GNR Confessions

bacardimayne

I'm getting the feeling cumming in gym, i'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right?

• Like 1

I hate the album version(s) of Don't Cry. They sound like absolute shit. Even worse than Prostitute in terms of good songs ruined by awful production.

I genuinely prefer the 2012 live version of Don't Cry to both studio versions.

Edited by bacardimayne

Chinese democracy was the first gnr album I ever bought and the first record by guns I listened to in its entirety. I used to think GNR was kinda gay because the only songs I knew by them were November Rain and SCOM. I didn't know about brownstone, nightrain, paradise city until 2008... Shit you not

I feel sorry for all of you that didnt get to see GNR back in the days of 87-93. Anyone around at that time will remember the explosion that GNR was and just how big they really truelly were. No Youtube video can catch the attitude of the generation effectively.

I feel sorry for all of us because this incarnation of GNR is no where near the vibe the classic band had

and i'm pissed off at every member of original GNR because they couldnt get their shit together and deliver us more great music.

I feel sorry as in Aww they are just fucking ignorant - for those people that cant tell the difference from real GNR and fake GNR . What a shame that they think anything Axlhas done from 2001 is even close to the real deal. I think his reach exeeded his grasp on CD and that it was delivered 10 years to late,

I think the current band is talented and has the ability to do something great if they could find the right singer to help them do it.

I wish the new band had an actual personality like the classic band had and didnt come off as scabs/replacements and hired guns just doing a job.

I wish they wouldnt keep bullshitting us and tell it to us straight what really is going on in Camp GNR

I think that BH and Fink wasted thier time and talent by signing on to GNR and evidence of that is CD as their only contribution to the GNR legacy.

No matter how many times I listen to CD and disect it ...I think its an Axl Rose solo album and that it tarnishes the GNR brand.

I think it has its merits and its moments but it fails on so many fronts that I never listen to it .

I want to punch people who get all emo over TIL in the head

I want to kick people in the teeth who think SilkWorms should be a studio song on the next album

I really want to kick Axl in the nuts for Rhiad

Im content to let GNR go the way of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Beatles and dozens of other great iconic bands and call it a day and chalk it up to history.

Once upon a time I thought Axl was God but I despise him for the petty Slash is cancer comment and his obvious spiral into mediocrity and timidity . I expected more out of Axl and actually thought he might actually have it in him to soldier on without the classic line up.

I dont want to admit that Axl is done. I guess we really notice the contributions the old band had to all things GNR now that they arent around. 20 years of writers block is aparent to us now.

As much as I hated the new image of GNR in 2001 I was prepared to give them a chance to reclaim the throne...but Philidelphia and the continued wait for CD just daggered me in the back.

I dont know why I still care but I do. I miss the old GNR and life just would seem boring not having the music in the background to remind me of some of the worst days and best days of my life.

- I don't care about the name arguments regarding if Axl should have the right to use the GNR name. Because all I need to do is hear the current band to know that what you call a band is irrelevent if it is different people and a totally different musical collective. Not saying the current band is bad (actually I quite like them), but it ain't the same guys who really were out of this world amazing.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Move To The City is one of my favorite GNR songs

I like One in a Million

Can't stand that they took out Slash's solo from the end part of 14 Years

I hate Shackler's Revenge and Scraped

I think the album version of There Was a Time sucks compared to the demos we got in 2006.

I prefer There Was a Time from 2006, Short Version

I never liked Checkmate/Jackie Chan from the clip we got, Axl's voice doesn't sound too raspy

I absolutely love Welcome To The Jungle, It's so easy and Mr. Brownstone, and they're my favorite songs from GNR

It still gives me goosebumps to see the Old Band Live on videos

I now completely back Axl's version of the break up, as Slash and Duff make no sense

I prefer the leak versions of almost every track of Chinese Democracy, except Catcher in the Rye, If The World and Riad

I absolutely hate Bucket's solo on Riad, and think that if that was the final version, it would ruin the song

I absolutely love Bumblefoot's solo on Catcher In The Rye

I think Bumblefoot and Ashba are the coolest guys in the band

I think Tommy does great solo albums, but he shouldn't be in GNR

i think Frank is a very weak drummer

I love Richard Fortus and think he's the best guitar player in GNR

Of all the band members that left GNR i wish IZZY would be the one to return. And it's the member i miss the most

I can't stand Duff's solo projects, including Loaded

I love Izzy's solo albums, but they lack of AXL...

Oh My God is the best song ever written by AXL after the break up

I don't understand how there's two confirmed unheard songs out there for such a long time "Oh My God alt" and Silkworms, and they haven't leak yet

I can't wait to hear more new material whether it sucks or not

I'm very curious to hear The General

I still have hopes of a second album

2006 Hammerstein shows were the best shows of my life, and i feel blessed to have been in all of them in NY.

I hate how hoarders feel that they need to protect the band

I would love to read an Axl's autobiography

No matter what bands i listen to, i always miss that Scratchy, raspy, dirty Axl voice in them

Appetite album is the best album ever made

There's something very special about the album Use Your Illusion 1 that i can't explain

I wish they just released more music...this band has a lot of potential

I hate the idea that GNR should go itunes all over or independent. I think they just need a good record label who actually supports this new band, if they need to change, that's what they should do after the contract runs out

Edited by AndreCC

I used to be a Slash hater

I was really expecting a new album by 2010

I tried to enjoy watching RIR 2011 but it was cringeworthy and I had invited friends who were casual fans to watch it with me, now they kinda hate/make fun of Axl

I really like RIR3 even with fat Axl with his helium voice.

I barely listen to GNR anymore

I've never listened to Snakepits second album and Slash's first solo album

I think Izzy is overated, his solo career is mediocre.

I think CD is overated

I think AFD is underated

I think any person who takes Axl's side (fans, team brazil, the hired band, del james) is a little insane, but were good people once (beta seemed nice at rir3 and now is a total bitch)

I think Slash is far from the media-whore some people call him, he's just a famous musician

Over the years I have lost total respect for the classic line-up and can't believe I was a fan of those junkies. I have grown up since then.

I have not listened to a GNR album (besides CD which I listen to regularly) in about 10 years.

Myles trying to sing GNR songs or any slash "songs" gives me a kink in my neck.

I believe Pawnshop Guitars is better than any other solo material from past or present gunner. It's even better than TSI.

I love slash's work on Pawnshop Guitars

- I think GN'R should have released Cornshucker.

- The Spaghetti Incident is an awesome GN'R album.

- The slow demo of Welcome to the Jungle is as good as the AFD one.

- I used to hate You Could Be Mine with a passion.

- I used to think So Fine was a good song. Oh boy...

- I think the Don't Cry demo is a way, way better song than the UYI ones.

- Knockin' On Heaven's Door has always and will always suck.

- I think the Estranged video is really awesome. I always picture it in my head when Ilisten to the song.

- On the contrary, I think the November Rain video (except the live parts) is an overblown pretentious piece of crap.

- I've always wanted Axl Rose to stop acting like a pussy and get on a fight with Vince Neil. Hell, Sammy Hagar and Eddie Van Halen apparently proposed to pay for the fight to take place at MSG live on TV. Now that would've been funny to watch : Skinny ginger vs. Fat Blondie.

125939axl.jpg

- I followed DJ from Sixx A.M. to this GNR board... hence, I've found more about Slash

- In my ears ChiDem is perfect next to Heroin Diaries.

- I enjoyed the Shackler's Revenge during police chase.

- More members here don't like few ChiDem tracks I like i.e Scrapped, SR, etc.

- My alarm clock starts after 35 seconds of Riad.

-GNR has been my favorite band since around '87, but I didn't get into post-breakup GNR til around 2005. Before that, I used to check forums from time to time to laugh at retards who thought any facet of the new lineups were better than the classic or UYI lineups. I was wrong, but still can't grasp how anyone could be a GNR fan and NOT love those lineups.

-I firmly believe I could talk sense into Axl, though not as strongly as I did in 06-08.

- I think that nothing GNR has done or will do since Slash and co. left will ever touch AFD through the Illusions. Not that I don't dig CD but it isn't even close. IMO their highest plateau was reached long ago and hasn't been anywhere close since.

- I think that while the 2002 lineup was unique and had potential, I never really was fully into the live entity they were save for a few shows like RIR and Boston 2002. They were an interesting creative group though

- I think that CD is decent but could have been much better. There is way too much overproduction going on and at times it lessens the impact of the melodies of the tunes. CITR is the most glaring example

In early 2011 I was strongly considering saving money and going to Rock in Rio. Thank fuck that didn't happen.

Same here. I was thinking Metallica, Slipknot, SOAD, GNR... How could it not be worth it?!

It would have cost me more than when I finally did go to RIR this year. And I probably would have cried if I spent all that money to see that show.

This one is pretty ugly.

I purchased early entry VIP tickets to the Roseland Ballroom gig last year

I purchased the VIP package for the Atlantic City gig and don't regret it at all. It's was the best Gn'R show I've been to.

Definitely the best I've been to since 2010. Still pissed at myself for deleting Estranged off my phone... What time did you get there? I remember bumping into you almost straight after I got off the bus from NY, right after coincidentally bumping into Frank as he was checking in.

I then went and lied down in front of the venue doors at about 4pm all alone, until doors opened. One girl saw me and gave me $20 to save a place for her in the queue. That was all spent on much-needed food at 3:20am once the show had finished (it had been about 20 hours since I last ate and I was exhausted/starving by the end of that gig, I remember thinking during Whole Lotta Rosie that all I could think about was food).

-since rio 2011 i dont give a shit about the current band any more musically.

-The only reason I follow the current lineup is to see what way that can completely fuck themselves up next

- Axl is fat

With "fans' like you who needs detractors? :lol:

If he enjoys the music he is a real fan, no quotation marks needed. "Detractors" are a thing that only exist in Axl and his lunatic fans' heads.

-since rio 2011 i dont give a shit about the current band any more musically.

-The only reason I follow the current lineup is to see what way that can completely fuck themselves up next

- Axl is fat

With "fans' like you who needs detractors? :lol:

If he enjoys the music he is a real fan, no quotation marks needed. "Detractors" are a thing that only exist in Axl and his lunatic fans' heads.

Everything ok?