Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

One thing I like, they seem to be re-writing the myth, ignoring the midi-chlorian crap. Rey and Kylo are obviously strong with the Force, but there are other characters that seem to benefit from it. Finn turning from The First Order, helping Poe, how he is able to quickly use a giant gun without knowing how to do it. He held his own against a wounded Kylo before being nearly killed.

Growing up, we believed The Force was something anyone can use if they put their faith in it. Ignoring the shit from the prequels, it may still be the case.

Nope, just microscopic bugs in your blood.

• Like 1

One thing I like, they seem to be re-writing the myth, ignoring the midi-chlorian crap. Rey and Kylo are obviously strong with the Force, but there are other characters that seem to benefit from it. Finn turning from The First Order, helping Poe, how he is able to quickly use a giant gun without knowing how to do it. He held his own against a wounded Kylo before being nearly killed.

Growing up, we believed The Force was something anyone can use if they put their faith in it. Ignoring the shit from the prequels, it may still be the case.

Like Space AIDS.

Like Space AIDS.

More like space crabs.

Like Space AIDS.

More like space crabs.

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Crabs Awaken

Something crossed my mind recently. I don't think Rey's real name is actually Rey. I just think that's something she calls herself since she lost her memory, supposedly.

Han seems to know who she is, and yet he asks her what her name is she says "rey" and then he kinda smiles and recites it, almost as tho he were holding back a laugh and thinking "so that's what you're calling yourself now?"

In all the pre-production stuff her name was Kira. I think that's what her real birth name is supposed to be...Just putting that out there.

EDIT: it's late. I'm probably over analyzing the fuck out of this. Carry on.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, rocknroll41 said:

My hunch is that it'll be the other way around, and it'll be in Episode VIII, and then Kylo will be redeemed and help Rey defeat Snoke in IX. That's just my hunch, tho.

Or what if Kylo is kinda playing both sides of the field?

I remember Gen. Hux saying something to Kylo along the lines of "careful you don't let your personal vendettas get in the way of Snokes agenda" or something like that. Kylo wanted the map to Luke real bad not just for the sake of Snoke, but his own purpose.

I at first thought Rey and Kylo were connected somehow but not in a direct brother/sister way. Maybe cousins? :shrugs:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

For some reason I thought Jedi were like, above sexuality...but it wouldn't surprise me if they have Luke chug a black cock or two to keep up with the times.

No reason to keep up with the times. It takes place "A long time ago"  The fact his sexuality has even become a discussion on the internet if fucking discgraceful and shows how idiotic our society has become. It's a completely irrlevant topic and does nothing to advance the story or even impact the story. It's beyond fucking stupid that it's even come up and if the makers of the future Star Wars movies feel this moronic need to address it then they can just fuck off. I don't give a rats ass what Luke's sexuality is and neither does anybody else.

Also these on going rumors of a Finn and Poe romance are asinine as well. Nobody gives  god damn flying fuck. Not even gays care to see a gay romance in Star Wars. What does it accomplish? Nothing. It's simply an embarrassing attempt to pander to a certain demographic (who doesn't even want it) based on political correctness. Star Wars isn't the moral platform to address people's sexual differences. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bono said:

It takes place "A long time ago" 

Not the best argument, seeing as the Ancient Greeks, Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Persians, various Native American tribes with the Two-Spirit concept among, Japanese samurai, the Chinese from at least 600 BC to the mid-19th century, and so on all practiced homosexuality and/or bisexuality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

If it's going to happen in Star Wars, as long as it's not shoehorned in or pandering, then I don't see the problem with it. You've got people with laser swords using magic to fight aliens, I don't see how having a man who fancies other men would be dramatically or tonally inconsistent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amir said:

Not the best argument, seeing as the Ancient Greeks, Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Persians, various Native American tribes with the Two-Spirit concept among, Japanese samurai, the Chinese from at least 600 BC to the mid-19th century, and so on all practiced homosexuality and/or bisexuality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

If it's going to happen in Star Wars, as long as it's not shoehorned in or pandering, then I don't see the problem with it. You've got people with laser swords using magic to fight aliens, I don't see how having a man who fancies other men would be dramatically or tonally inconsistent.

^Nailed it. As long as its handled well I'm all for it.

Besides, that article title is way way out of context. Mark Hamill was basically saying he welcomes speculation into Luke's sexuality, and does not mind if people want to imagine Luke as gay. He thinks its important for people to identify with Luke in their own way.

That's it, its nothing official. Just Hamill chatting about how the character can be interpreted.

• Like 3