Why No Release? Simple.

We stated facts Groghan. I've talked to you over PM's, I think you're a cool guy. But you listed out all those things Geffen supposedly did, and 'Cano and I responded with what we have seen. OP goes and makes a stupid statement in a (failed) attempt to try and end a discussion on something none of us really know anything about, so we gave him stupid replies. Bob Ezrin says it's a flop? Good for Bob Ezrin. But last time I checked, Bob doesn't decide what does and doesn't get released in the industry

We stated facts Groghan. I've talked to you over PM's, I think you're a cool guy. But you listed out all those things Geffen supposedly did, and 'Cano and I responded with what we have seen. OP goes and makes a stupid statement in a (failed) attempt to try and end a discussion on something none of us really know anything about, so we gave him stupid replies. Bob Ezrin says it's a flop? Good for Bob Ezrin. But last time I checked, Bob doesn't decide what does and doesn't get released in the industry

Lol, no. You didn't state facts and the OP didn't state a 'stupid' opinion.

All of you stated your opinions. By claiming that your opinion is fact and that the OP is stupid.......you are basically doing the same thing you are complaining about him doing.

Volcano's responses have to be taken with a grain of salt. His weird hatred for Slash and need to defend everything Axl does makes his opinion a little biased for my tastes. This is a guy who said he literally came in his pants when he heard that Axl was coming to Canada and that DJ Asha is a better guitar player than Slash, and is more relevant than Jimmy Page. If somebody tells you that Rosie O'Donnell is the most beautiful woman in the world, would you trust his vote in a beauty contest?

The reason it is hard to debate you guys on these types of topics is because you are all sooooooooo biased towards defending Axl that it makes it hard to have a logical conversation. Most of us look at things logically and not with the foundation of "how does this effect Axl Rose."

Very few artists get TV ads for their upcoming albums. Only the biggest names do. I live in Alaska, as far away from the media centers of the US as there is. And I saw commercials for CD. One of you (I apologize, I don't remember who specifically) discounted that by saying something like they were just "fake 30 second ads." What does that mean? A 30-second ad on national TV doesn't count? Most ads for new albums aren't 30 minute features, they are 30 second or 60 second ads promoting the new album. I don't know how much we can debate this point. I saw commercials on TV for CD and that doesn't happen for 99.99% of albums released. The only artists I see commercials for are the big name guys like Gagga, Beoynce, Britney, Metallica, etc. And I saw them for CD.

Volcano is accusing me of making up seeing ads in magazines and newspapers. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Why in the world would I make that up? What would making that up gain me in life? I'll argue opinions and facts all day long with you guys. But when you start saying that I'm making things up............sometimes I think you guys forget that we are talking about a ROCK n ROLL BAND!!!!!! This isn't life or death. We aren't arguing about our families. The winner of these arguments isn't going to win a million dollars. We are chatting about a rock singer. A singer who I've actually been a fan of longer than the three of you guys have been alive!!!

I saw ads for CD. You guys apparently didn't. But when you start saying I'm lying or making things up..........I just have to shake my head and roll my eyes. The day I start purposely lying or making things up on this forum is the day I'll retire from the internet forever.

Let's say that you guys are 100% correct and that the label didn't spend enough money to promote CD. After spending 14 million dollars on the album, which the lead singer refused to promote, maybe the label didn't want to spend even more money on it. Whose fault is that?

The most anticipated and talked about album release of all time........do you honestly think that there were/are millions of rock fans out there who didn't/don't know it was released???

In today's internet age, no album is being released where fan's of the band don't know about it. What would have happened if the label had pumped over another million dollars into promotion. That's really what you are getting at here by bashing the label. What would have happened? You are implying that people didn't know CD came out. And five years later, they still don't know. Seriously?

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Groghan stop the bullshit already. You and CR hate everything related to GNR today and continually encourage negativity day after day after day. That's why you have no issues with him.

How come I never hear you say "Slash worshippers" and shit like that?

Hypocrisy is a sin

• Like 2

Volcano is right, I have never seen the phrase "Slash worshippers"

How many morons do you see claiming Slash has put out one of the greatest albums of all time and that those who don't agree can't understand the brilliance? There's your difference.

• Like 4

How many morons do you see claiming Slash has put out one of the greatest albums of all time and that those who don't agree can't understand the brilliance? There's your difference.

Shut up you fucking Slash worshiper.

• Like 2

Why No Release? Simple.

If GNR puts out new material, they must play it live and Axl probably can't sing these songs (because blah blah old songs, old times when "The throat" was in good condition, blah blah )
So.. no new material, no new songs to the setlist, and no effort needed.
Edited by SeBaZ

Groghan stop the bullshit already. You and CR hate everything related to GNR today and continually encourage negativity day after day after day. That's why you have no issues with him.

Hypocrisy is a sin

No actually I don't hate everything related to NuGuns and have stated more then once that I wish Axl would make new music with them so they can forge their own identity............

And lighten up as I am just having a bit of fun with you and the other Axl fans, like Dude, who keep repeating over and over how brilliant ChiDem is and how anyone who does not think that just does not understand it as if saying it over and over will make it true............ :lol:

As far as Groghan having no isssues with me because he agrees with me you are the pot calling the kettle black as you do this constantly with your small group of Axl cultists so please stop being hypocrite mate............ ;)

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 2

By what standard did the album flop? The expectation that it would sell a million in a week and take over US airwaves? By that standard sure.

However as far as sales, it sold just about as well as any contemporary rock release, had a few solid performing singles, and was reviewed generally favorably. Stop making something it's not. It wasn't a massive success, but it wasn't an utter failure either. Given all that was stacked against it, the delay, the unceremonious exiting of band members, the millions of dollars, it's actually a minor miracle it sold the way it did. Dollar store or not.

Hypocrisy is a sin

So that would either be you purposely lying, or you being ignorant about my posting history. But I will still play along (please don't report me :nervous: )

I hate everything related to GnR today?

Here are things I've said a thousand times. So many times that you and your little group mock me for it.

CD is the best rock album of the last decade.

CD is just as good as either Illusions.

I wish GnR would release CD2 and CD3 asap.

I would pay a hundred dollars for a copy of CD2 today.

I wish Axl would put out a box set that included all the CD leftovers, as well as old outtakes and demos. I'd pay a couple hundred bucks for that.

I wish Axl would let DJ and BBF manage/produce the band.

I wish Axl/Beta would give DJ/BBF a chance to imprint their talent onto the GnR name, as they deserve it after being in the band so long.

I don't care about or want a reunion.

I spent probably around $3,000 to see Gnr a couple years ago, and gave the concert a B-plus review

Just yesterday I posted that I would be the happiest guy on this forum if CD2 outsold and outperformed Appetite and that I hoped Axl would release multiple albums in the next few years and that they all would outperform Appetite.

Ya, I'm clearly a hater.

But being a fan doesn't mean you have to worship and kiss-ass on every move the band and its management team makes. And it doesn't mean I have to hate the same people that Axl hates. Or say things like DJ is a better guitar player than Slash and is more relevant than Jimmy Page.

I encourage negativity? LOL.

At least half your posts are bashing other posters or bashing Slash.

Let's see you follow your own advice and go a week without saying something negative.

I have no issues with Classic? I've gotten in tons of arguments with him. I think most of his political views are as crazy as your obsession with worshipping everything Axl does. But Classic and I are both adults and we don't carry grudges from topic to topic. I can disagree with him one some things and not carry that disagreement over to another topic.

Slash worshipper? You clearly don't understand what the word hypocrite means. I've explained this to you before. You can't complain about people saying that about you guys and then say people should say it about the slash die-hards as well. Jeez. And, I don't really see anybody on here who defends Slash's every move like you guys do with Axl. The majority of Slash fans realize that you don't have to hate Axl to be a Slash fan. It's OK to love them both, love one and not like the other, love one and just sort of like the other......it doesn't have to be love one and HATE the other. It isn't a war between fans (at least it shouldn't be).

If my posts bother you so much to where you report them, why not put me on ignore? Most people on here come to chat about GnR, not to argue with other posters.

By what standard did the album flop? The expectation that it would sell a million in a week and take over US airwaves? By that standard sure.

However as far as sales, it sold just about as well as any contemporary rock release, had a few solid performing singles, and was reviewed generally favorably. Stop making something it's not. It wasn't a massive success, but it wasn't an utter failure either. Given all that was stacked against it, the delay, the unceremonious exiting of band members, the millions of dollars, it's actually a minor miracle it sold the way it did. Dollar store or not.

Another great post TeeJay.....I've been really impressed with your posts recently. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, once again.

It didn't do as well as hoped............but isn't the flop that some people make it out to be.

I personally love the album and can't wait for Axl to release the next one.

Exactly!

That slightly touches on the other issue with some of these guys.

I think most of us hope that BOTH artists are extremely successful. I would love for CD2 to do better than Appetite did. And I'd love if Slash's upcoming album sold 10 million copies. And if neither does......I'll just enjoy the music if I like it and not listen if I don't.

I think a few people on here simply can't wrap their minds are the fact that not all people enjoy the same music they do and they can't wrap their minds around the fact that people are able to be Axl fans without hating Slash as well.

It's weird, but what can you do?

• Like 2

It sold about half as much as AC/DC's release in the same year.

Fans are smart enough to understand AC/DC's genius.

Unfortunately, they aren't smart enough to comprehend Axl's.

And albums sales don't matter.......unless we are comparing GnR's sales to bands that sold less than they did, then album sales matter!

Come on man, get with the program.

Fans are smart enough to understand AC/DC's genius.

Unfortunately, they aren't smart enough to comprehend Axl's.

And albums sales don't matter.......unless we are comparing GnR's sales to bands that sold less than they did, then album sales matter!

Come on man, get with the program.

You do realize that ACDC was sold (and properly pushed) at Walmart and CD was sold at Bestbuy right?

Which had all original members, traditional AC/DC sound, promotion, label support, it's tough to compare it to CD. AC/DC's record was actual a very marketable product. CD wasn't, hence the label jumping at the best but deal to make the money back and get out alive.

• Like 1

Which had all original members, traditional AC/DC sound, promotion, label support, it's tough to compare it to CD. AC/DC's record was actual a very marketable product. CD wasn't, hence the label jumping at the best but deal to make the money back and get out alive.
Ur such an Axl worshiper...
  • Like 1