The AC/DC Appreciation Thread

Ace Nova

IMO:

Awful band. Awful. I only like the black album, and i don't even like all of that. There's like 5 songs in their entire discography I can listen to without wanting to smash my radio:

Back In Black

You Shook Me All Night Long

Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

It's A Long Way To The Top

Hell's Bells

IMO:

Awful band. Awful. I only like the black album, and i don't even like all of that. There's like 5 songs in their entire discography I can listen to without wanting to smash my radio:

Back In Black

Hell's Bells

Highvoltage says a big....

tumblr_m7z1zs5fP01rz5q9vo1_250.gif

Betcha all can't guess my favorite Acca Dacca album ;)

Fun fact: HV and I first "met" on the old official AC/DC forum, in like 2002 or 2003. We both used to post there a ton, and so did someone else on here (Mansin Humanity I think? His username was different on the AC/DC forum...)

IMO:

Back In Black

Hell's Bells

Calls Back In Black "the black album" >>>> opinion invalidated

Are there people on this earth who've actually listened to albums like For Those About to Rock and Fly on the Wall in entirety?

FTATR is a solid album. FOTW is laughably bad other than a couple tracks. I do love Shake Your Foundations though.

Shamefully ACDC never went disco or industrial and or destroyed their reputation with tantrums etc etc ala Axl and GNR

Yeah, they just went irrelevant and released about 6 albums only the most hardcore of hardcores actually listen to.

That said, AC/DC doesn't seem like the kind of band that had the talent to pull off a major genre-switch.

Calls Back In Black "the black album" >>>> opinion invalidate

I make that mistake (mentally at least) all the time. Give him a break.

Fun fact: HV and I first "met" on the old official AC/DC forum, in like 2002 or 2003. We both used to post there a ton, and so did someone else on here (Mansin Humanity I think? His username was different on the AC/DC forum...)

Reporting in. I was "asp324" on that board, which was my original name here before I switched it a few years ago.

As others have said, they were a real gateway band for me. I'll always love/appreciate them for that.

• Like 1

Reporting in. I was "asp324" on that board, which was my original name here before I switched it a few years ago.

As others have said, they were a real gateway band for me. I'll always love/appreciate them for that.

Gateway band is the perfect way to describe them. They were my first favorite band. I'd probably rank them somewhere near the bottom of my top 10 nowadays, but they're still a special band to me. Seeing them live for the first time was such an experience, I'd been waiting so long.

Do you know if anyone else on here was on the old AC/DC forum? I miss that place. When the new forum launched around the time Black Ice came out, it seriously went downhill :(

Gateway band is the perfect way to describe them. They were my first favorite band. I'd probably rank them somewhere near the bottom of my top 10 nowadays, but they're still a special band to me. Seeing them live for the first time was such an experience, I'd been waiting so long.

Do you know if anyone else on here was on the old AC/DC forum? I miss that place. When the new forum launched around the time Black Ice came out, it seriously went downhill :(

I don't think anyone else posts here, but we have a really small board of old regulars (Azel, lovendag, acdchooligan, others) that is still somewhat active, but not much these days.

If you don't like ACDC, you are a total and utter hooray for tolerance and need to be flogged with a stick.

Highway To Hell fucks your mothers right in the ass.

Yup, to all of this. One of the best hard rock bands period!!! The Bon Scott era is absolute GOLD. The Brian Johnson stuff is hit and miss at times, but still an amazing band to see live. I don't think I've missed a single AC/DC concert in the Detroit area since 2000.

I think I've posted in about 1000 AC/DC threads on MYGNR but they have always been one of my favorite bands. a lo of people like to scoff at their technical skill but there's few bands that have the pure Raw Power & Energy that AC/DC have.

Recently I've been spinning some of their original Australian releases, found the original High Voltage record in a used bin for 5 bucks & i was beyond psyched!

• 1 year later...