Freddie Mercury vs Axl Rose

Georgy Zhukov

Poll  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Freddie all day long. He was the biggest showman, and had all audiences in the palm of his hand always.

Axl beats other greats in that realm tho, eg. Robert Plant et el.

Edit: Fucking lol at the Vince Neil comment,.......sometimes I wonder about this board :P

Edited by hudsonsaul
  • Like 1

I prefer Axl, I do, but I think sometimes (especially from Brits) Freddie gets "slightly" overrated. I say slightly because I can't stand any music from Queen after Under Pressure, and even that song doesn't do much for me. But anyways I would put Steve Perry in a sing off against Freddie any day of the week, and I do think Perry had more Range, especially highs than Freddie did.

I am by no means a big Journey fan, nor do I think Perry is a better overall frontman. But when it comes to just vocals, I do think he was better than Freddie.

Axl in his "prime" is my favorite frontman ever. I do think he had more charisma and stage presence than Freddie. I also think gnr were the better band. I like Queen, but again I feel sometimes they get overrated, especially Brian May. He is a very good maybe even great guitarist, but he is no Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, or even Slash.

Edited by Mike420