Dizzy Reed and Richard Fortus comment on new GNR album

Guest NGOG

These articles were brought to my attention by M.SL:

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

Richard Fortus (commenting on GNR plans for 2014): Doing a new record. Working on new stuff now. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.

• Like 1

Most likely reading way too much into vague statements, but it sounds like they've ditched (most of) CDII/III, and it's "new stuff". The lack of comments from Bumble and all the talk from Ashba (and the remark from Bach just before Rio '11) make me think it's primarily an Axl/DJ album, which makes me sad.

It's so vague it's pretty much meaningless.

But then again, any hope of new music is better than no hope. We got some hope, right??

Have some faith guys Axl has never disappointed probs be out next year 2015 the latest from the sounds of it, thanks for fortus & dizzy :)

Never disappointed you say......

Who needs hope when you have delusion.

Actually can't tell if he means a new GNR record, or a solo record or a Dead Daisies record or which one is postponed. We're saying he's working on a new GNR record, he snubbed Daisies to go with GNR and hopefully a new record very soon.

Dizzy doesn't seem involved, but does sound like something is happening. If not I just feel bad for them.

These articles were brought to my attention by M.SL:

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

Richard Fortus (commenting on GNR plans for 2014): Doing a new record. Working on new stuff now. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.

More meaningless promises.

As long as it doesn't come from Axl it doesn't mean shit.

Interesting bit from a Nov '08 interview with Fortus:

How involved were you with the writing of Chinese Democracy?

The first record, everything was written. I went in and rerecorded parts, but it was all written before I got in. It’s funny because that was a big part of why I was brought in. It was because of the writing. I think Axl, he wants a band that can write with him. That’s always put into consideration.

So I guess the album was finished (musically) by 2002? Makes sense, as Bucket is on everything apart from Catcher, which had Brian May initially instead. Though we know lyrics for Shackler's weren't written until 2007, and I guess it was the same with Shackler's and Scraped.

Also thought this was pretty funny from another '09 interview (Google translated from German):

"I was just on a tour of Europe, when I got a new call management, as another new guitarist was sought.Tommy had recommended me for Axl. I had two days off and everything was really tight. I flew from London to Los Angeles, sprinted after landing directly to the audition with jet lag and then spent the whole night trying to talk to Axl. The very next day I got the plane back to Ireland, since there said this tour was continued. That was pretty damn crazy 48 hours. As I waited in Los Angeles on my flight, I chatted to a guy from the side and asked if I was Izzy Stradlin. Something like me no one had ever asked in my life that was so bizarre. And still to this day. I stammered no, I'm not, but I think I've just taken over his old job."