GNR Confessions

bacardimayne

-since rio 2011 i dont give a shit about the current band any more musically.

-The only reason I follow the current lineup is to see what way that can completely fuck themselves up next

- Axl is fat

You realize that was one show, right? They've done much better since then. Cut him some slack.

As for calling Axl "fat": What a "fan"....no wonder Axl won't come on myGNR.

-The only reason I follow the current lineup is to see what way that can completely fuck themselves up next

- Axl is fat

You realize that was one show, right? They've done much better since then. Cut him some slack.

Funny, he won't come to HTGTH either. I wonder why.

- Axl is fat

Spend a lot of time at HTGTH when you were banned? ;)

- Axl is fat

I didn't. Did you?

Because the "fans" would berate him over stupid stuff such as one show that wasn't perfect or that he doesn't look like he did 22 years ago.

Or maybe ask questions about new music, new album, like we tried once with TB.

- Axl is fat

I didn't. Did you?

I visit a couple of times a week.

Thanks for asking.

- Axl is fat

I didn't. Did you?

I visit a couple of times a week.

Thanks for asking.

In one of your visits have you seen Axl posting over there? Cause people say the only reason Axl and the band won't post here is the negativity. I could be wrong but looks like there's no negativity in HTGTH, so Axl and the guys must post there often, am I right?

- The only Guns N Roses album that has been in my car within the last year is Chinese Democracy which is the same burnt cd that I burnt in 2008 and has been in my car ever since. I can't recall the last time I listened to it and I've listened to it so few times I don't even know what the 2nd song is. In fact all I know is that CD and Prostitute bookend the album

- I never thought the song Get in the Ring was "cool". I like the music and melody but always from the very first listen hated the lyrics even as a kid in grade 8.

- I was embarrassed when I heard Oh My God and didn't want any of my friends to hear it because I had built up the "Return of Guns N Roses" too much and the song was a huge letdown

- I used to have 11 Guns N Roses posters on my wall in high school. 8 of them were of just Axl

- I waited in line in -20 degree celsius weather for 4.5 hours between 4:30am - 9:00am to get lineup tickets for GNR. Not concert tickets just the lineup tickets so I could go back a week later and lineup in order when the tickets went on sale.

- Richard Fortus is my favourite guitar player GnR has had since Slash left.

- I believe CD has potential and if Axl handed it over to Slash, Duff and Matt they would make it a masterpiece.

- The first girl I ever REALLY liked said yes when I asked her out while we were slow dancing to November Rain at a school dance. 22 years later we are still really good friends(not dating anymore haha)

- Of all the ex-members solo albums I think Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars is the best. I like Duff's solo/project albums better than Slash's as a whole to be honest. Slash has better one off songs though

- Axl voice sounds like garbage on CD. Sounds fake and processed. One step away from auto tune really.

- I always thought and still do think that Axl has a cool speaking voice.

- I genuinely do not care about this version of GnR anymore. If they put out an album cool if not cool. I hang around these sites more for the car crash aspect of it and it's become second nature to be here over the last 11 years.

-

- I waited in line in -20 degree celsius weather for 4.5 hours between 4:30am - 9:00am to get lineup tickets for GNR. Not concert tickets just the lineup tickets so I could go back a week later and lineup in order when the tickets went on sale.

wtf this is a thing?! I'd never even heard of lineup tickets until I read this. When was this?

Because the "fans" would berate him over stupid stuff such as one show that wasn't perfect or that he doesn't look like he did 22 years ago.

Yeah stupid stuff like no new music, zero communication with fans, cash grab tours spinning the same setlist night after night.....

Axl doesn't waste his time on the internet, he's out living the life of a rockstar.

kitten-troll-890x593.png

wtf this is a thing?! I'd never even heard of lineup tickets until I read this. When was this?

1993. they implemented it where I live to calm the crowds a bit. It was Posion's fault haha. When they came people lined up for tickets but got a little too enthusiastic and pushed forward on the doors until the glass broke and people fell in. With the lineup tickets you get a ticket with a number and come back the day they go on sale and everyone lines up in order. I had #11 or #9 for some reason I can't remember. Not sure if anywhere else ever had lineup tickets though. Pretty sure it's no longer an issue as the huge majority just get tickets online.

New music: We've been told it's coming

Zero communication: GNR and Axl have presence on social networking sites

Cashgrab tours: playing shows for fans is a cashgrab now? :jerkoff:

Same setlist: It's changed over the years.

i really like your belief and commitment man. keep it up

It's really amazing how some of you can blatantly ignore the points being made and just spew this rhetoric in response. You say it like you believe it.

It's really amazing how some of you can blatantly ignore the points being made and just spew this rhetoric in response. You say it like you believe it.
I addressed the points being made, and I do believe there will be new music and or a DVD soon

This one is pretty ugly.

I purchased early entry VIP tickets to the Roseland Ballroom gig last year

I purchased the VIP package for the Atlantic City gig and don't regret it at all. It's was the best Gn'R show I've been to.

Definitely the best I've been to since 2010. Still pissed at myself for deleting Estranged off my phone... What time did you get there? I remember bumping into you almost straight after I got off the bus from NY, right after coincidentally bumping into Frank as he was checking in.

I then went and lied down in front of the venue doors at about 4pm all alone, until doors opened. One girl saw me and gave me $20 to save a place for her in the queue. That was all spent on much-needed food at 3:20am once the show had finished (it had been about 20 hours since I last ate and I was exhausted/starving by the end of that gig, I remember thinking during Whole Lotta Rosie that all I could think about was food).

I can't really remember, but I think my friend and I got there maybe around 11am? But no one really knew what to do and the VIP thing was kind of a clusterfuck. We were eventually directed upstairs after getting our VIP laminates and whatnot. Regardless of how it all went down, it was still the best Gn'R show I've been to and I was front and center for it.

Brooklyn Bowl had the potential to be the best show I've been to based on experience alone, but with the showing being cut short and whatnot I'd probably rank it as the 3rd best Gn'R show I've seen, just being East Rutherford which was my first show overall.

- CD is in no way a bad album. Production and every now and then axls voice/singing style do get in the way of my enjoyment of the album, although that's a problem I have with almost every GnR albums!

- Spaghetti is their best effort. *ahem!* my favourite effort, there.

- I've always found axl rose sorta retarded and cringeworthy. It always hold me back from becoming a fan. As far as popular/sucessfull songwriters are concerned, I also find him a very shitty songwriter.

- Nu-guns is alright, Omeegod is alright, CD is alright like I said, though I couldn't care less for the slower numbers. And the original band is overrated, too glam/dinossaur-metal sounding, Axl should've got with Davo Navarro and the rest of Jane's Addiction when both bands broke up.

- I didn't dislike slash latest albums. It's nothing much and Myles is sleep-inducing at times, but I happily gave their albums a couple of spins, and will probably hear it again sometime.

- When I was young I preffered Nirvana, but yeah, when you get out of puberty they can be depressing so there you go, the biggest -only?- reason why I listen to Guns: got a nice, uplifting vibe to it (rock-and-roll!) despite all the stupid lyrics and bad production etc

- I used to like and defend Ashba and thought he was actually a very nice guy who couldn't believe he was in Guns N' Roses therefore behaved like that because he was naive.

- I defended RiR IV and spent a few months in denial about it all.

- I used to think Axl would announce a finished new album out of the blue to prevent rumours, leaks and disappointment after what happened with CD.

- CD is still my favorite album of all time, by any band ever. But I also love every other Guns N' Roses album except TSI?, which I just like.

- First couple of times I heard OMG I hated it. Now I love it.

- I used to think buckethead was just a soulless shreding machine before I started listening to his solo stuff. Now I think he was too good for what Guns N' Roses has become.

- My first celebrity crush was Duff. I was 7 years old.

- I still have a celebrity crush on Duff, even though he is technically old enough to be my father.

- I would probably sell a kidney to get my hands on Axl's kilt...but I'm Scottish so I get a pass.

- My favorite song of all time is still "Don't Cry", alt lyrics.

- I like Spaghetti Incident and I think the cover of "Hair of the Dog" was brilliant.

- I cannot, under any circumstances, listen to GNR on anything less than top volume. Ever. This presents a problem sometimes at work.

- Aforementioned vice comes in handy when I am sitting at a red light with some young kids are cranking rap music next to me.

- My mom is the reason I love GNR. She bought AFD when it first came out, before it became popular.

- I like Myles Kennedy singing his own songs but when he sings GNR, he irritates me.

- I love both Believe In Me and Pawnshop Guitars.

- I recorded and mixed a cover of "Starlight" for a voice class. My instructor looked like David Lee Roth and sounded like Brad Delp.

• Like 2

- Don't cry video is my favorite

- When I saw Axl for the first time I thought he was the most gorgeous man of the world

- The first album of GnR that l listened to was UYI I and it is my favorite!

- I think Coma have the most brilliant lyrics

- I find Locomotive kick ass!

- I started to like of rock n' roll because of GnR