Do you like Axl's Elmer Fudd at start of Don't Damn Me?

niceguy

First, I love that this thread got so much traction. But really, what else is there to talk about? No band news = time to analyze a cartoony snippet of a song.

That said, it's clearly Chester Cheetah. For those too young to remember, not only did CC make that sound, but WHEN he made the sound is important to the context of the song. CC would do the "aye aye aye..." after getting hit in some cartoon-slap stick kinda way (I.e., an anvil dropped on the head). Much of the lyrics of Don't Damn Me imply Axl feeling beaten up for what he says or does, kinda like the cat getting hit, and thus, the facetious sound to begin the song.

On a side note, Don't Damn Me is one of my favorite gnr tunes. The riff is awesome, and I really like Axl's lyrics. Lots of irony and intentional contradictions to say, "you don't have to analyze everything I say because I am a rock star." Which is of course what I and we do constantly. I also get a kick out of the ending. My brothers and I have ended many a happy birthday song with "alright! that sucked!" Wish there was a live version of the song to listen to.

Pubes.