns.

• Like 3

That is awesome man, where are you from?

NJ.

The album is getting better with each listen. Best album he has done since going solo.

Can't wait till these fuckers come to the states to tour

Ugh why the fuck is he playing to a goddamn backing track? Why aren't Myles and the Conspirators there?

This is Slash's Rio 2011. Seriously. The fuck?

Because Myles is on tour with alterbridge currently. Will be seeing them next Friday night!

So my Uncle came over for the Pats game Sunday and this is the CD I decided to give him. only had to chop one song to fit Anastasia. I think I made the right choice ;)

World On Fire

Anastasia

Shadow Life

Automatic Overdrive

Wicked Stone

30 Years To Life

Bent To Fly

Stone Blind

Too Far Gone

Beneath The Savage Sun

Withered Delilah

Battleground

Dirty Girl

Iris Of The Storm

Avalon

Safai Inn

Unholy

Just heard the first half of the album (up to Savage Sun) this morning while dropping someone off at the airport. Haven't listened to it in about 2 weeks, and I couldn't use an iPod in the car and this was the closest CD.

It really can't be said enough how good this album is. Its just so... exactly what you want. I find myself really shuffling between a lot of favorites and I get into different parts every time I hear the album. Like today I was so into Shadow Life and Stone Blind and Too Far Gone. And whats in between them are incredible songs like Automatic Overdrive, Wicked Stone, 30 Years To Life. They just all fit together so well and they are all so different and its just such a great listening experience. Very well balanced (I'm really coming around to Bent To Fly slowing down the record in the spot that its in) and some of the best playing from Slash and the whole band. Just such a really tight unit.

I really can't wait to hear the second half of the album on Saturday when I go to pick these people up from the airport. I seriously do think he's beat the odds and there isn't one of the 17 songs I don't like, which really does boggle my mind.

• Like 1

Haven't listened to the entire album in around 2 weeks. Just found a new love for Shadow Life.

Fuckin' kick-ass album!

Love it when that happens! I think Dissident is the only song I don't really like.. And even that song has a good solo. One of the riffs is pretty cool too.

I can really "Bent to Fly" being a huge fucking song.. It is time for a new fucking single and that needs to be it.