Things you want to buy.

Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard
So 'until your Communist utopia happens, spend, spend, spend?' ''There is poverty but fuck it - there is nothing I can do about it so I may as well buy a new watch''!

I didn't propose a communist utopia. And furthermore the existence of high quality watches does not stand in conflict with the concept of equality, the fact that you can't seperate notions of broad equality from flatline fascism where all human endeavour is subjected to some sort of colourless median suggests that you have trouble grasping the concept. Political systems work when everyone or rather a majority is on-board, not when one person bankrupts himself to prove a point, thats just stupidity.

Everybody would agree with the idea of peace but are they idiots for not throwing down their weapons mid-battle just to prove their convictions regarding the principle at hand? Or is that just common sense?

All i'm proposing is a fairer system and putting across my idea for one, would you argue with the fact that the current system is fundamentally corrupt? You shouldn't do, you criticize it enough.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

arsenal-long-sleeve-home-shirt-2012-13.j

Aint got the long sleeve one…come to that i've never had a long sleeve one and i really like this seasons (and last as its the same) design. Still buy em even when i don't but you know what I mean.

arsenal-long-sleeve-home-shirt-2012-13.j

Aint got the long sleeve onecome to that i've never had a long sleeve one and i really like this seasons (and last as its the same) design. Still buy em even when i don't but you know what I mean.

I bought a long sleeve football shirt a couple of years back, never going to buy a short sleeve again. Don't notice any extra heat, just feels normal.

My buying list?

Specialized Venge Expert 2014

Time Trial bike

Powermetre

GoPro Black +

MacBook Pro

Canon 70-200 IS

Canon x1.4 Extender

I won't be buying any of this though :(

Guest Len B'stard

Been trying to get one off the Arsenal site for months but they're always sold out...ridiculous innit, their own site sold out of their home kit for months.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Well firstly to tell time, it's a reflex thing, turn to your wrist and it's there, cellphone you gotta wrangle out of your skinny jeans pocket etc etc :lol: But no, really, it's part looks as well and part to tell the time. As far as the more high end ones, to me, it's like an appreciation of craftsmanship y'know? A quality timepiece, when you look into whats special about them as opposed to a normal watch a helluva lot of shit goes into making them and putting them together. It's kinda like the difference between a tin plate and some fabulous Royal Doulton or something, you pretty much eat off both of em but there's a reason why one costs more. It's just a thing of beauty, like a pretty lady or...i dunno, it just depends on what you like I guess. For instance some people look at boxing and see two morons pounding each others brains out but then some people admire the craft and see it as a science and, when well executed, something quite beautiful and poetic, the vision, the awareness, the nerve, the reflexes, the ability to just time, distance, movement, your opponents thinking and second guess it sucessfully and translating that into the execution.

Thats kinda why i like expensive watches, I have always had an appreciation for craftsmanship, whether it be a song or like people who are into guitars might marvel at a certain old school Strat' and they're so knowledable about it they remember like production lines and this guitar came out of this factory between this year when such and such owned the company and blah blah blah, all that Hatori Hanzo sword shit y'know?

It is the reflection of human creative endeavour and reaching for perfection in the creation of...whatever given item.

What's the point of wrist watches for you guys? Is it a fashion item that you just like or do you actually find it handy even though everyone has a cellphone or two in their pockets?

I admire the look of and craftsmanship behind a good mechanical watch, as well as the fact that a wristwatch is pretty much the only gentleman's accessory.

Edited by Lithium

Guest Len B'stard

What's the point of wrist watches for you guys? Is it a fashion item that you just like or do you actually find it handy even though everyone has a cellphone or two in their pockets?

I admire the craftsmanship behind a good mechanical watch and the look, as well as the fact that a wristwatch is pretty much the only gentleman's accessory.

Pack of condoms? I've ruined it, haven't I? :lol:

I admire the craftsmanship behind a good mechanical watch and the look, as well as the fact that a wristwatch is pretty much the only gentleman's accessory.

Pack of condoms? I've ruined it, haven't I? :lol:

Yes, you did. :max:

Guest Len B'stard
As for men's accessories, an earring? Or if you really wanna fit into a "gentleman" fashion then a ring or two?

Earring? Fuck no. As for rings - I think they look better for guys that are 30 or more. I'm only 21, so I think a ring would look out of place on me.

You ain't got the hands for rings man...you got the hands for smackin' people.

As for men's accessories, an earring? Or if you really wanna fit into a "gentleman" fashion then a ring or two?

Earring? Fuck no. As for rings - I think they look better for guys that are 30 or more. I'm only 21, so I think a ring would look out of place on me.

You ain't got the hands for rings man...you got the hands for smackin' people.

BrassKnuckles.jpg

I admire the look of and craftsmanship behind a good mechanical watch, as well as the fact that a wristwatch is pretty much the only gentleman's accessory.

Rings? Chains? Bracelets? A glass of Scotch?

Guest Len B'stard

Rings? Chains? Bracelets? A glass of Scotch?

Yeah, note the word 'gentleman' as opposed to shifty looking procurer of stolen goods to be found sitting in the back of a pub in South London :lol: