GNR 1985 Frat Party Photo July 21st 1985

Birk

Is the older blond lady to the right of Slash/Steven the infamous Warchild? She is much to old to be at a frat party and she's staring intently at Axl.

Please don't quit your day job little fella. Stand up comedy is not even an option for you.

Also why do you talk behind other members' back?

I didn't think you would think it was funny, seeing as how you swore that warchild was a man!!!!!

Lolcano and Wf*ckina and Soul ...........this topic is about GnR playing at a frat party, not about me. Is it possible for you all to talk about the topic? If you have a problem with me, feel free to use the PM feature. You guys post more about me than you do the topics, it's getting a little weird. Four posts in a row about me and not about the topic. I don't mind, it makes me laugh at how much I get to you guys......but I'm sure all the other posters don't want to continually read it.

STAY on topic people!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't swear on anything stop making shit up and stay on topic.

The only weird one is you Shakespeare.

Inb4 essay response to Volcano

Might be a whole book...depends how angry he gets.

Well, after all, you are the Original Nutter.

Don't forget..Original worshipper also!

Shit I'm so original you can see me in the pic posted in the OP. :headbang:

What was that gig like 'Cano? Did smash piss one of the college girls' beds? :lol: Edited by wfuckinga

By the way the guy standing in front of Axl with the blue jacket is Tracii Guns coming to check out his old band.

That's an interesting little tid bit considering all the fallouts they had.

I wonder what would make him go to see them at a frat party.

Marc, are any of the former members freinds with Tracci nowadays??

Only one I know of is Gilby. But I'm only basing that assumption on them working together on the Hollywood Rose demos.

By the way the guy standing in front of Axl with the blue jacket is Tracii Guns coming to check out his old band.

Only one I know of is Gilby. But I'm only basing that assumption on them working together on the Hollywood Rose demos.

Tracii also did guitar work on Gilby's album SWAG.

What was that gig like 'Cano? Did smash piss one of the college girls' beds? :lol:

I got the college girls in the end! Axl's trick really works lol

I think its hilarious when people in today's homophilic society see Axl's assless pants and throw a fit. Derrrp.

For the record I didn't throw a fit- just posited the idea that it might've been awkward to have to sit behind a drum kit and stare into that strange little bony behind for a while :)

What was that gig like 'Cano? Did smash piss one of the college girls' beds? :lol:

That's cool. I'm guessing they have been freinds since the strip days, when Gilby was in Candy and Tracci LA Guns.

That's cool. I'm guessing they have been freinds since the strip days, when Gilby was in Candy and Tracci LA Guns.

Probably. I'd like to add Tracii is a hell of a guitar player and you can tell the difference when he's the one playing on Gilby's record.

Is the older blond lady to the right of Slash/Steven the infamous Warchild? She is much to old to be at a frat party and she's staring intently at Axl.

Please don't quit your day job little fella. Stand up comedy is not even an option for you.

Also why do you talk behind other members' back?

I didn't think you would think it was funny, seeing as how you swore that warchild was a man!!!!!

Lolcano and Wf*ckina and Soul ...........this topic is about GnR playing at a frat party, not about me. Is it possible for you all to talk about the topic? If you have a problem with me, feel free to use the PM feature. You guys post more about me than you do the topics, it's getting a little weird. Four posts in a row about me and not about the topic. I don't mind, it makes me laugh at how much I get to you guys......but I'm sure all the other posters don't want to continually read it.

STAY on topic people!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't swear on anything stop making shit up and stay on topic.

The only weird one is you Shakespeare.

LOL. Ya, you did. You used to say that Sailway was a male and was the best poster on the forum!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your personal feelings about me in the topic. I do appreciate your honesty.

Now back on topic.

Wf*ckina - did you listen to much LA Guns?

They had a couple decent songs, but were pretty boring compared to GnR's music.

Their most popular song was probably Ballad of Jayne. Compare that to GnR's ballads - no real comparison.

Edited by Groghan

Probably. I'd like to add Tracii is a hell of a guitar player and you can tell the difference when he's the one playing on Gilby's record.

Yeah, no doubt, Tracii is a great player. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I used to own a few LA Guns records.

Him and Gilby would seem like a good guitar duo, are their songs any good?

Yeah, no doubt, Tracii is a great player. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I used to own a few LA Guns records.

Alien, Under The Gun and Crocodile tears are decent from the album SWAG.

You can tell they are missing an Axl in their band :lol:

Tracii is a lot like Slash, he needs to be surrounded by a great band to make good music.

Alien, Under The Gun and Crocodile tears are decent from the album SWAG.

You can tell they are missing an Axl in their band :lol:

Tracii is a lot like Slash, he needs to be surrounded by a great band to make good music.

Agree about him needing to be surrounded by other good musicians. I was going to say earlier that alot of his stuff is cheesey. The songs that are good are def good though, I'm actually a little surprised LA Guns weren't more popular. If I remember right Ballad of Jane was their biggest song. I think its cool anyways.

Somebody got AIDS that night.

i cant believe you just said that, you have no class at all

It was a big deal in the 80s. People having unprotected sex, sharing needles and such. We should embrace history rather than forgetting what happened.

its not about embracing history or forgetting what happened at all, its the way coma16 throws it out there like its the common cold or the flu that bothers me

Yeah but he's just a little kid though. doesn't know what he's saying.

Marc, what did Tracii think?

I don't know what he thought that day but I'm sure after he heard WTTJ which was new, they had just debut it the night before at the Troubadour. I'm sure he saw that Slash changed the band in a way that he couldn't have. I would have to say he was jealous that the band was doing well. Slash was his High School rival and is now taken his place in the band that he help start. Both Slash and Tracii were in bands with Axl before and now there was no looking back. The band only had one way to go and that was all the way to the top.

Were Slash and Tracii friendly rivals, or eventually became friends with each other, & how was it for you when you saw LA Guns have some hits because you had known him for over a decade by then?

Friendly rivals but still rivals. It was great to see Tracii break out of the club scene and make a name for himself.
  • Like 1

Sorry Marc but with the excitement caused round here by that photo of Axl's assless chaps I got wondering. Can you pinpoint a time when Axl stopped teasing his hair up and dialled back the glam looks? It's definitely still there in the jungle video and on the Lies sleeve, so to an outsider who wasn't there it seems like he clung on to the glam for a while.

Also, in a very interesting Niven interview posted here a while ago, he said duff openly disapproved of axl's glam look in the early years. Did you ever hear the guys discussing their image much?