Some new info on the South American Tour

ManetsBR

No, Metallica's playing just one show in Brazil, GNR is playing a bunch, that's why Pinball Wizard says GNR prob won't be able to fill the stadium.

I was referring to TallicA actually, I wish I could see them again, but, oh well... after seeing how James was in Antartida, I'm not sure if I want to see em this year.

But having Megadeth playing the Youthanasia 20 years tour here would be a dream coming true.

Having Soundgarden and NIN here would also be great.

No, Metallica's playing just one show in Brazil, GNR is playing a bunch, that's why Pinball Wizard says GNR prob won't be able to fill the stadium.

I was referring to TallicA actually, I wish I could see them again, but, oh well... after seeing how James was in Antartida, I'm not sure if I want to see em this year.

But having Megadeth playing the Youthanasia 20 years tour here would be a dream coming true.

Having Soundgarden and NIN here would also be great.

My bad :P

Tempted by the "By Request" tour, though I'll probably skip Sonisphere since there are better and cheaper festivals in Europe. Missed Soundgarden in London because I was in Rio at the time (September) :lol: Meant to see them last year when they played Shepherd's Bush but the goddamn Ticketmaster and LiveNation websites weren't working, and then when they were all the tickets were sold out :max:

First time seeing NIN in May :headbang:

I missed out on Wherever I May Roam, the song that got me into Metallica, when I decided to skip them at Rock in Rio (still kicking myself for that...), so if I got it at a show that'd be me sorted. Also, Whiskey in the Jar would be awesome, and while I got Fade to Black and Ride the Lightning separately at the 2 shows I've been to, getting them both in one gig would be awesome.

My only other request would be Unforgiven II (only done once at an awards show). I'm surprised Orion isn't on that list, fans seemed to lose their shit every time it was played on the last tour.

Don't know how the By Request Tour is gonna work out where you guys live... This is the current setlist for São Paulo:

1387567840.jpg

Pretty much a regular Metallica setlist :lol:

They started off ok, but your city only lasted 2 songs before dribbling off into moron territory. I encourage you to start beating people with bats as soon as you're able to do so. Stoning them like bob buttrock on a golf course is also acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Digging this up to say the columnist Ancelmo Góis wrote on his today's column on 'O Globo' (the biggest newspaper in Brazil) that the band is coming in MARCH for 7 concerts, starting in RIO on MARCH 20th, then going to Belo Horizonte, Brasília, São Paulo, Curitiba, Florianópolis and Porto Alegre.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/ancelmo/posts/2014/01/03/a-coluna-de-hoje-519751.asp

I saw in some sites that fans will choose the setlist on the brazilian tour, just like Metallica did some time ago. Dunno if it's true, thought.

Probably not. At least not if Axl doesn't plan on singing Coma, Locomotive and TWAT in the same concert :P

I saw in some sites that fans will choose the setlist on the brazilian tour, just like Metallica did some time ago. Dunno if it's true, thought.

Probably not. At least not if Axl doesn't plan on singing Coma, Locomotive and TWAT in the same concert :P

I thought the same. :lol:

Where did you see that?

http://91rock.com.br/rock_news/2824/guns-n-roses-pode-tocar-em-sete-cidades-no-brasil

http://www.clicrbs.com.br/especial/sc/itapemafmsc/19,0,4380350,Guns-N-Roses-fara-show-em-Florianopolis-e-Porto-Alegre.html

Whoever wrote this probably sneaked a peek here and saw people talking about metallica's tour 'by request' and got we were talking about GNR doing it. Wouldn't be the first time these, er, journalists take info from message boards and extrapolate them over the sky.

There is no source supporting this and we know GNR would NEVER do it in a million years. Would be cool, though... :shrugs: