Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Just had to hand out a 60 day suspension for posting spoilers in this thread.

PLEASE remember to use the spoiler thread for any and all spoiler related posts.

Bit extreme?

I don't think so - a 60 day suspension is lighter than I'm seeing on a lot of other websites that are reprimanding people for posting spoilers. On Reddit, even on some subreddits that have absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars, even the slightest spoiler will land you with a permanent ban.

How long will the spoiler ban last?

I'm guessing until we merge the threads (Which we're talking about when we'll do in the mod section currently).

It is just a film!

It's "just a film" which people have been waiting 32 years for, and cupcakes are running rampant on the internet intentionally spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet.

There is not anything much to reveal anywhere beyond one thing. A 60 day ban for revealing some stupid plot to a film is absurd. I do not agree in the slightest.

It is just a film!

It's "just a film" which people have been waiting 32 years for, and cupcakes are running rampant on the internet intentionally spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet.

There is not anything much to reveal anywhere beyond one thing. A 60 day ban for revealing some stupid plot to a film is absurd. I do not agree in the slightest.

OK great.

The point is that we made it more than clear what the rules were on this.

As I mentioned before, I don't want this thread derailed by this. If you have any issues with moderation, take it to that thread.

Please leave this thread for those who want to have non-spoiler discussions about the movie.

Google Star Wars, Despecialized Edition. It is a 720p transfer of the original trilogy, painstakingly removing any of Lucas' fuckings with over the years. Down to the 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm logos, it is the film that premiered in theaters originally. There is a YouTube video of how much work went into the original, which had the most work put into it. I mean, these guys like, film scans and super impositions.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

Jjc7EDVl.jpgdiE6bMTl.jpg20b0Dxvl.jpg

Good explanation, but how many viewers are going to read that? People shouldn't have to do their own research in order to make sense of an action movie.

I'm not sensing that this first order are that dark an organisation for some reason, whether that be the intent or a failure of the film. Is that just me?