John Bonham should be suspended because of his avatar. I am offended.

saber_

Firstly, I would like to be clear that I am not homophobic, however, nonetheless, I must object to this site allowing the user "John Bonham" to have has avatar be a naked-upper-torso picture (of himself presumably). There are pubic hairs visible in the photo. I believe that this is a violation of the terms of service of this site and I am hereby requesting that you, the mods and admins of this site, take action immejiately.

Furthermore, his member title says "Slash's Jarmo." I think this in and of itself should be a bannable offense. I ask you to consider severe penalties for his infractions. After all, he was one of the main parties who trolled Bumblefoot in the Ritz chatroom.

I ask you to convene a council and consider his comeuppance that is long past due.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

Having examined the image in question, I have formed the following opinion:

1. Bonham has a set of washboard abs that most people merely dream of being able to call their own; we are very fortunate he has chosen to share them with our humble community.
  2. If you looked close enough and long enough at his picture to see pubic hair, then I find it hard to imagine you are as repulsed by this image as you're making out. Embrace it. There's nothing wrong with finding him attractive, not at all.
  3. Is this really any more offensive than someone having an animated GIF of bouncing boobs as their avatar? Or the half-naked women getting posted in the "Hottest Girls Ever" thread?

It seems the real reason you are upset is that the image is of a man. If you are truly offended, I have posted some instructions in the "Ask an Admin" thread outlining how you can block a member's avatar from being displayed. Just install Adblock and add the direct link to the image to your block list.

• Like 1

He's the reason Bumblefoot is not coming back here. Think about that. But thanks for the comedic response. Slash's Jarmos continue to run roughshod over this place.

Bumblefoot not giving us any warning and just dropping in randomly is the reason he is not coming back here. If he had done that, we would have been able to moderate the chat. Think about that maybe?

He's my favourite member of the current lineup and I managed to apologise to him in person for the incident - so I wouldn't put too much weight in JB being the reason he's not coming back.

BTW, if you wanted a serious response, you shouldn't have made the dramatic thread in the first place - you could easily have sent me a PM. :thumbsup:

Very well then.

I just believe that Slash's Jarmos get more leeway than Axl's Jarmos here on this site. That is all.

I take particular offense to that comment, given that I have had plenty of people to call for you and volcano to be banned on more than one occasion. You all get treated just the same.

Very well then.

I just believe that Slash's Jarmos get more leeway than Axl's Jarmos here on this site. That is all.

I take particular offense to that comment, given that I have had plenty of people to call for you and volcano to be banned on more than one occasion. You all get treated just the same.

And how many of those requests were due to my shenanigans in the Attitude section? And you guys bought it: hook, line, and sinker. As far as actual posting history comparisons go: I'll take the pepsi challenge against Slash's Jarmos any day of the week.

But, the answer to this thread's inquiry has been made: John Bonham's pubes get to stay on this site. So be it.

John Bonham's the user who PM'ed me requesting that I make him a similar signature to mine.

When I asked him what fetish he wants (or what type of arse he wants), I got a load of white girls in return...

I'm still working out what to do with them. - and also, what to put with them. :lol:

... Sometimes a man needs more than just arse alone if he's to make a signature.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Yeah, I think we all got that you are a bit of a drama queen - I took your question as seriously as I could. I told you how you could hide the avatar. If this kind of material is really offensive, we should close all the threads that have half-naked females in them as well, right?

The image in question:

photo-37410.jpg

The cover of a magazine someone posted in the Hottest Girls thread:

emily12_zpsa264c167.jpg

A vast number of even more revealing images of women can be found in the Hottest Girls ever thread (the latest page is pretty delightful), and there are plenty of other threads with similar pictures. It would be extremely sexist of us to ask JB to remove his avatar when people post even more revealing photos of women here all the time. This is obviously about your personal issues with him, and certainly I'm not going to ban someone on those grounds.

EDIT:

If anyone is offended by an avatar or signature, install Adblock and add the link to your blocklist. This is link for JB's:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/uploadss126696/profile/photo-37410.jpg

I hope I have given you a serious enough response to your very serious question. If you do choose to use adblock here guys, please consider donating to the forum as ads are really our only consistent revenue stream. :)

• Like 2