Things you want to buy.

Snake-Pit

I found myself looking eBay and Amazon last night for a Tiffany Lamp and a couple of Lava Lamps too.

tumblr_lhuw1hQQar1qhf7ako1_500.jpg

Amanda.jpg

Here's the closest one I found to the one that I want from that picture.

$_12.JPG

From United States

US $129.77
Approximately£79.13
P+P
US $90.70 (approx. £55.31)
PM47-12T-medium-dragonfly-table-lamp.jpg
From Amazon, the base and the shape of the shade are the only things I like about it... But I fear that's not enough.
£86.95
P+P
£7.74
Ones that I like that don't loo like the one I want
mirbs55vHopf7eZ51hFAUpQ.jpg
From United States
US $160.00
Approximately£97.57
P+P
US $39.16 (approx. £23.88)
Import charges:
US $47.33 (amount confirmed at checkout)
mitAhGczI2Is4NBw142_tkA.jpg
I just like it... Scared it might be tiny.
£50.00
Free P+P

$(KGrHqJ,!oQFJuhBppMvBScNuLSW)Q~~60_12.J

I like music, I'm just scared it's not pretty enough

£50.00

Free P+P

It's close to madness finding 'the right' Tiffany Lamp.

Also... I'm thinking finding somewhere to convert an American Lamp to British (putting in UK electrics and making it able to plug in here and not explode or nothing); should be easy enough; I even saw a segment about converting lamps from other countries to British on a DIY show once.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

Get the Patek or a Breitling, fuck Rollies though man. You never did show me your old Omega.

Edited by sugaraylen

Get the Patek or a Breitling, fuck Rollies though man. You never did show me your old Omega.

I can't afford a Breitling, much less a fucking Patek. :lol: The Rolex Submariner is a great watch - timeless and subtle, just the way I like it.

Here's my vintage Omega Seamaster (it has a clearer gold colouring irl, looks more silver here):

WNPfmIu.jpg?2

Edited by Lithium

Thats a beauty man, that'd last you the rest of your life :) Looks really well kept too, is the strap new or...?

Thanks :) Yeah, I'll pass it on to my son one day, or maybe even grandson. It's got some scratches, but it's not visible unless it's under direct light. Yup, the strap is new.

Yeah, me too. Patek Philippe, the world's most exclusive watch manufacturer, has a well known slogan in their ads that say "you never actually own a Patek Philippe, you merely look after it for the next generation". The next time you buy a watch, you should get one that is manufactured by a watch company, and not a fashion company like Topman, Armani, D&G, etc.). There are cheaper options like Seiko, Steinhart, Orient and Wenger which will give you a great bang for your buck and last a lot longer than the typical fashion watches.

"There's things I want

There's things I think I want

There's things I've had

There's things I wanna have

Do I want the dreams?

The ones we're forced to see

Do I want the perfect wife?

Well, perfect ain't quite right

Shopping every day, yeah

Take it back the next break

They say the more you fly, the more you risk your life..."

Working in retail at Christmas has convinced me that people buy a whole load of useless shite... I'm not a very materialistic person anyways (£3000 guitar somewhat hypocritically aside). Those lyrics from Kelly Jones just about sum up how I feel about "wanting stuff".

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Thing about watches like the ones you like is you gotta have a certain kinda wrist size to carry em off. If your wrists too big they look like a tourniquet and if it's too small you like like a toddler trying on his Dads watch, the bigger ones are just big per se and they look big on most wrists. Also i like a bit of weight to my watches? Reminds me they're there. I don't like bling at all but a few tastefully placed diamonds can look quite good, I guess i like that shiny metallic look a lot. I suppose its about personal taste end of the day. I really like the Breitling Super Avenger range.