Interstellar

Georgy Zhukov

Just saw it with my dad and we had fun. Great movie, but indeed like some of you say, they went pretty cheap on the cosmetics. Some movies in the 80s did it better, Amadeus for example and that movie is 30 years old. Not only Michael Caine didn't look convincing as a frail, dying man, but that Isaac Hayes lookalike was 23 years older and he only had some patches of grey in his beard.

• 5 weeks later...

I still think this is a very good film and I was only disappointed with the last few minutes.

I recently watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time since well I can remember, maybe since I was a child. Overall they're different films. However most of the end of the film, baring the last few minutes are completely lifted from it. The entire sequence/end/resolution of the film is a carbon copy of 2001. It's not even subtle. The only real difference comes in the last few minutes where 2001 is completely vague and you're supposed to draw your own conclusion. I think I actually prefer the 2001 version.

The ship used throughout Interstellar as well looks like the station in the docking sequence in 2001 and TARS is obviously a nod to HAL.

Nolan is one of my favourite directors, but I feel slightly less impressed now. There's a difference between nods to another film and then there's just a little lack of originality.

Don't watch this movie if you are a hardcore sci fi geek like me, it's okay and basically just a filler movie. But the whole concept has been done to death and don't even get me started about that Damon part.

Explain the Damon part.

Riddle me this, what unique acting quality did he bring to his role? He was basically just another red shirt if you know what I mean.

Don't watch this movie if you are a hardcore sci fi geek like me, it's okay and basically just a filler movie. But the whole concept has been done to death and don't even get me started about that Damon part.

Explain the Damon part.

Riddle me this, what unique acting quality did he bring to his role? He was basically just another red shirt if you know what I mean.

Riddle me this, why are you answering a question with another question? It should be easy for you to explain the Damon part.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The fact that it is "complex" has nothing to do with me enjoying the film. I think there's a good story going on in it. Matthew McConaughey turned in a great role, even if some of the other roles were weaker. Visually and aurally it is nothing short of stunning. Some of the dialogue is rough (Anne Hathaway's cringey monologue about love...), the plot gets a bit thin at times (I'm looking at you, Matt Damon), but overall I enjoy the movie. Is it the greatest film I've ever seen? Fuck no, not even close. But I do enjoy it.