Did Axl miss a great chance by not getting John Frusciante?

ManetsBR

If Axl had gotten Frusciante, his band would have been better than old GNR.

No.

No serious musician would join NuGNR at this point.

This though. There's no way in hell that somebody like Frusciante would touch Axl's travelling circus with a shitty bargepole at this point.

• Like 2

When it comes to his solo material John Frusciante is absolutely amazing. One of the best artists of his generation. His solo material blows RHCP material outta the water in terms of quality and creativity in my opinion. It would've been an absolute shame had he joined Guns N Roses and been left to rot. Did Axl miss his chance. Fuck yeah he did but I'm so glad that never happened for John's sake.

John Frusciante >>>>>> Guns N Roses post 1993

• Like 1

When it comes to his solo material John Frusciante is absolutely amazing. One of the best artists of his generation. His solo material blows RHCP material outta the water in terms of quality and creativity in my opinion. It would've been an absolute shame had he joined Guns N Roses and been left to rot. Did Axl miss his chance. Fuck yeah he did but I'm so glad that never happened for John's sake.

John Frusciante >>>>>> Guns N Roses post 1993

I'm not a big RHCP fan, but I decided to check out The Empyrean a couple of years back and was blown away.

Aside from Neil Young, Axl and John Frusciante are my favorite musicians-- period.

John would never have accepted-- considering he left RHCP to get out of the spot light. If it had happened I personally think that Axl and John could have made music transcendent or at least on par to any of their respective hits.

Who knows how well they know each other these days but I would like to think that the two could could collaborate outside of GNR in the future

Could you imagine though if John had returned at the turn of the last decade with nugnr? Robin, John and Buckethead

He ran his course with the RHCPs, and maybe down the road he'll meet up with them again and do something. After Stadium Arcadium, that was the best way to make an exit with them - but It's like wondering if Dave Navarro missed an opportunity by not joining GNR and he was asked twice.

I hate saying this but nobody who is a well established musician has missed out on anything by not joining GnR up to this point. Maybe if the next release is a belter they might think what if but sadly the truth is GnR does not run to a schedule that most musicians would be happy with. I think the music is great when it arrives, I love CD, but I doubt it would be enough for the top names as history has sadly proven.

ManetsBR, on 01 Nov 2013 - 2:03 PM, said:

Around the same time Robin left GNR, John left the Chilli Peppers. I think Axl missed a great opportunity.

I would have preferred him over Finck's sloppyess and endless dud notes - ( Oh but that's part of his charm) Silly me :no: