The argument about fans not paying for/wanting new music

ThinkAboutYou

Chris Pitman is a very cool guy and I know where Chris is coming from here

People do download but not everyone the record industry is a hard industry to be in but that doesn't mean you stop releasing music

Fans of any artist/band want new songs some will pay for the music others will steal it but new music is also needed to continue touring and releasing merchandise and keeping artists/bands alive.

I just hope this isn't the logic GNR are using to justify not releasing anything

This isn't meant to be a hate thread so keep it respectful

I think theres the added expectationpressure of being GNR, which had tge meteroic rise. Has the numbers to compare. then theres latter day thing. Bands like Stones slowed down a bit. Its harder to make a record that people will care about.

Some artists want things back to how they were, but I think Chris would agree that the creative freedom and ability to record and put out the music you want without interference is better than ever.

Also, the days of people getting music for free have kind of died down. Being that Chris and Del kind of said the same thing about people downloading for free as a reason why no music's coming, maybe it's how Axl feels but he's never come out and talked about it to the fans or in interviews. It matters to a lot of people, and I think the next time around, the promotion will be better, and Axl will be more involved in it. He seems to enjoy how his life is right now.

Some artists want things back to how they were, but I think Chris would agree that the creative freedom and ability to record and put out the music you want without interference is better than ever.

Also, the days of people getting music for free have kind of died down. Being that Chris and Del kind of said the same thing about people downloading for free as a reason why no music's coming, maybe it's how Axl feels but he's never come out and talked about it to the fans or in interviews. It matters to a lot of people, and I think the next time around, the promotion will be better, and Axl will be more involved in it. He seems to enjoy how his life is right now.

Things will never be the same as 60's 70's 80's 90's you have to adapt like all industries

The internet changed everything but if you adapt and are innovative you can survive

If Chris was right, no band would ever release an album ever again and every band would keep playing the same old shit. Which is ridiculous.

Horrible excuse for being an unproductive crap band.

This.

The logical conclusion to pitman's argument is for today's successful bands to tour their hits till they die, and then we just shut down the music industry because no more profit can be made from it. I'm amazed to hear a guy who claims to be an 'artist' say what he said.

Question is - which of your hits will you be touring pitman?

" You don't have to be in a hurry to make a new record anymore cause people don't buy it. There's no record shops. So why in a fuck to put a record out?! People don't wanna buy it so we don't have to put it out." - Pitman

I guess this quote tells everything you'd ever care to know about Pitman as an artist. Absolutely no desire, thirst, interest or appreciation of creativiy for sake of creativity; Only reason why musican would want to create and put out new music is to sell max. amount of albums. That's all there is to it. That's alll being an artist is about: Sell as much shit as you can. If you think people don't buy it, why create it??

Of course, there's much in his undertones that suggests he has pretty much dropped the ball somewhere around late 90's or so. Metallica Vs. Napster represents the far reaches of his understanding in what Music Industry can do with digital media and what digital media can do to music industry. He speaks of extinction of record shops as if it were some malign thing caused by PEOPLE WHO STEAL MUSIC OMG. He seems ignorant of the entire digital revolution. Nobody has remembered to tell him people mostly want their pop culture to be digital now. Record shops are in trouble for the same reason movie rental places, video game stores and even book shops are in trouble. His ignorance on this is much less interesting than his take on why an artist wants to be an aritst though.

Of course, what NonGNR member #922929292 thinks of anything is pretty irrelevant. I think there are GNR fans whose departure from GNR galaxy would have biggger influence to GNR than Pitman's departure. However, it is easy to wonder if he feels able to speak of creativity and being an artist in such cold, depressing and dismissive fashion because that is the prevailing atmopshere within the band, Axl included.

Edited by LTD

" You don't have to be in a hurry to make a new record anymore cause people don't buy it. There's no record shops. So why in a fuck to put a record out?! People don't wanna buy it so we don't have to put it out." - Pitman

I guess this quote tells everything you'd ever care to know about Pitman as an artist. Absolutely no desire, thirst, interest or appreciation of creativiy for sake of creativity; Only reason why musican would want to create and put out new music is to sell max. amount of albums. That's all there is to it. That's alll being an artist is about: Sell as much shit as you can. If you think people don't buy it, why create it??

Of course, there's much in his undertones that suggests he has pretty much dropped the ball somewhere around late 90's or so. Metallica Vs. Napster represents the far reaches of his understanding in what Music Industry can do with digital media and what digital media can do to music industry. He speaks of extinction of record shops as if it were some malign thing caused by PEOPLE WHO STEAL MUSIC OMG. He seems ignorant of the entire digital revolution. Nobody has remembered to tell him people mostly want their pop culture to be digital now. Record shops are in trouble for the same reason movie rental places, video game stores and even book shops are in trouble. His ignorance on this is much less interesting than his take on why an artist wants to be an aritst though.

Of course, what NonGNR member #922929292 thinks of anything is pretty irrelevant. I think there are GNR fans whose departure from GNR galaxy would have biggger influence to GNR than Pitman's departure. However, it is easy to wonder if he feels able to speak of creativity and being an artist in such cold, depressing and dismissive fashion because that is the prevailing atmopshere within the band, Axl included.

I think Pittman still has the fire and creativity I just think that for some reason his disillusioned possibly by sales of his solo effort's

I what hes saying is the labels arent falling over themselves for new releases, they still make money but its not urgent. They statistically make more money from old music. So maybe the pressure is off, the label might want to put out a live dvd or another gh before new product. I guess it could seen as a positive spin on we arent going to make loads of money off records. But they are kind of in a strong position bcos they have the back catalog to tour or dont really care that much anyway. It all points to a much longer wait and maybe no record ever happening. 2020 seems like the earliest.

Edited by wasted

I actually think the other members of GNR know nothing about what's actually going on with GNR, so they just come up with some bullshit excuse.

I would say "no comment" and then admit that the only member that can answer any GNR related questions is: AXL ROSE

Stop lying and just admit you guys know nothing when the band is apart.