The MyGNR travel thread 2014

wfuckinga

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to Santa Cruz, California?

I've heard lots about it through work, as it's a hardcore mountain biking town, and would love to visit since it seems so interesting. If you have, please tell me what you think of it. :)

Also, possibly visitng Cuba followed by a quick trip to the States to meet a couple of MYGNR in 2015/2016.

Has anyone been to Santa Cruz, California?

I've heard lots about it through work, as it's a hardcore mountain biking town, and would love to visit since it seems so interesting. If you have, please tell me what you think of it. :)

Also, possibly visitng Cuba followed by a quick trip to the States to meet a couple of MYGNR in 2015/2016.

The missus spent her first year of college there before she transferred to USC. I'll ask her for you when she wakes up. :) Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

I found D.F. a pretty daunting place, I grew up in a village with a population of ~850... To be in a metropolitan area that vast was just something almost beyond comprehension! It's a beautiful sight from some of the flyovers at night though, just light extending to the horizon in all directions. Also, the air is unlike anything you'll encounter in Scotland, after 10 minutes there at 2am (which isn't exactly peak traffic time) the back of my throat was burning and my eyes were watering. I can't imagine what it's like at 5pm, but I have flown over it during the day and seen the smog for myself. Lots of Mexicans I know don't like it, but then most of the Mexicans I know come from a sleepy city half the size of Edinburgh on the West Coast... I met one girl from D.F. who'd lived there her entire life and loved it with all her heart, she even drank the water straight from the tap. Lots of other people pointed out to me that you'll never get bored there, there's just so much going on in terms of arts, live music, theatre, nightlife, food (with 25 million people you'd hope so, right?)

Is the wedding in the city itself?