Guns N' Roses 2014 Tour Dates

bacardimayne

Why in the world is this band touring again without putting out a new album?

I cant see them doing 2-3 new songs without an album at the end of the year.

I hope to God that's the case. Seems like some people on this forum have an inside scoop, but apparently they're nothing but greedy information hoarders. And they know information is what we need most! :fuckyou:

I wonder if the 2-3 new songs will be Oh My God, Silkworms, and sometimes Going Down.

I think so too but i really hope not. It would just be like rock in rio 01 again.

I agree, I'd want NEW songs that we haven't heard...but other than Oh My God the other two aren't officially released. Going Down is something we weren't have supposed to have heard, and I'm sure Axl saw it was, "Welp, it's out there. Let's use that and promo it." It's probably no coincidence that we heard Silkworms in those small clips (along with Oh My God). I'd really, REALLY, like that song that we have a 14 second leak of (All cautions made, every chance was given, etc) to be played. That song sounds like it could be a powerhouse with the right vox.

All evidence points towards silkworms as Axl mentioned they might release when talking to a fan.

Oh my god has been and gone and i hope it doesn't get in the way of a new track. It would be nice to hear if it was a bonus song or part on an encore that wouldn't take over any other song in the setlist.

that being said i hope the new album isn't like silkworms/omg/raid/scraped themed. I want more Going Down type stuff.

Edited by Axl_morris

So....these are the big plans for 2014?

Big plans? Festivals? Residency?

Big plans is to give us a new album and a world tour ... in stadiums, not in festivals and clubs ...

Are we talking about Guns N' Roses, or what?

Think big, people -.-

I'd think they would be concentrating on releasing an album. And then touring to promote that album. Seems to be the way 99.9% of bands do it.

In terms of original material -

1991 - Illusions

2008 - CD

It would be amazing if Axl sped up his album releasing frequency.

Especially considering there is supposed to be a ton of music in the vault, some of it ten years old. And members of the current band have talked about writing songs for Axl to check out and work on. I would hate for more members of the current band to get tired of waiting and quit, delaying the album releasing cycle even further. Heck, why not release a double album in 2014? Half full of old CD songs and half full of songs written by the current band.

I hope to God that's the case. Seems like some people on this forum have an inside scoop, but apparently they're nothing but greedy information hoarders. And they know information is what we need most! :fuckyou:

They always say shit like "if this info gets out, it could delay the album!" :lol:

Yes, because if the fans knew they actually had something to look forward to and maybe even a reason other than nostalgia to go to the shows, it would kill the production of the album immediately.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

HV is defiantly not a greedy information hoarder

Heck, why not release a double album in 2014? Half full of old CD songs and half full of songs written by the current band.

As cool as that would be for us, a double album by current GN'R would NOT sell well amongst the general public, which is the record label's main concern. Heck, even a single album wouldn't sell well these days with the way the music industry is now and the way general people view current GN'R.

If I were in GN'R's situation I would shift gears and focus on putting out 2-3 songs at a time in the form of online-exclusive singles and EP's.

As for the 3 new songs to be performed live in 2014, my guess is that they'll be Oh My God, Silkworms, and Going Down since those were all on the band's leaked b-list for Rock in Rio 2011 and have all been leaked in part within the last year since GN'R's most recent hiatus (not to mention Axl mentioning Silkworms earlier this year). I would love to be proven wrong, though, and instead be introduced to fresh, new material. Even if it was written by Dj Ashba. I don't care at this point, just give us something that's actually new!

Edited by rocknroll41

I think its more important to get the information verified and checked out before saying what one has heard or not. If everything someone hears is posted as fact, well you know what happens with that. I don't believe there is any we know something you don't kinda thing, more like we are waiting for more information to relay. We of course will share information when it is verified, this protects all users from being bombarded with a million things and getting only some.

When we know something so to will you :)

3 new songs to me means one thing, 3 new original songs anything else is a waste of time and the tour is just an exercise in keeping Axls bank balance in good shape.

Pretty stupid comment IMO.

How else should Axl and GNR make a living? Do you go to work for free?

No offense but you should look over some of your own comments before calling someones comments stupid. I'm all for being a superfan if that's what you're in to, but if you think another greatest hits tour is good for his career you have no idea what you are talking about.

Well, I guess when GNR does the Mexico show we'll see if they do any new songs.

I hope they do a full US tour again. GNR pretty much sells out the Dallas shows, so I hope they come back.

They do?

In 2011 they sold an estimated 12,000 tickets for a 20,000 seat venue.

In 2013 they sold an estimated 1,500 tickets to a venue that holds 1,625.

Unless I'm missing some recent dates?

Well, I guess when GNR does the Mexico show we'll see if they do any new songs.

I hope they do a full US tour again. GNR pretty much sells out the Dallas shows, so I hope they come back.

They do?

In 2011 they sold an estimated 12,000 tickets for a 20,000 seat venue.

In 2013 they sold an estimated 1,500 tickets to a venue that holds 1,625.

Unless I'm missing some recent dates?

i'm not sure if a 20 000 venu holds it at a rock show. they pretty much cut 1/4 of the seats or so.. add gen adm. I guess it is 15 000