Do you like Axl's Elmer Fudd at start of Don't Damn Me?

niceguy

I always loved this song: the guitar riffs are excellent, the tones are amazing, and Axl's lyrics are awesome. Great anger song.

But why the Elmer Fudd impression at the opening of the song? Am I missing something? Is it, like, something you need to be really intelligent to understand? Or is it absolute stupidity which cannot be explained?

Do you like the Fudd effects?

• Like 1

W...T...F... are you talking about? Why would you even feel the need to spin something like this? *sigh*

I know you're a self-proclaimed superfan and all, but perhaps you'll recall that Axl has made a similar vocalization in other GnR songs. Maybe you've heard of "Sweet Child O' Mine"? Check around the 4 minute mark in the video.

It has nothing to do with Elmer Fudd, nor is it even reminiscent of Elmer Fudd. Which is why you omitted any sort of evidence in the opening post... because there is none.

I always liked the riff from Don't Damn Me but hated the lyrics. I thought that song could have been a hit but the lyrics always seemed self-important and juvenile to me even as a kid hearing it for the first time.

Self important? Don't Damn Me is one of THE best songs at summarizing the concept of people having "illusions" that help them get by from day to day and the need to get rid of those illusions.

The lyrics all throughout the Illusion albums speak of the need to do away with your illusions in life and see things for what they really are.

• Like 1

Dudes, it's CLEARLY an Elmer Fudd impression. Jesus christ. It's at 9 seconds into the song.

And Axl recently did an Elmer Fudd impression on stage, where he went "I'm hunting wabbits".

So, do you like it? I mean, with people here saying that TWAT is the greatest GNR song of all time, I suppose anything goes.

Niceguy might be the worst poster of 2013. Constant shitposts and every time he gets called out on it, starts strawmanning about Axl fans thinking insane things that almost no one actually thinks.

Provides entertainment in the absence of anything vaguely newsworthy nevertheless.

I always liked the riff from Don't Damn Me but hated the lyrics. I thought that song could have been a hit but the lyrics always seemed self-important and juvenile to me even as a kid hearing it for the first time.

Self important? Don't Damn Me is one of THE best songs at summarizing the concept of people having "illusions" that help them get by from day to day and the need to get rid of those illusions.

The lyrics all throughout the Illusion albums speak of the need to do away with your illusions in life and see things for what they really are.

We see it differently. I see it as the beginning of the "woe is me, i'm so put upon" lyrical mindset that fleshed out most of CD.

I thought what you described was said much more effectively in something like "Locomotive",

Elmer Fudd does that?

If that's the thing niceguy's trying to make a big stink about, this thread is even more shit than I thought.

Kinda like that. It's not exact by any means. I wouldn't even say I think it's an intentional imitation. I've just always associated the two.

• Like 1

That's always been my opinion on the song. It's always singled out as one of the highlights of the Use Your Illusion records, but the lyrics are much more self-indulgent than anything on Chinese Democracy.