Ron's latest tweet

UK SUBS

So this is a legit feud between Ron and DJ? Jesus christ, this is almost as embarrassing as Bridge School. What a couple of knobs, fire them both, please.

Nothing is legit in GN'R land. It's us drawing our own conclusions as usual.

That's what I thought at first, but apparently mygnr has "confirmed" (whatever that means) DJ's tweet was indeed about Ron? I don't know, this is lame.

So this is a legit feud between Ron and DJ? Jesus christ, this is almost as embarrassing as Bridge School. What a couple of knobs, fire them both, please.

That's what I thought at first, but apparently mygnr has "confirmed" (whatever that means) DJ's tweet was indeed about Ron? I don't know, this is lame.

Yup. A lot of people are overlooking that tidbit.

And like I said earlier, Ron does business with a lot of people outside of GN'R. Who knows if his tweet had anything to do with GN'R at all.

Exactly!

Further to that point there's zero evidence other than speculation that DJ's "bite the hand that feeds" remarks was talking about GNR.

To be honest - DJ seems quite adept at media and so on. He generally acts very professional on the communications front and only ever says diplomatic answers about GNR - it seems out of character for him to suddenly take any band drama public by making cryptic statements. Especially at a guy like bumble who is known for being blatantly honest in public and would surely respond. He's clearly a guy with ambition and career aspirations - not sure he'd be that blunt.

If it was about GNR it could mean anything anyway - such as why attack fans for leaking songs when fans "feed" the band from their support. Or it could be about something to do with Sixx Am. Or, more likely, it could be something to do with his roll as CEO of Ashba media - where he is the "boss" or it could be about literally anything at all about his personal life - which is perhaps more likely given it was such a generalised and cryptic thing to say.

I dunno I love a GNR drama as much as the next person, I'm just saying until DJ writes like #bumblefoot after the comment and bumble responds with #suckitgnr or whatever then I think there's a lot of room for them to be talking about other situations - both of them seem to have several jobs.

Ashba's tweet was directed at Ron. No proof, but shit... I would bet my favorite nut that's the case here.

Yeah, but Ashba's an idiot. Nobody knows if Ron is bothering to pay attention to his blabbering or not.

Some of you seem to think Bumblefoot would go homeless without GNR. He would get along just fine, seriously.

This.

And like I said earlier, Ron does business with a lot of people outside of GN'R. Who knows if his tweet had anything to do with GN'R at all.

I entirely agree. I just read the story there, and I cannot see anything thing on DJ's twitter that is offensive

It actually looks like they have been doing completely different activities recently, so when did they ever cross paths?

Given the amount of people BBF probably works with in a day, his tweet could be about anyone

Yeah, but Ashba's an idiot. Nobody knows if Ron is bothering to pay attention to his blabbering or not.

Shit no. Would an idiot find his way into a band like Gn'R with a stolen image, sound, and no real talent? I think not. Nvm his epic swag empire and tasteful les paul designs. The man is a genius with a nipple tat.

Shit no. Would an idiot find his way into a band like Gn'R with a stolen image, sound, and no real talent? I think not. Nvm his epic swag empire and tasteful les paul designs. The man is a genius with a nipple tat.

He's the Forrest Gump of rock, still an idiot.

• Like 1

For the love of god, this is very clearly a dig back at DJ for DJ's tweet about "biting the hand that feeds."

Ahh, I did not read back that far. That was 10 days ago though

If DJ's response was to BBF's interview though, then that was quite low

Nonetheless, it all still seems a pick and mix. I cannot understand why BBF would post a considered response to this after over a week.

• Like 1

Just like children hidin' in a closet

Can't tell what's goin' on outside

Sometimes we're so far off the beaten track

We'll get taken for a ride

By a parlor trick or some words of wit

A hidden hand up a sleeve

To think that the one you love

Could hurt you now Is a little hard to believe

But everybody darlin' sometimes

Bites the hand that feeds :bbf::dj:

Just like children hidin' in a closet

Can't tell what's goin' on outside

Sometimes we're so far off the beaten track

We'll get taken for a ride

By a parlor trick or some words of wit

A hidden hand up a sleeve

To think that the one you love

Could hurt you now Is a little hard to believe

But everybody darlin' sometimes

Bites the hand that feeds :bbf::dj:

DJ and Bumblefoot should settle this like men...... with a fucking guitar duel.

It seems too odd

I can understand BBF with his pain having reactionary odd posts here and there, but for both to be posting considered posts, fighting with each other publicly, given that they are both very nice and very charitable people; I just cannot see it

If DJ's response was to BBF's interview though, then that was quite low

I think it was just a gentle reminder, proverb style, for Ron to cool his jets before he gets in trouble. Ron is awesome 90% of the time, but when his angst is active, he really does make some bad choices. He escalated the situation with his response to DJ. That's probably stressing him out even more (Ron) and the more he stresses, the more he lashes out, and the deeper the hole.

Ron loves being in GNR, no way he's doing it for the money, just to address somebody's earlier comment. Sometimes Ron will do a 'I don't care' thing as a defence mechanism, but while he doesn't always admit it to himself, he cares a lot. Here's hoping he chills.

Well I don't think all of this is too much of a trouble line-up wise. Axl never fired anyone from the band (except Adler but that was a different thing and he wasn't the only one that came up with the decision).

Axl is a guy with integrity, I think he prefers Ron's integrity. Ron is the type of guy that says what he feels, DJ is more of a business guy. None of them come to me as bad people. Need I remind that DJ saved the band in 2009? Without him, GN'R wouldn't have toured. They

could have picked someone else but he was the perfect pick at this moment, I'm sorry that some of you think he "butchers" songs but it's just not true. He doesn't have Bumble skills but he is more solid than Finck and he was brought in to replace Finck.
And Bumble saved the band too in 2006.
Axl won't forget this and there's no way he is going to fire any of em. Period.

The only thing I can see is Bumble quitting, which I think he deserves. Frankly I thought he would leave a lot sooner.

The problem isn't the line-up, it's not the live shows (aside from the setlists but that's another problem.. but if you have never seen GN'R live, it's a pretty fucking amazing show though, few bands put on shows that are as massive and long).

The problem is creating music.

And clearly I think that we have right there the problem: DJ and Bumble don't get along so well. Can't say I'm surprised. But they aren't the only ones, I mean, every member of this band... does Pickman go out with any of the guys, like ever, I mean aside of the tours, do they go out together?

Guess not.

Why? Cause this band was put together like Frankenstein. It's impossible to create chemistry with people that weren't friends to begin with. Maybe not impossible but really hard and since there are so many guys in the band and that Axl seems to lead his own life aside.
Can't say it's surprising.

What will happen: more live shows. Possibly Bumble quitting in a year out of boredom because a new album ain't going to be released before long. Right now he needs the money, he will put his problems aside, Axl won't fire anyone, DJ will sell his clothes.

Nothing new here. A feud between those two ain't the problems. Them not knowing each other that well and not hanging out, all having their solo projects, wifes and kids is the problems.

It's not a young band. It's a sum of people with their own business, and this is the main problem of GN'R right now: doesn't feel like a legitimate band. They are all in for the cash, Bumble included. He can say he is in for the music and the fans, I believe him, but

I highly doubt a guy like him would do it only for the love of art having to go through all this shit. Without the business side, he wouldn't have ever stayed for so long. Like DJ he is opportunistic, nothing to be ashamed about, just admit it, and if you really believe in what

you say, then leave the band.

To be honest the only thing that I find sad is their next show in March. I mean is anyone interested in that? I'd rather see the band split now. There's no one in particular to blame, it's just not working anymore. I used to be hyped about live shows in 2009-10, even 11 with Rock in Rio IV,

but RIR IV really killed everything. With no new album coming out, it's just dead. Let the band die, there will still be the great masterpiece that Chinese Democracy is, release the best live DVD you can with the best shows from 20...10 I think, 02 London with Duff. Then be over with.

Bumble should really leave, there's nothing wrong with leaving the band at this point. I really won't blame Bumble or DJ or anyone else for doing so. I wouldn't even be surprised that Axl say he is done. Just end GN'R, it's NOT WORKING guys. We got it.

• Like 2

I believe it is.

NB: Damn you Matt Sorum for spamming my twitter feed with your otherwise sensible stand on animal rights so that Bumble's tweets are at the bottom!

Hahahaha. Matt's nonsense is the most narcissistic bunch of crap I've ever heard. Some people will do anything to get their name out there. Not sensible, just plain counter culture idiocy.

Edited by Yesterdaze

I believe it is.

NB: Damn you Matt Sorum for spamming my twitter feed with your otherwise sensible stand on animal rights so that Bumble's tweets are at the bottom!

Matt's best tweets are the ones about gun control. You know the guy who owes everything to GUNS n roses and Velvet REVOLVER.

Can we just get rid of Ron and DJ and insert Izzy? Please?

I believe it is.

Matt's best tweets are the ones about gun control. You know the guy who owes everything to GUNS n roses and Velvet REVOLVER.

Oh, I bet Izzy would totally want to be part of this mess.
  • Like 3

I believe it is.

Yeah, how can anyone subscribe to this nonsense? When I was a kid, GN'R were badasses. Now. they're vegetarian, tree-hugging protesters.

Well I don't think all of this is too much of a trouble line-up wise. Axl never fired anyone from the band (except Adler but that was a different thing and he wasn't the only one that came up with the decision).

Well I think that he fired Gilby, Matt (more than once) and several project guys along the way.

We need a lineup change, just mix it up already. Out with the boring, in with Paul Tobias.