A separate private section for supporters only?

UK SUBS

I like the idea in principle - the main reason I support is because of Subs, HV and the other regulars who have contributed to making this such a great place over the years and the benefit of no flood control. Adding something to that would feel like an additional benefit - like I'm getting more for my money, but given that it's such a small amount in the scheme of things, it's largely irrelevant. I just wonder what a private section would contain, whom it would actually benefit, and how it would intrinsically differ from that which is currently available. Would it really go beyond what we have in the main sections of the forum?

It's not a bad idea - but it would perhaps be pertinent to explore the benefits of the benefit itself, as just because we could have one, it would be best to establish whether or not it's actually worthwhile and the purpose of it.

with only 78 or so supporters, something should be done to lure in some more support. you could always give this a shot and if it doesn't go the way you want, move on to something else. I still think mygnr swag should be available t-shirts and what not.

This. That T-Shirt design that ?Sabbath? posted was badass. I'd buy one for 20 bucks.

I think it's definitely worth a shot. If it draws some of these cheap sons of bitches to throw down 5 bucks, it was definitely worth it. I know I'll donate again if it's there. I'll donate again if it isn't, but you don't need to know that. Then those of us that prefer to be assclowns get our section back, even better than before. I can't see a downside. :shrugs:

This. +1. I'd become a supporter JUST to be able to post in the Attitude section again. The unmodded section could be fun as hell too. So that's 2 things so far that are enticing me to give some $$. I don't like the idea of Supporters First news...no. This forum grew because it was an easy place to check out GN'R news, why would you want to take that away? Plus, take into consideration the amount of users online at the average time. Supporters compared to registered users compared to guests just browsing. Why take that away from them? Just announce it to everyone at the same time. Being on the creative side and having our opinions mean shit? Sounds awesome. 3/4, will donate to MyGNRForum.

Edited by wfuckinga

I became a supporter because I couldn't stand those awful ad banners. So yeah, the ads are doing a great job. :lol:

I don't think I miss the Attitude section. Couldn't care less about the other perks but whatever you guys add is welcome.

One thing I would like to ask is a time frame to edit posts.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I totally agree! I was asking out loud here yesterday if being here in the presence of the "hate festivus" (Andre's term) here is

healthy or necessary for an active fan like myself.

The person here most actively trolling me the most has admitted to not being interested in anything Axl Rose has done for

years. I think that is shameful to cupcake the real fans that this site is for.

Excited by Subs' big ambitions.

Me, too! I would pay for forums I frequent and pay more if they were cupcake-free!

lol just because somebody critize or disagree with Axl or you it doesn't make them automatically a cupcake

and lol at people who pay forums just for the "cupcake free" idea

pro tipp: cupcakes can also donate/pay money just to insult/cupcake you

I totally agree! I was asking out loud here yesterday if being here in the presence of the "hate festivus" (Andre's term) here is

The person here most actively trolling me the most has admitted to not being interested in anything Axl Rose has done for

Me, too! I would pay for forums I frequent and pay more if they were cupcake-free!

lol just because somebody critize or disagree with Axl or you it doesn't make them automatically a cupcake

It's not trolling to tell somebody talking bollocks that they're talking bollocks! :lol:

If supporters only new Attitude were to be open, would you put all the old threads back in there, such as the Create an Ashba tweet thread, the Things that are more likely to be released before Nu Guns releases an album thread, Post an excuse as to why you were late for work Axl style thread (was a gem, too bad it never got saved), the original Cringeworthy Nu GNR merch thread, the When Ashba is playing a solo thread, the AFD is overrated thread, the Create an Axl Rose rant thread (another good one if I recall correctly), the Why does Slash tweet so much thread, the is Frank gay thread, the What a whore for the limelight Slash is thread, and the which GN'R/ex-GN'R member is the biggest pussy thread?

lol, so money is the right thing to freedom of speech/joking?

I'm more and more ashamed because of being a member of this forum...

btw some of your examples is just low trolling, not even funny cupcake topics

It's not trolling to tell somebody talking bollocks that they're talking bollocks! :lol:

agreed

Worst idea ever.

I however would become a supporter simply to cupcake your unmodded section. Nothing would remain a secret and people would fall out with each other very quickly.

By doing this, you'd be excluding your non-supporter members, who are probably the main bulk of this forum..all for some money.

perfect post

How much would we have to bring in to give google the boot?

just use adblock bro

Funny, HV is working on that as we speak.

The month before last I made $79 -- Mainly due to us dropping our server costs. It was that or it was getting silly.

Every month since the take over (inc donations!) I loose around -$150 - $215 a month.

Honestly? couldn't even consider it unless we come up with another idea for major funding re ads/selling ads/space etc.

Guys I want you to know and you can quote me: I fund this on my AMEX and we are NOT closing in the medium to long term, FACT. I LOVE the place (plus I love fucking off some Debbie downers and nayslayers), BUT..... I do need your help and support to pull back some huge losses.

It is understandable, but making these type of elitist decisions/sections and shit like this is the WRONG way, imo

Makes no difference to me. I never used the attitude section anyway.

Attitue section is important just for the cupcakes, not for the real fans, imo

Thomas Meadow with that 200 dollar donation

MSL donated 5 bucks and now he wannastart a forum war against MYGNR

ROFL at GNR community in general

If we followed this logic, being a simple member of this forum is more worthy, because the so called donators will simply donate just for being able to insult/cupcake people and the band. If a simple member reported a post in the normal "free sections" maybe the mods/staff give them more attention. I think rules and regulations existed for a good reason: damage control/take discussions in a normal way

Not for some cupcakes just to make a special forum sections a cesspool if they donate some money...

I find this whole agenda quite hilarious

Ok I've decided for now NOT to have a seperate forum -- it's a difficult decision but unless the majority want it I'm not doing it -- regardless of whether or not it's going to cost more money in the long term, it's irrelevant -- mygnrforum will remain here for the long term. Thank you all so much for hour input and your continued support.

*locked*

@crash diet -- "agenda"? Get a grip son.

• Like 1