Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Don't see the problem with 17 tracks, it's not like Slash is gonna hold a gun to your head and make you listen to it all the way through on each listen :lol: I can see how it might drag on in a situation where you do listen to it all the way through like at the listening party, but if for most of us there's at least 5 tracks we dig then we'll just listen to those individually. It's really only with concept albums where I feel like too many tracks is a bad thing (I don't think I've ever managed to listen to The Wall in one sitting).

It's not a huge issue, but I do like listening to albums front to back. If I have too many tracks to skip over, it does detract from the experience.

It also takes a while to really "explore" 17 tracks too, and for some albums that means I just never get around to it.

• Like 1

Don't see the problem with 17 tracks, it's not like Slash is gonna hold a gun to your head and make you listen to it all the way through on each listen :lol: I can see how it might drag on in a situation where you do listen to it all the way through like at the listening party, but if for most of us there's at least 5 tracks we dig then we'll just listen to those individually. It's really only with concept albums where I feel like too many tracks is a bad thing (I don't think I've ever managed to listen to The Wall in one sitting).

It's not a huge issue, but I do like listening to albums front to back. If I have too many tracks to skip over, it does detract from the experience.

It also takes a while to really "explore" 17 tracks too, and for some albums that means I just never get around to it.

I agree with both of those points, and if it were any other artist I might agree. But being a big Slash fan, if he recorded 17 tracks (+ more for bonus releases), I want to hear them. Also has it been stated whether the full 17 are on the standard release?

I remember I kept skipping Better and TWAT first few months I listened to Chinese. Then they ended up becoming two of my favourite songs :P

With Slash's last 2 albums I think I've gone through them from start to finish once or twice, but I generally just listen to the tracks I like these days. Only album in the past few years I listen to regularly from start to finish is Random Access Memories, and that seems to have been crafted as an album experience (i.e. the track Within modulating from one key to another between Giorgio and Instant Crush).

I agree with both of those points, and if it were any other artist I might agree. But being a big Slash fan, if he recorded 17 tracks (+ more for bonus releases), I want to hear them. Also has it been stated whether the full 17 are on the standard release?

They appear on the track listing on iTunes so I assume so (iTunes version is standard album).

Guest Gunns

Not that impressed with the songs I've heard so far, maybe it gets better on repeat listens...

It's not out for a while dude. :unsure:

Just came from the listening party, so fn' tired so i'll say it's heavier and sleazier ! :P:lol:

There's some great songs with great riffs but my guess is that 17 songs is too much. It goes from generic rock to really great snakepit kinda songs with killer riffs and groovy rythm section. Let's go deeper when i'll find my ears... :lol:

I think we were all expecting a little filler at 17 tracks... I'm hoping for at least a few standouts though. What you're describing sounds pretty great though. :D
Pretty weak cupcake attempt on my part but wanted people to think I had leaks lol

The Council of Slash Fans will meet to determine your fate. Since you admitted your trolling, we might not execute you.

I've been subjected to worse, like dj ashba being demented in Gnr, so come what may.

Jesus it's like I pissed off a hornets nest lol

Don't get me wrong I want to hear them too! Just hoping there are enough solid tracks to anchor the album so I can enjoy it as a whole. :)

It doesn't sound like he's going to let us down.

I'd rather get more songs than less songs from my favorite artists. What some consider filler, others might really love.

I can't imagine Axl saying that CD2 was going to be 17 songs and coming here and reading about people complaining that it should only be 13 songs.

I'd rather get more songs than less songs from my favorite artists. What some consider filler, others might really love.

I can't imagine Axl saying that CD2 was going to be 17 songs and coming here and reading about people complaining that it should only be 13 songs.

Sir, please remember Axl's one album in 20 years thing. People go from not caring too much about how many songs they're getting to wanting as much songs as possible cause no one knows when will be the next time they'll hear new music again. It's a different situation to Slash's normal way of doing things as a musician, which you know, is releasing more then one album in 20 years.

Edited by Rovim

How long is the album, Slash2baz? With 17 songs, included an 8-min one, I got to think it's above the 65 min. mark.

77 min ! And yeah there's some long songs !

Anything on the level of Anastasia? Any solos you can remember thinking that people are going to love this?

So contains a lot of fillers, but contains some epic songs. Sounds promising. My only hope is Myles using more different vocal styles not only his nasal voice. If it goes this way, tehn i'm sure this will be a great record
PS. sometimes fillers can groove on your ears, lol

well, "Battleground" for me is the epic song of the record. There's a song quite heavy with classical vibe too.

Myles said in an interview recently he was totally blown away by the solo in Battleground the first time Elvis played it for him.

How long is the album, Slash2baz? With 17 songs, included an 8-min one, I got to think it's above the 65 min. mark.

77 min ! And yeah there's some long songs !

You have to give us more detail please.... saying it's great doesn't cut it... :lol::P

We wanna know whether this album is as strong as the real to reel videos kinda hinted at.

How are Slash's solos, do they sound like Slash worked really hard with Elvis on getting them really good, and what about bass and drums, does the album have more punch than Apocalyptic Love does?

And how was the instrumental?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm dying for any info we can get! :lol:

:monkey:

Ok guys, i got messaged by Slash's management, I have to shut my mouth about the new album, really sorry ! I just can say it's sleazier and Heavier ! ;)

Expecting AFD sounding material mixed with some Snakepit and a whole lotta AL. Can work well actually. It's all Slash, but he does sound different in Contraband, Snakepit, Slash, and AL. There is a difference there. Anyway, it seems everything came together quite nicely for this album. Soon.