Anybody like the Black Crowes?

IRanOutOfIdeas

I had the pleasure of seeing them last month when they stopped by my city. Awesome concert but they only played for an hour and a half, real bummer. Don't know why they do that.

Anyways, they're honestly my definitive 90's band. Their first few albums are classics and I love their 2008-onward stuff too. I guess they kind of run parallel to GNR in terms of a revolving lineup. They seem to get a lot of shit too from hardcore fans.

What's your opinion?

I love Warpaint and Before the Frost. But I think a box set of Shake Your Money Maker through Amorica should come out.

I wish Luther was still in the band (Love the Mississippi Allstars) but Jackie Greene can play damn well. All in all, they've aged and progressed a ridiculous amount as a band. Sets an example.

I love Warpaint and Before the Frost. But I think a box set of Shake Your Money Maker through Amorica should come out.

I wish Luther was still in the band (Love the Mississippi Allstars) but Jackie Greene can play damn well. All in all, they've aged and progressed a ridiculous amount as a band. Sets an example.

Saw them two years ago. Luther was incredible.

Fantastic band! I've seen them 4 times now and I'd definitely go see them again. Shake Your Money Maker and Southern Harmony are real all killer no filler albums. I quite like all their albums though. Before The Frost / After The Freeze is great. I love Warpaint too. Amazing band.

LOVE The Black Crowes. My favorite album comes down to Three Snakes and One Charm or Amorica but I love them all. I've seen them every time they've been around Detroit since 92. SYMM, Southern Harmony, Amorica and Three Snakes are all being re-issued on vinyl in February and I can't wait!

I've been big fan of their for years, for as retro as they've always been, they made some of my favorite new music from the 90s and 00s. It was great that they reunited and toured again in the mid 00s, but once Marc Ford left the sound changed, and I haven't really liked anything they've put out since.

But they had a run, from Southern Harmony until Lions, where I can listen to those albums front to back, and not skip a single song.

Edited by moreblack

Love them! Unfortunately I just missed their LA shows a couple of weeks ago but I would love to see them live one day

My favorites from the Crowes are Soul Singing, Sting Me, Thorn in My Pride, Horsehead, and She Talks to Angels

Soul Singing is flawless. My fave single song by them.

Mine would be Soul Singing, By Your Side, She Talks To Angels, Hard To Handle, Jealous Again and Good Morning Captain

• Like 1

Love them! Unfortunately I just missed their LA shows a couple of weeks ago but I would love to see them live one day

My favorites from the Crowes are Soul Singing, Sting Me, Thorn in My Pride, Horsehead, and She Talks to Angels

Mine would be Soul Singing, By Your Side, She Talks To Angels, Hard To Handle, Jealous Again and Good Morning Captain

Have you heard the Three Snakes and One Charm album? Based on that song list from the other albums, I bet you'd like it a lot.

Have you heard the Three Snakes and One Charm album? Based on that song list from the other albums, I bet you'd like it a lot.

I don't think I've got that one. What songs should I check out from it?

I don't think I've got that one. What songs should I check out from it?

All of it haha.

Hmm.... If I were to tell you 2 or 3 tracks, I'd say check out Under A Mountain, Girl From A Pawnshop and Let Me Share The Ride. If you like those, you'll love the rest of it.