Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

It is.

And some cunt also spoiled the movie for me on IMDb (why I decided to open the forum, who knows) so I'm not very happy. :(

Some a-hole posted a major spoiler on Instagram today too.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

TMZ just reported on it -- someone from Indonesia is posting pivotal parts of the film online, so now tons of people are posting the spoilers everywhere. Word of caution to everyone: BEWARE of clicking on ANYTHING related to the film if you don't want it ruined for you. Don't even look at comments sections of news articles or reviews. People are deliberately going out of their way to ruin it. Bootlegs are obviously common and unavoidable these days but I could see Disney trying to track the leaker of this clip(s) down.

I could see Han's death being really divisive amongst the fanbase and creating kind of a "vocal minority" negative opinion down the road, not unlike how Star Trek Into Darkness was well received by critics and audiences but, due to fanboys, you'd be led to believe it was an abomination that derailed a storied franchise. Or not unlike how Indiana Jones 4 actually received very good reviews and made a lot of money, but the consensus years later is that it was a total turkey (I hated it, but I have to admit I was in a minority at the time of its release, as most people seemed to like it).

I'm just curious to see if the "twist" involving Han will go over well with die-hards in the long run or not... the movie will make huge amounts of money regardless, but a year from now, will the online fanbase be hostile towards the film because of that, or will it be beloved?

I just read that Disney has forced Arclight Theaters into voiding their contract to play Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome in LA from Christmas to New Year's, insisting that they must instead show TFA at the Cinerama Dome during that time frame instead. If Arclight refused to void their contract with Weinstein, they wouldn't get TFA at any of their theaters.

That's FUCKED up.

Wow. How shitty of them :lol:

I'm going to the Arc theater in Baltimore for the 70mm showing of the Hateful Eight.

There's a regal cinema right across from where I work that isn't getting TFA, though I'm not sure the exact reasoning.

I just read that Disney has forced Arclight Theaters into voiding their contract to play Hateful Eight at the Cinerama Dome in LA from Christmas to New Year's, insisting that they must instead show TFA at the Cinerama Dome during that time frame instead. If Arclight refused to void their contract with Weinstein, they wouldn't get TFA at any of their theaters.

That's FUCKED up.

It is.

And some cunt also spoiled the movie for me on IMDb (why I decided to open the forum, who knows) so I'm not very happy. :(

I'm trying to stay offline as much as possible - really only checking "safe" channels. MyGNR seems good (Especially with Downzy's new suspension rule :awesomeface:). The subreddits I frequent are either too inactive to be targeted by cupcakes, or being moderated exceedingly well (Seriously - I can browse /r/StarWars with virtually no risk of seeing spoilers unless I click into a spoiler thread? Respect.). That's about it, I'm staying off social media entirely except to check my Facebook notifications for anything really important.

That's FUCKED up.

Wow. How shitty of them :lol:

I'm going to the Arc theater in Baltimore for the 70mm showing of the Hateful Eight.

There's a regal cinema right across from where I work that isn't getting TFA, though I'm not sure the exact reasoning.

I'm so fucking excited to see Hateful Eight in 70mm - gonna be amazing.

Ford's also getting up there in age of course, so it's a smart way to give his character an out on screen rather than shoehorn him into the future installments if the story doesn't call for it. This way, Ford won't be required, especially as he continues to age. He's in damn fine shape but all the same I think most of us felt that Han Solo had it coming considering what Ford has said for years.

I just saw the movie, so here it is the non-spoiler report:
First, the most iportant thing...there was no cheering in the cinema. :P

The film is great! In my opinion it is at least the same level as Empire Strikes back. I have a huge respect for the original trilogy (or I'd say New Hope), because everything was original there - lightsabers, epic space battles, the force/"religion", music by John Williams, the sound of evil (sorry James Earl Jones), etc.; and everything was just an upgrade later on.

But this film is beyond amazing. The story is great, acting is great, new characters (Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren) are complex and not-hard-to-like-them; there are a lot of epic shots and landscapes and the ending is probably the best in all Star wars saga. The other thing is, that everything is new but old at the same time. A lot of familiar space creatures and androids from the original trilogy, the music is excellent, few familiar catch phrases,... really, I'm Speachless. It's like you're watching one of the originals film, but with better effects and film techniques.
Few things were a bit predictable here and there (fuck you trailers and international commercials) and some things could have been done differently, but none of the previous films is perfect.

Well, thank you J.J. Abrams.

My rate: 9,5/10.

• Like 1

I wonder how big Snooke really is. And how the hell he knows so much about the force.

The other great thing is that Kylo Ren takes his mask off and he has a "normal" face...I mean, not burned or anything.

Damn, when Luke removes his hood...I was expecting that he will say "Hello there". Like Obi Wan Kenobi, when he first saw Luke. :lol: