GNR Confessions

bacardimayne

-I used to think Chinese Democracy was the best GNR album

-I used to think This I Love was one of the best GNR songs ever

-I listened to Shackler's Revenge about 60 times consecutively when it first leaked

-I used to think Slash (2010) was a good album

-I listened to "Crucify the Dead" from said album about 100 times in the initial week it came out

-I have never listened to a full solo album by a classic GNR member aside from Slash

-I haven't even listened to GNR (apart from Don't Damn Me a few days ago) in something like 4 months

-I defended Team Brazil as managers into 2013

-I defended Rio (2011) at first

-I think Oh My God is better than Welcome to the Jungle

Post yours, judge eachother, flame eachother and get this thread locked. Go.

Edited by bacardimayne

- I think Axl is given too much credit for the songwriting in the classic songs

- I think the sound effects on the UYI albums are cheesy and ruined some of the songs, hence I prefer AFD

- I will never understand the Chris pitman love on the forums

- I wish the band would release some stripped down music

- Bumblefoot seems like too good of a guy to have to put up with current GNR's antics

-I've only listened to 3 songs from TSI

-I haven't listened to AFD in years

-I think AFD is the most overrated album of all time bar none

-I've only listened to one Velvet Revolver song

-I've only listened to one Slash song

-I find Duff annoying and cringeworthy

-I think BITW > every song from AFD, Lies and the UYI's except for a handful

• Like 1

I like Shotgun blues and Scraped too, lol

I used to hate Scott Weiland and his faggy looks

I hate the 1992 Axl in shorts look, makes him so ridicolous as a performer at that time

I used to think that bad obsession is recorded with Steven on the UYI's, lol

Deep down inside i know that Axl is artistically dead and is too old for a great came back

I think Slash in his heydays got a too big face as a guitarist compared to his skills

I strongly think that broski is not a GNR fan by any means (sorry broski)

I strongly think that volcano62, metaforcesaber, Damn_Smooth are the biggest cupcakes in mygnr's istory (although all of them capable good GNR related conversations)

Edited by Crash Diet

At a few times within the last few years I went upto a month without listening to GNR

I don't think Myles Kennedy's is a particular good singer and am a bit tired with him and Slash working together

I enjoyed a couple of songs from Bridge School (Bring Me Down, Rocking free world)

I think Blood in the water remix isn't great and DJ's better is the worst version of Better so far

-While I'm a fan of old GnR and sorta like CD, I cannot believe all we can do now is talk about:

1. Feuds we have nothing to do with.

2. Albums that came out 5 or 22 years ago.

3. Things that could've happened or should or shouldn't have happened.

4. What Axl does or doesn't do in his private life.

5. Axl's surrogate family. People we don't know, let alone have anything to do with, whose motivations for doing or not doing stuff are unknown to 99.9% of GnR's fanbase.

6. Towels, sauces.

7. whether Ashba copies Slash or viceversa.

8. How evil Slash is.

9. Reunion now.

I mean… jeez… you'd think a band such as fucking GUNS N' ROSES, once hailed as the most dangerous band in the world, which ruled the music industry at some point… would give us more (entertaining) stuff to talk about.

I usually come here for the lulz. But in my mind, I just want new music or a reunion.

I couldn't care less about towels, sauces, Erin selling old love letters, which is a bitch move imho, what BBF or Ashba are up to while the band does nothing, if Axl drinks or not, if Axl is in shape or not.

That's the sort of stuff you talk about once boredom sets in.

Whose to blame? I don't know.

I'm just a fan. I want music. Period.

My (unrequested) 2 cents.

EDIT:

I'm also a Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden fan. But I'm much more emotionally involved in GnR than in any of those bands, because GnR was the first band I ever listened to or became a true fan of.

I wish GnR, whether in its current incarnation or the classic lineup, would give us 1% of what Metallica give their fans.

Being a GnR fan is like… I don't know… can't find the words. But as much as I like the songs that were released 22 or 5 years ago, there are only so many times I can listen to SCOM or NR or YCBM or (enter random GnR song), before I'm like (yawn).

One thing's for sure, though, we are one faithful and extremely patient (stupid?) fanbase.

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 2

I thought opening line of YCBM was " I'll go Africa"

Later on in the song g, " ... another reason to cry" sounded something like " and america cry!!" I figured they prolly cry because Axl goes to Africa. Pretty deep when you think about it. :wow:

I was like 9 years old and didn't really know English yet. Iirc those were the only parts in the song I had figured out.

Edited by LTD
  • Like 1

-I still have no fucking clue what the phone message in KOHD is supposed to mean. :shrugs:

- I think Don't Cry Alt Lyrics blows the original version out of the fucking water.

- My English improved considerably after memorizing GnR lyrics and lookin' up 75% of the words.

-I still think it's 1991 and that UYI just came out.

-I cannot believe it's no longer 1991 and that that was such a fucking long time ago.

-I still get goosebumps when I watch the NR video and Slash plays the final solo while standing on Axl's piano.

• Like 4

1. I haven't listened to Guns N' Roses in over a year and a half.

2. I am embarrassed to admit I was/am a Guns N' Roses fan.

3. With that said, I would still listen to a new album.

4. I think Axl is a bigger insufferable fuck than I am.

5. I think Izzy is a better singer and songwriter than Axl could ever be.

6. Axl should just hand over the band name to his employees because they are more talented than he is.

i think appetite for destruction is a pretty bad album when played low

i like axl more than slash

i think axl ruined his career with trying to go experimetnal too early

i think izzy came out of this crap the best

i started listening to guns n roses because of the rant johnny rotten had and that clip of the nanananananana from wlecome to the jungle was funny

i like it when axl fucks around with everybody and shows that he hasnt changed

i hate the fact that axl got fat it ruined his performance

i think dj ashba is an emo pretentious bastard, i think his guitar playing is pretty mediocre and his impersonations of slash makes me cringe

i get turned on by the orgasms in rocket queen (im a straight girl)

i hate chinese democracy i think it ruined axl and i would rather a 20 year wait with for a fucking colabortation with atleast 3 members of the band

second to wanting a reunion i want buckethead back

Edited by acidcock27

1) Broskirose is an idiot.

2) I'm surprised more people don't discuss the "Complicity" part of the Locomotive title.

3) I think Ron's slide on the verses of Chinese Democracy ruin the bassline and thus the entire song.

4) I think GN'R circa 1994 is the most interesting drama that I'll ever experience music or otherwise.

5) Believe In Me and 5 O'Clock were my next GN'R records.

6) I'm surprised no one's ever mentioned that the song Yesterdays technically should have an apostrophe in it if you think about it. Axl is talking about "yesterday" in general and it "has" got nothing for him (never mind the English) In any case yesterday + has = Yesterday's

7) I'm also surprised that no one ever talks about the planned January 1997 tour of South America as mentioned by Matt Sorum.

8) I thought Matt Sorum was well fashioned on the UYI Tour. Dizzy had the same lame wannabe biker outfit for every show. Terrible.

9) During the 2002 tour, I wondered if those were the same people making fun of me in 1995. Where were they then?

10) Axl never looked better than the 2001 NBA Finals interview. Exactly like he looked in the chair in the WTTJ video.

11) Slash never looked better and more original than 2003-2005. With his present global marketing machine, that stupid fucking hat and glasses has become more associated with him than makeup and fake blood has become to Gene Simmons. It's become a fucking costume and it's really really sad. It was cool every now and then as a bit of nostaligia, but it's a permanant fixture for his brand and it's so tired and boring now. Be yourself.

12) Back to point #11, Slash during the Behind The Music (without the hat, glasses and smokes), was the interesting, candid guy I always wanted him to be. (not a fucking dressed up cliche dropping character). The difference in him in BTM and everything else is is so apparent, don't you agree? For one moment in time, he dropped the act and was forthright and personable.

13) I wish to God that I could be as humble as Gilby Clarke. During the Behind The Music and every other chance he's had, he simply admits to his role in the band and never came across as entitled, in a strong position of direction or having much of a say or being any type to brag about his stature. That said, his humility is to truly be admired because it's so so so honest and truly sincere (watch the BTM again and tell me that isn't a SOLID, HONEST, SINCERE AND GENUINE GOOD DUDE). I'd be telling anyone within earshot that I was in the greatest band of all time, but Gilby is better than I am (and has BY FAR the hottest wife of anyone associated.)

14) I'm surprised that no one has ever mentioned that the Chinese Democracy title is unreadable on the spine of the cd without the fucking Hubble telescope. If you organize your cds book style, look at all of your cds and tell me which one is hardest to find if you didn't already know where it was. Was that on purpose?

15) I think (but not sure) that Mike Clink deserves more credit.

16) When I was first given UYI 2 on cassette, I thought that So Fine and Estranged were one song (as with the short silent break in Patience).

17) I always hear the intro to Pretty Tied Up at the end of Aerosmith's "Amazing" when a radio dial is being turned. Listen for yourself!

18) The opening G chord of the studio take of Paradise City (the tone, reverb, the sustain, the images of blue sky, the ambience, etc....) is the sweetest sound in the history of music. That chord has been played 500 trillion times in history, but that particular capture of sound automatically puts me in the best mood.

Edited by Yesterdaze
  • Like 3

1. I haven't listened to old GBR albums in over 6 years.

2. I think Estranged is a pure kitsch. (Same as TIL)

3. 2001 lineup was the best in GNR history.

4. Robin is better musician than Slash.

5. Ron's solo ruins CITR.

Edited by loko

I wonder quite a lot if Axl should have toured and recorded as himself, playing smaller venues but getting $ from still having the band name. Thinking of Baz, Mike Monroe and so on, public reaction would've been more pleasantly curious and maybe 99% of the problems Guns have these days simply wouldn't exist.

And I'm hoarding Cuban Skies. I think. Edit: 1am joke.

Edited by Faxl Rows

I wonder quite a lot if Axl should have toured and recorded as himself, playing smaller venues but getting $ from still having the band name. Thinking of Baz, Mike Monroe and so on, public reaction would've been more pleasantly curious and maybe 99% of the problems Guns have these days simply wouldn't exist.

And I'm hoarding Cuban Skies. I think.

Portuguese by any chance?

- Chinese Democracy is my favourite GN'R album
- SCOM is overrated
- I don't like Steven Adler
- I like Catcher solo
- I like Live Era, especially Axl's re-recorded vocals
- Ashba's TIL solo sucks
- Look At Your Game, Girl is great
- I prefer Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Robin than Slash
- UYI lineup >>> Classic lineup
- 2002 lineup >>> 2006 lineup >>> UYI lineup