discuss Catcher in the Rye lyrics

wasted

The last verse is brilliant. Axl has always had a way of saving his best verse for last, and CITR is just the latest one. But if you think about it; YCBM, RQ, and more (haven't had my coffee yet, brain not functioning). But I agree, the last verse in catcher is the best, that one gets stuck in my head.

It's all brilliant. Especially the demo version. Musically and lyrically it's great. With this song, Axl has proved he can find new themes and just you know...still be able to write a damn good song that sounds original.

Edited by Rovim

Sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it's way overrated. I like the outro. Just can't pinpoint what makes me waver on this song. Ditto for Street of Dreams. Sympathy for the Devil on the hand is underrated.

It's got its moments, but removing the Brian May solo was the hugest of mistakes. And honestly it could use a good trim, length-wise. It just keeps going and going, feels like it should've been over 1 minute or 2 sooner.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it's way overrated. I like the outro. Just can't pinpoint what makes me waver on this song. Ditto for Street of Dreams. Sympathy for the Devil on the hand is underrated.

It's got its moments, but removing the Brian May solo was the hugest of mistakes. And honestly it could use a good trim, length-wise. It just keeps going and going, feels like it should've been over 1 minute or 2 sooner.

I still can't believe he was crazy enough to remove it. As a musician I can't understand how he let himself pull that shit off. That's borderline retarded musically. It took a lot away from the song as the solo was part of it's DNA. Now I like the studio version, but it lost all of the magic the demo had. It's proof Axl really does tinker too much. He doesn't know when to stop and I love Chinese, but it's like...some songs got raped and some songs really are better like There Was A Time cause of Bucket's outro, but for the most part, the material is at the mercy of Axl's nutiness. How nutty is he today? so his shortcomings as a human being naturally take away from the musical experience.

The demo version was perfect musically, and it's just an opinion, but the demo speaks for itself. Didn't get used cause Axl attaches too much emotional baggage to everything. Every little comment is accounted for. Damn.

Edited by Rovim