5 Years of Chinese Democracy

wfuckinga

It's my favorite album... It's still a constant in my cars cd-rotation. My favorite song changes fairly often, but Sorry, Prostitute and Catcher are usually in the top 5. I wish they'd do IRS live again, Axl used to put a lot into that song and he can probably still pull it off pretty well. I wish he'd work out his clean voice and try Prostitute, he gave up on it too soon. (Compare the Sorry from Osaka '09 to Sydney '10, imagine if he'd stuck with Prostitute and played it at that level). I'd love it if one day the red hand artwork was officially released, in some kind of box set or maybe a 10th anniversary edition? (What if the next album we get is a CD anniversary edition with alt artwork and bonus tracks? :ph34r:)

*edited my post to a proper reply :P

Edited by RickRoses

While I thoroughly enjoy CD, even the tracks I'm not really into, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a masterpiece. I mean, I feel words like masterpiece and flawless are thrown around way too easily these days. It's like, everything we like is a masterpiece… eh… no, it's not. It's ok.

If it's just a masterpiece, why did it elicit such a meh reaction? Why isn't it hailed, outside of these forums, as such? as a masterpiece?

AFD is masterpiece. Master of Puppets is a masterpiece, Rust in Peace? Sure. Piece of Mind? Sure. CD? I don't think so.

I am one of those people who fall in love with a new album from one of my favourite bands then realise that it's not that good after a few months, but Chinese Democracy is still on regular rotation on my iPod and I haven't one become sick of it or found any flaws with it. It is by far my most favourite album of all time and.

it's a bad album, especially if we take into consideration that the demos sound better than the album. a song like "catcher in the rye" is a perfect example of that. this song was literally butchered by the worthless annoying guitar solo at the end of the song.

Edited by Roky

Best album ever in my opinion, disregarding the horrible playlist order. It took my five years to rearrange it.

Now I play it like this;

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Cather In The Rye

3. IRS

4. Street Of Dreams

5. Magagascar

6. Sorry

7. There Was A Time

8. Riad n' The Bedouins

9. Shakler's Revenge

10. If The World

11. This I Love

Better, Scraped and Prostitue are not quite good enough imo. I'm also considering deleting Street of Dreams from the playlist.

Then I would like to have a version of Riad without Axl's vocals in that last part of the song. The guitars drowns a bit.

Apart from that litte flaw along and the few mentioned misfires/fillers along with the awful playlist order, I think the album is perfect.

Best album ever in my opinion, disregarding the horrible playlist order. It took my five years to rearrange it.

Now I play it like this;

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Cather In The Rye

3. IRS

4. Street Of Dreams

5. Magagascar

6. Sorry

7. There Was A Time

8. Riad n' The Bedouins

9. Shakler's Revenge

10. If The World

11. This I Love

Better, Scraped and Prostitue are not quite good enough imo. I'm also considering deleting Street of Dreams from the playlist.

Then I would like to have a version of Riad without Axl's vocals in that last part of the song. The guitars drowns a bit.

Apart from that litte flaw along and the few mentioned misfires/fillers along with the awful playlist order, I think the album is perfect.

as sides of vinyl Id say the CD tracklist works. Even as Openning big, keeping up the energy going epic works per 7 songs on cd. But overall the CD makes slow impression.

Chi dem

ITW

Twat

TIL

Scraped

Sorry

Madagascar

Would really blow people away as a side.

But SOD is almost a stand alone track, its so dark and tasteful. Better is similar they both lack the energy of some of the others.

It has some great songs, I listen to them all regularly except ITW and TIL. Prostitute or TWAT could've been hits if released and promoted properly.

Had the album came out years earlier, with bucket, finck, and brain, I think we would've had a much more solid and popular album.

Although I like CD, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. I wouldn't call AFD a masterpiece either though, maybe the illusions, but to me a masterpiece needs to be something with lots of hits, catchy, and I don't feel like any bands first album should achieve masterpiece status.