Does anyone have videos of Slash's historic performance at Ribfest?

bacardimayne

It was such an iconic event. Right up there with Lollapalooza and Coachella among America's biggest music festivals. Anyone have some good footage of this historic performance?

Proceeds goes to ...elimination of child abuse and domestic violence.

Most of the documentary's about the festival, 1:10 on has to do with the program.

Wow, this is like the 2nd or 3rd thread I've seen gnr fans dissing slash for doing charity.....wheras axl bangs outbhis fans for 100-150 a pop, yet the myth still persists that slash is a $$ grubbing whore and axl is above $$...not sure how that myth is still perpetuated despite all evidence to the contrary

Playing at Ribfest is still better than playing bowling alleys

The Bowling Alley gig was a one off special gig for fans, not "fans".

Ribfest was actually a pretty huge event. If you search for videos on YouTube, you'll see that most of them were shot from very, very far away.

i.e. It was virtually impossible to get close to the stage.

For $15 a ticket, I could probably draw a crowd. I haven't even been in a famous band and I have no idea what I'm doing with an instrument.
Sure why not............ D.J. has proven that to be true hasn't he?.............. :lol:
Yes, excellant example. DJ is out there playing $15 shows every night. Just like Slash.

pay attention mate...before he joined NuGuns DJ wasn't in a famous band and is not much of a guitar player...hope that clears it up for you...........

It's Guns N' Roses, and yes he was. Obviously you haven't heard of Sixx: A.M., so I'm going to assume you've been under a rock since 2007

How much do you wanna bet if gnr weren't playinggovernors ball later that week - they wouldn't have put on that "special bowling alley show" for the fans...for the fans my ass, tix were $150, you gotta be fucking kiddng me it was for the fans

And sixx: am aint famous for dj ashba...if not for nikki sixx, dj would e as annonymous as bbf

• Like 1

How much do you wanna bet if gnr weren't playinggovernors ball later that week - they wouldn't have put on that "special bowling alley show" for the fans...for the fans my ass, tix were $150, you gotta be fucking kiddng me it was for the fans

And sixx: am aint famous for dj ashba...if not for nikki sixx, dj would e as annonymous as bbf

GNR does everything for money. And let me revise that, Axl Rose does everything for money. Axl Rose does everything for himself. Thats why his band left him and thats why he's in this stupid predicament some of you seem fit to call GNR. DJ shouldn't even be allowed in the same room as Slash, let alone the country. Become famous on your own DJ Ashba, and then come back and talk to me. Otherwise... yeah, thats about it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2013 Ribfest Profits of $548,000 distributed to Community Projects

December 10, 2013 - The Naperville Exchange Club will distribute $548,000 to Naperville area non-profits for their community projects to eliminate child abuse and domestic violence. After reviewing over 90 projects, Allocations Committee Chair Diane Simmons and her committee identified 52 groups to be included in this years allocation generated from the proceeds of Ribfest. The Exchange Club, through Ribfest will have donated more than $14 million to local agencies primarily to fight child abuse and domestic violence.

Wow! Slash helped to raise $548,000 to fight child abuse and domestic violence. That's pretty cool. :slash:
  • Like 1

December 10, 2013 - The Naperville Exchange Club will distribute $548,000 to Naperville area non-profits for their community projects to eliminate child abuse and domestic violence. After reviewing over 90 projects, Allocations Committee Chair Diane Simmons and her committee identified 52 groups to be included in this years allocation generated from the proceeds of Ribfest. The Exchange Club, through Ribfest will have donated more than $14 million to local agencies primarily to fight child abuse and domestic violence.

Wow! Slash helped to raise $548,000 to fight child abuse and domestic violence. That's pretty cool. :slash:

I contributed to this by attending

• Like 2

and yet people like bacardi still laguhing at this performance/occasion...

• Like 2

and yet people like bacardi still laguhing at this performance/occasion...
And me, don't forget me. I don't give a shit if it was for charity, or if all proceeds went directly to me, the fact that Slash is playing Ribfest is fucking hilarious. It'll be funny when Axl sinks that far too, but not as funny because everyone likes to point out how successful Slash was in VR as if he was anywhere near the driving force of that band, so the fact that he's almost as low as Adler now is just too comical.

Big fuckin deal...Slash could just donate that money like Axl does under the radar.

You'll never see Axl go "look at me look at me I am raising money for charity" Fuck that he does it on the low and doesn't need to whore himself out.

• Like 1

Big fuckin deal...Slash could just donate that money like Axl does under the radar.

You'll never see Axl go "look at me look at me I am raising money for charity" Fuck that he does it on the low and doesn't need to whore himself out.

Source? Or are you just making shit up again?

You have no proof Slash doesn't do this.

• Like 1

These kinds of comments are absolutely uncalled for and borderline defamatory, volcano. You're becoming a parody of yourself with your over-the-top Axl love and Slash hatred. Calling someone who's helped to raise 550,000 dollars for a child-centered charity a "whore"? Unnecessarily bringing Axl and his alleged under-the-table donations into the equation when it has NOTHING to do with the topic whatsoever? (And just for the record, what the fuck do you call stuff like Farm Aid or the Bridge Concert Benefit? Is that "on the low"? Or is it just using one's fame for a noble cause, to help raise awareness and money for people who need it?)

Get a grip on yourself, dude, or you won't be allowed to keep posting in here.

• Like 2

These kinds of comments are absolutely uncalled for and borderline defamatory, volcano. You're becoming a parody of yourself with your over-the-top Axl love and Slash hatred. Calling someone who's helped to raise 550,000 dollars for a child-centered charity a "whore"? Unnecessarily bringing Axl and his alleged under-the-table donations into the equation when it has NOTHING to do with the topic whatsoever? (And just for the record, what the fuck do you call stuff like Farm Aid or the Bridge Concert Benefit? Is that "on the low"? Or is it just using one's fame for a noble cause, to help raise awareness and money for people who need it?)

The sad thing is you or other mods doesn't ban his ass, because when he cupcakes he generates a lot of reactions and forum traffic

• Like 1

The sad thing is you or other mods doesn't ban his ass, because when he cupcakes he generates a lot of reactions and forum traffic
Explain why they don't ban you then.