Iron Maiden - Maiden England European Tour 2014

Powerage5

Well, the EXIT countdown was just for the dates, 10th-13th July, which means they won't get Maiden as it's after Sonisphere. I suppose there's still a chance they'll do Serbia in June at some point.

Looked at Hellfest lineup, holy shit! Maiden, A7X, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Soundgarden! Never seen any of the last 3, been meaning to for a while. Would be cool to cross off Megadeth, too. Slayer were the low point of Rock in Rio for me, incredibly boring. Cosmonaut raved about Rob Zombie, I like a few White/Rob Zombie tracks, added bonus. Hellfest is looking much more appealing than Sonisphere right now (and it's cheaper, too), though I'll wait and see who the 3rd headliner is gonna be at Knebworth.

Megadeth are incredibly boring live IMO, but I'm in the minority with that opinion. Slayer was much better with Lombardo and Hannemen. Rob Zombie is incredible live - one of the best showmen in the business right now. Even if you don't like his music, he is an absolute must-see.

I'd be doing Hellfest if it were a weekend later. But seeing the last gig of the tour is the most important thing to me, and I can't swing 2 and a half weeks once I throw my travel dates in <_<

Come on Wembley...

Won't happen - Sonisphere marks their bands sign exclusivity deals that they won't play any other gigs in the country for that calendar year. It won't be a case like Download last year where it gets to be the day of the gig and they announce something else.

Come on Wembley...

Won't happen - Sonisphere marks their bands sign exclusivity deals that they won't play any other gigs in the country for that calendar year. It won't be a case like Download last year where it gets to be the day of the gig and they announce something else.

That is such bullshit :(

Do it man!

This. Seriously, do it. You won't be disappointed :shades:

Indeed! I saw them on one of their weaker tours (A Matter of Life and Death) and they were still amazing!

Wow, you consider AMOLAD one of their weaker tours? It was one of my favorites - seeing them do the entire album was really amazing I thought!

Do it man!

Indeed! I saw them on one of their weaker tours (A Matter of Life and Death) and they were still amazing!

Wow, you consider AMOLAD one of their weaker tours? It was one of my favorites - seeing them do the entire album was really amazing I thought!

I personally don't but the majority of feedback I heard from other Maiden fans was disappointment that they played the entire album from front to back, in particular not many people knew all of the songs and the gig lacked energy until they hit the more well known material. I love the album though, all of their work post 2001 is excellent and I loved the gig but I was just generalizing from the opinions of other Maiden fans I knew that saw them on that tour and they all tended to disagree with me who was the only one who thought it was great :lol:

Edit: Powerage, as someone who obviously has lots of experience seeing them, which tour would you say has been the weakest you have seen them on?

Edited by Tater Totts

P5 - what's your favourite Maiden concert you've ever attended? Also, what's the best (in your opinion) Maiden concert that is on YouTube?

Thats a loaded question :lol: For me, there's a lot of factors that go into a gig. Obviously performance/energy is a huge one. The crowd vibe is another factor for me. Also, I enjoy a gig a lot more when I'm hanging out with a lot of good friends. In terms of performance, the second London show this year, Tampa 2011, or MSG 2010 would get my vote. For crowd experience, gotta go with Stockholm or Helsinki this year. Bucharest this year was a pretty special one for some other reasons (All access passes, met Bruce, venue, etc).

As for best gig that's on YouTube, I'm not sure what's up there in full really. I know the St. Petersburg gig from this year is, I'm sure it's not the best but it was a great gig.

Do it man!

I personally don't but the majority of feedback I heard from other Maiden fans was disappointment that they played the entire album from front to back, in particular not many people knew all of the songs and the gig lacked energy until they hit the more well known material. I love the album though, all of their work post 2001 is excellent and I loved the gig but I was just generalizing from the opinions of other Maiden fans I knew that saw them on that tour and they all tended to disagree with me who was the only one who thought it was great :lol:

Edit: Powerage, as someone who obviously has lots of experience seeing them, which tour would you say has been the weakest you have seen them on?

So the tours I've seen them in are:

2005 - Early Days (All songs from the first 4 albums) - 1 gig

2006 - A Matter Of Life And Death (Whole album + a few classics) - 1 gig

2008 - Somewhere Back In Time (Powerslave-heavy 80s set) - 2 gigs

2010 - The Final Frontier leg 1 (Predominantly post-2000 + a few classics) - 7 gigs

2011 - The Final Frontier leg 2 (5 new songs + post-2000 and classics) - 6 gigs

2012-2013 - Maiden England (Seventh Son-heavy 80s set) - 26 gigs

Maiden England was definite my favorite, no contest. The 2010 setlist was incredible, but the stage show was a bit lacking (Especially compared to the second leg in 2011). I guess by default I'd say the Early Days tour; I only saw an Ozzfest gig where they did a 55 min set opening for Sabbath. The setlist was only hits, while the half of the setlist they didn't do due to time had some VERY rare live tracks. The stage show for the full tour was nothing to write he about, and the Ozzfest production was even more stripped down. Had I seen a full gig on that tour, I think my answer would be different, but based only on what I've seen in person, that's my least favorite.

Come on Wembley...

Totts and I refuse to go on principle!

• Like 1

Come on Wembley...

Totts and I refuse to go on principle!

Trust me, I wish the tour wasn't ending with a festival either :lol:

P5 - what's your favourite Maiden concert you've ever attended? Also, what's the best (in your opinion) Maiden concert that is on YouTube?

Thats a loaded question :lol: For me, there's a lot of factors that go into a gig. Obviously performance/energy is a huge one. The crowd vibe is another factor for me. Also, I enjoy a gig a lot more when I'm hanging out with a lot of good friends. In terms of performance, the second London show this year, Tampa 2011, or MSG 2010 would get my vote. For crowd experience, gotta go with Stockholm or Helsinki this year. Bucharest this year was a pretty special one for some other reasons (All access passes, met Bruce, venue, etc).

As for best gig that's on YouTube, I'm not sure what's up there in full really. I know the St. Petersburg gig from this year is, I'm sure it's not the best but it was a great gig.

Cool. I'll check out that gig.