Man Discovers Perfect Album

fred_carston

Man, 65, Buries Over 1,000 Vinyls & CD's After Discovering 'The Perfect Album'

Norman Selby, 65, a grey and balding old rocker and a man who amassed a behemoth of a record collection over the years, a few days ago decided to hold a 'funeral service' in his back garden and invited friends and family while he threw his entire Vinyl and CD collection into the ground and buried them forever. The reason why? After years of searching Norman believes he has found the Holy Grail of albums (AVATARIUM's self titled debut) Norman explains " I am a man who has spent a heck of a lot of money on albums over the decades and i really LOVE music, everything from Amon Amarth to Joe Loss and His Orchestra and i have had favourite albums. Dark Side Of The Moon (Pink Floyd) and Sgt Pepper (The Beatles) always stood out because of the Color,the storytelling, the out of this worldness that they had. Now i'm a total freak, i've listened to absolutely everything over the years but the second I heard AVATARIUM, which i thought was gonna be weak Candlemass by the way (Ex-members of Candlemass are now in Avatarium) i was blown away, it took over my body and mind, you'll think i'm making this up but it was like an out of body experience.This is REAL Psychedelia, It felt like The Beatles and Floyd had lied to me so they were the first records to go in and as much as i loved them i don't and i won't miss them at all. Music means everything to me and i never thought i'd be around for 'thee album' Lyrically it is magical, musically it can't be beat and i don't care if people think i'm crazy but this is what i had to do". Normans friends filmed the 'funeral' service and have said they will upload it to youtube in the coming days.
Norman insists he has never met anyone from the band or record company and that this is NOT some kind of publicity stunt, rumours within the close knit community where he lives* that he was suffering from a nervous breakdown after going through a divorce and being made redundant a few years ago were also denied by Mr Selby.
So don't ever let anyone tell you that albums are a dying art or that nobody buys music anymore. But is Norman passionate or crazy. Let us know your views

*Mr Selby asked for us not to name the area where he lives in this article

By JEREMY O'DERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 13:33, 03 December 2013 | UPDATED: 16:08, 05 December 2013
8 View
comments

avatarium is a great album, not perfect but it is very good IMO. really happy leif edling could form a new band that could put out great music after ending candlemass(ending making new albums that is)

Edited by bran

avatarium is a great album, not perfect but it is very good IMO. really happy leif edling could form a new band that could put out great music after ending candlemass(ending making new albums that is)

wasn't that sure who they were to be honest until i read this but i have heard of Candlemass. i checked the album out and i do like Lady Of The Lamp maybe the rest will grow on me

I'll give it a listen on this man's recommendation. But the "perfect album" for me (beatles and bowie aside) has to be various performances of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto. Jascha Heifetz's performance is pretty good despite his embelishments and the fact that it's a little too quick.

But who knows maybe this Avatarium is really the "perfect album." :shrugs: