BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Didn't Buckethead leave due to frustration of nothing getting released? Just saying.

You can't blame the guy for being confused or frustrated.

If Axl asked me to join GnR and promised I'd get to contribute to new music/albums......but then we just toured for years and years and years without releasing new music...I'd be frustrated as well. Foot has put in how many years now? Does he throw that all away without ever putting out an album with the band? At some point I think you just give up and ride it out. You collect the paycheck, do the tours, all in hope that EVENTUALLY Axl will let you meaningfully contribute to a GnR album.

I don't think he is trying to manipulate anybody or is looking for sympathy. I think the guy is just as frustrated as the fans are by Axl/Team Brazil's lack of desire to release another album. I don't blame him.

Didn't Buckethead leave due to frustration of nothing getting released? Just saying.

but then we just toured for years and years and years without releasing new music.

Buckethead never finished a GNR tour. What's all these years you are talking about?

You are sort of missing the point.

GnR has been a revolving door of musicians. How many guitar players have they had? The common denominator is Axl. The other factor, since Axl decided to make a go of GnR with a new group is ONE album in that time frame.

Dude, seriously, just look at it without the pro-Axl slant. Look at it with logic and common sense. Take away your Axl blinders and surely you can see how it would be frustrating for a guitar player to be in a band that doesn't release music. Especially if the singer of the band is one of the greatest rock singers of all time. Be like being 16 years old and your parents buying you a Ferrari for your birthday, but then never letting you drive it. Sure, they let you sit in the front seat while your father drives it.....but they never hand you the keys. After a couple years wouldn't you get frustrated and say to them "what the hell guys. Aren't you ever going to give me the keys?" And your dad saying "Son, you have a nicer car than all your friends. I know it's been three years, but just show some more patience. Eventually I'll give you the car." At some point you just give up and go buy your own car.

Pretty much but it also depends who you ask. If you ask Axl, he'll act like he didn't even noticed he quit. If you ask tommy, he'll say that bucket thought it was the axl and bucket show and that gnr is a "band" and a "Democracy" and involves everyone equally. If you ask bucket, who knows i dont think he's ever commented.

Yes, but Buckethead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bumblefoot.

This

• 1 month later...

So with new tour dates coming its safe to assume Ron chose the paycheck?

Or he chose the love for you the fans and the band? Perhaps

The band would be fine. The fans- all the thousands of his fans would now get to hear new music from him and see him perform it live.

Cool! The guy who isn't Slash decided to tour with the band again.

Who we kidding, chief? Less than one hundred people on this planet would give a sweet fuck less if he were to bail. Less than 100.

On topic, it's pretty sad to see that Ron chose the paycheck once again over what would be his artistic integrity (if he had any). Oh well. Hopefully, we get at least one meltdown from him this tour.

Edited by Indigo ChiId
  • Like 3

"At some point I think you just give up and ride it out. "

Yeah but is it "riding it out" or going down with the ship at this point? What is riding it out with Axl going to entail?

Wouldn't it be best to cut and run very soon as opposed to waiting 5-10 years and seeing that there still

isn't an album on the horizon? I mean ffs BBF could surely find a way to balance his artistic and

financial needs if that's really what he's after, there are plenty of musicians and people that get by with a fraction of his

talent/ability.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ on a stick. Did you actually write that with a straight face? :lol:

• Like 1

Or maybe, just maybe, none of the 10 or so dates that Guns is playing conflict with Ron's schedule. Just a thought. :shrugs:

I think this is the obvious reason.... he said that if he had to choose between one thing or the other that he would choose his life! That situation hasn't happened yet but if it does happen he will quit guns n roses

Oops, just saw the "2/3 new songs" thing. But yeah, that's a pretty vague statement. Hopefully it actually means brand-spanking new music.

Which it does sorta fit in with what BBF said in that one interview around a year ago about not wanting an album but wanting the band to start with a single track:

"Personally, I don’t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let’s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there."

Granted, this doesn't necessarily mean the songs get released in an official capacity, but at least it's something. I wouldn't be against an EP format release like the Pixies are doing right now. For their comeback they've been releasing 4 song EPs every 3-4 months. It would seemingly alleviate some of the pressure of needing to deliver some sort of larger than life record. Personally, I like the EP method of doing things as well, it's definitely interesting, sorta like having a subscription to the band. Plus if the EP was received well it could lead to a full length album.

Cool! The guy who isn't Slash decided to tour with the band again.

Who we kidding, chief? Less than one hundred people on this planet would give a sweet fuck less if he were to bail. Less than 100.

On topic, it's pretty sad to see that Ron chose the paycheck once again over what would be his artistic integrity (if he had any). Oh well. Hopefully, we get at least one meltdown from him this tour.

You know not what you are talking about brah! Ron is a pretty popular member of GnR look at his facebook likes and messages from fans... he's doing pretty well. Also, not sure if you're looking for a cheap laugh but looking for a "meltdown" is pretty out there, he's still just a regular guy like the rest of us so hoping that he has some sort of breakdown is just messed up. Sorry ya need to grow up! also, he stated he was happy to stay with them if they didn't book over his existing dates - staying with the band doesn't mean he has no integrity, it means that he enjoys playing with the band, he enjoys the people surrounding him and the band, he likes to have a steady income (but he could have that from teaching and producing as well so it's not his only option).

Slight over-reaction my friend :)

• Like 1