Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Starlight popped into my Spotify playlist. I haven't heard this song in a long time and then when I first time I heard it, I was like it, wow, Slash and Myles gel well together. So hopefully, there's something like that on this album along the veins of Starlight and Far and Away.

Edited by Anguyen92

Off topic but why the hate for bad rain? Only song on AL where Myles voice didn't annoy me. The riff was killer. Lyrics are awful sure but that's not what you listen to a Slash album for.

Yeah, but sometimes, something is so horridly shitty that you can't take the rest of the song seriously. The riff is cool though.

Edited by Rovim

Off topic but why the hate for bad rain? Only song on AL where Myles voice didn't annoy me. The riff was killer. Lyrics are awful sure but that's not what you listen to a Slash album for.

Over time I've grown to like it more, it was probably my least favorite track upon first listening to AL though.

Cheeserock at its worst. The video is like a parody, except it's serious.

Kinda like every Gn'R music video ever released. Better is the latest. I thought I was supposed to pick a fighter like in Mortal Kombat when the part with introducing the band members reached to Bucket. Axl and the Ferrari was quite cheesy in an 80's sort of way as well.

Edited by Rovim

The better video was never released, with good reason.

And I'm pretty sure gnr never did a video with slash playing guitar in a cartoon strip club, so no, none of their videos are as cheesy as bad rain.

Kinda like is not just as cheesy but yeah the Better video was never released. In about a week became a leak. We still know it was supposed to be released and is shitty.

I hate Bad Rain and I hate the video for it. Low budget waste of time. But it's not like Estranged or November Rain or Don't Cry were less cheesy then a cartoon strip club. The fact it was 2012 or whatever is why it fucking sucks way more for me. And at least you get to listen to a good song while watching a shit music video if it's a Guns song and not fucking Bad Rain. That was nothing compared to Dirty Girl. If it'll get a music video in my head.

Edited by Rovim

The better video was never released, with good reason.

And I'm pretty sure gnr never did a video with slash playing guitar in a cartoon strip club, so no, none of their videos are as cheesy as bad rain.

Shut your mouth. The 'Bad Rain' video is hilarious and awesome. You're no fun.
2m7stc6.jpg

Amazon UK has the Classic Rock fanpack ready to pre-order!

51X3yv7QbJL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KLA0XGU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1CWASBKGRZ2GC1D5X9ED&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

For those who live outside UK like myself, Amazon UK deducts the IVA so it makes the item cheaper! :D Needless to say I just pre-ordered 3 copies.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

I hope this next single makes it into the charts.

What sort of charts? I think the first single is going to hit top 5 or better in US active rock for sure pending on how it is being promoted. I don't see it going into anything "mainstream" unfortunately.

Edited by Anguyen92

I've decided that Myles is not going to ruin this album for me. If it's whiny and a cat gets murdered slowly throughout the entire thing, I'm just gonna focus on Slash's guitar. I'm not a hater, but sometimes his voice can be distracting.

• Like 1

I've decided that Myles is not going to ruin this album for me. If it's whiny and a cat gets murdered slowly throughout the entire thing, I'm just gonna focus on Slash's guitar. I'm not a hater, but sometimes his voice can be distracting.

When he and Tremonti were on that metal show he addressed that and it sounded like he was going to use his lower registers more in future albums. But when he does GN'R songs, the song kind of dictates how he sings it

I think automatic overdrive sounds awesome

You are a hipster tool, Bacardi!

Safe to say that no one hanging around a GNR message board in 2014 is anything close to a hipster. :lol: It's like being 1 of 20 obese hogs in line at Dairy Queen and thinking you're somehow hotter and superior because another fattie with the same 8 dip cone as yours has added sprinkles on their top.

Doesn't matter how many other bands and genres of music we like, if you're hanging on a GNR message board in 2014 to keep check on Axl's weight, hair and voice travails through the bowling alley gigs, wedding gigs and repeat Vegas residencies, you've forfeited any right to play the hi-brow card.

Just enjoy another carton of Ben & Jerry's and shut the hell up...

Edited by Turn_It_Up
  • Like 3

I think automatic overdrive sounds awesome

You are a hipster tool, Bacardi!

Safe to say that no one hanging around a GNR message board in 2014 is anything close to a hipster. :lol: It's like being 1 of 20 obese hogs in line at Dairy Queen and thinking you're somehow hotter and superior because another fattie with the same 8 dip cone as yours has added sprinkles on their top.

Doesn't matter how many other bands and genres of music we like, if you're hanging on a GNR message board in 2014 to keep check on Axl's weight, hair and voice travails through the bowling alley gigs, wedding gigs and repeat Vegas residencies, you've forfeited any right to play the hi-brow card.

Just enjoy another carton of Ben & Jerry's and shut the hell up...

wdys.gif