Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

• 1 month later...

Best gigs I went to this year:

1. ELO - Hyde Park. Just absolutely beautiful

2. Any of the 3 Prince gigs I went to (hadn't seen him before this year) - Birmingham and the Roundhouse, London

3. Slash (went to 3, the 2 Paris shows were best, London show was still very good)

4. Pearl Jam - Milton Keynes. Amazing energy, great crowd, only know a handful of their songs but the 3.5 hour show was a blast

5. Neil Young - Hyde Park. Again, not that familiar with his songs, but he blew me away with his (especially for his age) impressive energy. Crowd was a bit lame, though.

6. Lady Gaga - The O2, London. A lot of fun. One or two preachy speeches too many, but she knows how to work a crowd. Also has a cracking arse.

7. Jane's Addiction - Brixton Academy, London. Crowd was mad, Perry is just really cool, show was a bit short but didn't outstay its welcome. Finally hearing Three Days live was a treat.

8. Aerosmith - Clapham Common. Tyler and Perry are professionals, Tyler know hows to get the crowd going, shame about the sea of phones blocking my view :/ Happy that they opened with Mama Kin, Tyler's voice puts Axl's to shame these days.

9. NIN - The O2, London. Thought this would be higher on the list. While still a very good show, it's not the manic high-energy experience that his previous tours seemed to be, appreciate that he's trying something new though.

10. Trampled By Turtles - A lot more low-key than the other shows I went to, but a barnstorm all the same, don't get to see many gigs with a fiddle, banjo and mandolin.

Not so great shows:

11. GNR - Buenos Aires. Axl's voice sucked. That said, the crowd was the wildest crowd I have ever been in, and Duff was the coolest motherfucker ever. Also finally got to hear My Michelle live at my 13th GNR show.

12. FNM/Soundgarden/Sabbath - Hyde Park. Meh. I loved FNM at Brixton in 2012 but this show disappointed me, still pissed off I haven't heard The Real Thing live yet. Soundgarden played my favourite album of theirs (Superunknown) from start to finish, but besides a bit of in-between song chatter from Cornell, it wasn't really an engaging experience. And Sabbath were OK, glad I finally got to see them live, but don't think I'll bother again. Ozzy's voice wasn't that bad, though.

Out of thsoe bands, the ones I'd definitely see again would be ELO, Prince, Slash. Would consider seeing PJ again if the tickets were much cheaper, same with Neil Young. Maybe NIN if I like whatever album they're touring. Think Gaga and Jane's are one and done for me, though I'd recommend seeing them if you haven't yet.

Was an awesome December got to see Morbid Angel, Behemoth and Kreator (best gig I've been too). 2015 is already shaping up nicely with Slipknot and Korn in January and Halestorm, Sodom in February plus plenty more to follow I'm sure.

My wishlist for 2015 is:

METAL- Exodus, Testament and Metallica (doubt that will happen)

ROCK- GnR, The Pretty Reckless and Biffy Clyro