Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Ford wanted Han to be killed in Return of The Jedi.

That death scene was heart breaking. But I liked the fact that they had balls to do it, to kill him.

The new-comers were really good. I liked all of them. Rey was great. She kicks ass! Poe Dameron should've had more screentime, but that's probably my only (very minor) complaint. Also digging Kylo Ren. A very complex character.

Edited by jekylhyde

I just browse some local news comment section on a relatively big news site and around the 30th comment, some cunt randomly spam the whole spoilers in 2 sentences... totally randomc and off topic style

Thanks for ruining my experience mr. random comment cupcake

I'm pissed now as fuck, because i literally avoid anything spoilerish to this point... :fuckyou::popcorn:

Edited by Strange Broue

I just browse some local news comment section on a relatively big news site and around the 30th comment, some cunt randomly spam the whole spoilers in 2 sentences... totally randomc and off topic style

I'm pissed now as fuck, because i literally avoid anything spoilerish to this point... :fuckyou::popcorn:

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Your story has resulted in a new rule that is applicable only to this thread:

IF YOU POST ANY SPOILERISH NEWS ITEMS RELATING TO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS IN THIS THREAD, YOU WILL RECEIVE A TWO MONTH SUSPENSION FROM THIS FORUM. PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE VIEWING THIS THREAD WISH TO EXPERIENCE THE FILM FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT HAVE IT RUINED BY SCHMUCKS.

THANKS!

(reposted in the first of this thread).

• Like 2

IF YOU POST ANY SPOILERISH NEWS ITEMS RELATING TO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS IN THIS THREAD, YOU WILL RECEIVE A TWO MONTH SUSPENSION FROM THIS FORUM. PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE VIEWING THIS THREAD WISH TO EXPERIENCE THE FILM FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT HAVE IT RUINED BY SCHMUCKS.

THANKS!

Good rule! But just to check - Is it okay to discuss parts of the plot/movie when you actually use spoiler tags?

THANKS!

Good rule! But just to check - Is it okay to discuss parts of the plot/movie when you actually use spoiler tags?

Eventually we'll merge the two threads, but for now, any and all conversation relating to plot points or details from the movie should be discussed in the spoiler thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/213162-star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoiler-thread/

THANKS!

you da real mvp.

Still at a 94% on rotten tomatoes with 165 positive reviews and 10 negative ones. It's certified by the top critics tho. Been reading some non-spoiler reviews and the general consensus seems to be that the cast is stellar, the pacing is brilliant, and it leaves you excited for more, with some flaws being that the plot may be a little too similar to the original, some characters get sidelined due to so much going on, and while most questions being left unanswered made sense, a little bit more explanation of some things could've been nicer.

I'm happy to hear all this. I can't wait to finally see the actual thing tomorrow so that I can finally read the spoiler thread here and on all the other sites, as well as spoiler-related reviews, so that I could get some more detailed opinions to take into account.

I just read that Disney has forced Arclight Theaters into voiding their contract to play Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome in LA from Christmas to New Year's, insisting that they must instead show TFA at the Cinerama Dome during that time frame instead. If Arclight refused to void their contract with Weinstein, they wouldn't get TFA at any of their theaters.

That's FUCKED up.

I just read that Disney has forced Arclight Theaters into voiding their contract to play Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome in LA from Christmas to New Year's, insisting that they must instead show TFA at the Cinerama Dome during that time frame instead. If Arclight refused to void their contract with Weinstein, they wouldn't get TFA at any of their theaters.

That's FUCKED up.

Yeah that really is fucked up :/

That's FUCKED up.

That's insane. What a shitty move. There's really some worry that enough people won't be going to see this? Hateful Eight really poses some sort of threat in their eyes?

That's FUCKED up.

It is.

And some cunt also spoiled the movie for me on IMDb (why I decided to open the forum, who knows) so I'm not very happy. :(