Iron Maiden - Maiden England European Tour 2014

Powerage5

I know there's a number of Maiden fans on here, so thought I'd start a thread for next year's tour ;)

Press release:

IRON MAIDEN will return to Europe in Summer 2014 starting in late May with a short run of major festivals and a few select arena shows to round off their Maiden England World Tour which ends with a headline performance at the UK Sonisphere Festival in July as part of the 40th Anniversary celebrations at Knebworth Park. By the end of the tour the band will have played 102 shows in 32 countries to well over two million fans since starting in the USA in June 2012.

For details on tickets and to read the full Sonisphere press release click here.

The 2014 Tour will include dates in countries not visited during the 2013 leg and will be a much shorter run than is usual for a Maiden tour. Manager Rod Smallwood explains,

The Maiden England 2013 Tour was incredibly well received everywhere and there is much demand from fans to see more and for the band to visit some places in Europe we couldnt make it to this year so we thought we should play a few more shows. However this will be a relatively short tour in Maiden terms, starting towards the end of May and finishing at Sonisphere, Knebworth in early July. During 2014 we have something new we need to start thinking about, and on which we will be wholly and firmly focused going into 2015 and beyond!

As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the 80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the 80s period covered by those three DVDs Early Days, Live After Death and of course Maiden England, along with one notable exception from the 90s, the fans will know which song Im talking about!

So for now, take care and look after yourselves and well see you all next summer

More information on the upcoming dates will follow shortly so keep checking here for the latest information.

Tour poster:
poster_title.jpg

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2014 EUROPEAN DATES:
31/05 - Fortarock Festival - Nijmegan, The Netherlands
01/06 - Rock In Idro Festival - Bologna, Italy
03/06 - Arena - Budapest, Hungary
05/06 - Rock Am Ring - Nurburg, Germany
08/06 - Velodromo - Brno, Czech Republic
09/06 - Rock Im Park - Nuremburg, Germany
11/06 - Copenhell - Copenhagen, Denmark
12/06-14/06 - Greenfield Festival - Interlaken, Swizterland (Exact date TBC)
13/06-15/06 - Nova Rock Festival - Nickelsdorf, Austria (Exact date TBC)
16/06 - Arena Armeec - Sofia, Bulgaria

17/06 - Kalemegdan Park - Belgrade, Serbia
20/06 - Hellfest - Clisson, France

24/06 - Inea Stadium - Poznan, Poland
26/06 - Bråvalla Festival - Norrköping, Sweden

28/06 - Bergenhus Festning - Bergen, Norway
01/07 - Rockhal - Luxembourg
03/07 - Main Square Festival - Arras, France
05/07 - Sonisphere - Knebworth, England

More dates TBA

Thing is with Maiden, where is the grease? They are a good live act mind but where is the grease? I like my bands greasier than a chip wrapper.

What do you mean? I'm not quite following you :lol:

What's the '90s song he's referring to, Powerage?

Fear Of The Dark, unfortunately.

So where haven't they played yet in Europe on this tour? Norway, Denmark, Austria (apart from a festival), Serbia, Hungary, Slovenia? I was going to say Scotland but they said Sonisphere would be only UK date (then again they said that about Download last year...).

So where haven't they played yet in Europe on this tour? Norway, Denmark, Austria (apart from a festival), Serbia, Hungary, Slovenia? I was going to say Scotland but they said Sonisphere would be only UK date (then again they said that about Download last year...).

Austria had a gig last year. The press releases says 102 gigs by the end of the tour and 32 countries - to date there's been 80 gigs in 26 countries. That means 22 gigs next year, and 6 new countries (for this tour). The consensus on the FC on those 6 countries seems to be:

Norway - has almost never been skipped (Bergen is most likely as the promoter in Oslo didn't want to do Maiden this year)

Denmark - Copenhell or Roskilde are likely choices

Bulgaria - Likely to be an arena gig

Serbia - no gig since 2009

Ireland - no gig since 2010

Hungary - almost always represented in recent years

The only European countries they've played before that aren't one of the above 6 or have already had a gig this tour are Greece (Apparently the big promoter has no plans to bring major acts in for the indefinite future), Slovenia, Iceland, Estonia, and Malta. Iceland is illogical for such a short leg since they'd tie up a few days just to get the gear there and back to mainland Europe. Estonia and Malta have each only had one gig, and neither since at least 2000. Slovenia is a wild card, it very well may happen. And of course there's always the possibility they'll play somewhere new.

Slovenia had a show in June 2007, so it isn't unprecedented.

Was thinking for Serbia... They could play EXIT Festival, no headliners have been announced yet. I feel bad for GNR: first time I went to EXIT was 2011, and there were 210,000 people. 2012, I was psyched that GNR were playing, a dream come true... and attendance dropped to 130,000. 2013, biggest headliners were Atoms for Peace, Nick Cave and Chic... and attendance was greatest ever. Really shows lack of interest for nuGNR. I'm sure Iron Maiden would break the 2013 attendance record, and while it is more of a dance festival it wouldn't be unprecedented to have them since GNR were there in 2012.

EXIT is an amazing festival, had the time of my life there, especially in 2011. I would be seriously tempted if Maiden was to be announced. There's a countdown on the official EXIT site for 1 day and 11 hours, guess we'll know soon. Still undecided on Knebworth, 210 quid is a lot of money for just 2 bands that I could see for less, and that I've seen so recently. If there's a 3rd killer headliner, I'll go. In 2012 they were gonna have KISS and Queen + Adam Lambert, if either of those guys come back I'll get a ticket. I bet the Sonisphere announcement has seen a lot of old-school metal fans choose to spend their money over there rather than on Download this year.

I'll be in Europe around the time this starts. Could be an excuse to get a little traveling in at the end of the semester.

Do it. Seriously, it's a totally different experience than in the States. You'll have a great time.

If they announce they're playing EXIT I'll organise a MyGNR Maiden England EXIT thingy. I <3 Serbia.

I'd like to get to Serbia someday - everyone I know who's been there really enjoyed it.

I'll be in Europe around the time this starts. Could be an excuse to get a little traveling in at the end of the semester.

Do it. Seriously, it's a totally different experience than in the States. You'll have a great time.

If there's someone I trust on this type of thing, it's you :lol:

On top of that, I haven't seen Maiden since the Somewhere Back In Time tour.

What gig did you see in '08, Boston? That was a great one...one of my favorites I've ever been to :)

Where you gonna be in Europe?

What gig did you see in '08, Boston? That was a great one...one of my favorites I've ever been to :)

Correct - Boston 08. One hell of a show. I still listen to the bootleg every now and again.

I'm studying at the University of Edinburgh for the spring semester so I was a little bummed to see you say there probably won't be any more UK dates, but I suppose it's more reason to go out and about for one of these gigs. I'm just excited in general to be over there B-)

Correct - Boston 08. One hell of a show. I still listen to the bootleg every now and again.

I'm studying at the University of Edinburgh for the spring semester so I was a little bummed to see you say there probably won't be any more UK dates, but I suppose it's more reason to go out and about for one of these gigs. I'm just excited in general to be over there B-)

Cool - never been to Scotland but I really wanna get there someday. And it's relatively cheap to get most places in Europe once you're already over there.

And Sonisphere is definitely the only UK date, they have one of those exclusivity contracts for their acts.

Well, the EXIT countdown was just for the dates, 10th-13th July, which means they won't get Maiden as it's after Sonisphere. I suppose there's still a chance they'll do Serbia in June at some point.

Looked at Hellfest lineup, holy shit! Maiden, A7X, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Soundgarden! Never seen any of the last 3, been meaning to for a while. Would be cool to cross off Megadeth, too. Slayer were the low point of Rock in Rio for me, incredibly boring. Cosmonaut raved about Rob Zombie, I like a few White/Rob Zombie tracks, added bonus. Hellfest is looking much more appealing than Sonisphere right now (and it's cheaper, too), though I'll wait and see who the 3rd headliner is gonna be at Knebworth.