Hey everyone. Heard of Kickstarter?

Hi. My name's Matt. I have been in and out of this site since 2005 I think. I think I actually became a member in 2006. I remember all the craziness about all the old leaks, the surprise shows, and then finally the album coming out. I kind of fell off the map after that. But anyway, I come to you guys, my fellow music fans to ask for donations for my first album ever. Its on Kickstarter.com. Which if you haven't heard of, is a site where people with dreams go to fund them. Its an all or nothing thing, so say you pledge a dollar. Well if i don't meet my goal by the end of the month, even though you pledged that dollar, I don't get it. I only get the money if I make my goal. So needless to say, I need to make it. A donation of a dollar would be greatly appreciated. Its my dream in life. To make a living with my music. And just a dollar donation would help me out so much. And if you don't feel comfortable donating, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just share it and pass it along to some friends. I'm sorry if this is coming across like begging, but who of you can say that you wouldn't beg for your dreams? Please just take a sec and give it a look. Thanks so much!

here is the link to the actual kickstarter (where the money is donated) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1344799175/matt-allens-first-album-just-passing-through

and here is a link to my soundcloud, which you might want as evidence that I'm worth investing in.

https://soundcloud.com/matt-allen-47

Again, just take a look. It would mean the world to me.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Malicious Matt

The cunts are out in full force ^ You simply MUST donate, there are no excuses. If you don't, you really need to check your priorities. Its all about helping the little man!

I really agree with this sentiment. And let me reiterate. Although I did ask for a dollar donation, I realize that some people just don't want to donate money to something or someone they don't care about. But for those of you in that category, could you just share it please? On Facebook or twitter or whatever. Like ColdHeartBreaker said, I'm the little guy. Help me out! :headbang:

The cunts are out in full force ^ You simply MUST donate, there are no excuses. If you don't, you really need to check your priorities. Its all about helping the little man!

Or it's more like there's no incentive to help someone who isn't a regular around here and it's really random to ask people you don't know for money that's solely for your use as opposed to charitable needs.

Oh and I've only heard of Facekicker.

Or it's more like there's no incentive to help someone who isn't a regular around here and it's really random to ask people you don't know for money that's solely for your use as opposed to charitable needs.

Oh and I've only heard of Facekicker.

Its hard to be a regular on message board for a band that isn't what some would call "active" Plus, you know, I'm trying to make an album. I'm a busy guy.

But thats beside the point. I was simply reaching out to everyone I could, and I used to be on here all the time, so I thought I might solicit a couple dollars in donations. But you absolutely don't have to. Your call. :shrugs:

And if nothing else, thank you Lithium. That means a lot. :shades:

Remember when people used to have dreams of making music they went for broke and went on tour, rather than starting internet begging sites?

Also...

Audacity - Free

Blue Snowball USB mic - $60

Blue Yeti USB mic - $90

Line 6 PodXt - $120

That's about all you need. Get a job, lazy ass.

Edited by AxlisOld

Remember when people used to have dreams of making music they went for broke and went on tour, rather than starting internet begging sites?

Also...

Audacity - Free

Blue Yeti USB mic - $90

Line 6 PodXt - $120

NOOOOW I remember why I stopped visiting this site. It was because the band had nothing going on, so the forum was reduced to tiny, tiny, little people who's biggest thing to look forward to during their day was coming to the forum and arguing about anything and everything. And not in a "trading ideas" way. In an "I'm better than you and fuck you for thinking otherwise" way. No other forum on the internet is like this. I've visited forums ranging from other bands, (pearl jam, sound garden) to hobbies like gardening and pet keeping. But this is the only one where someone with a dream can come and get out right shit on. Congrats, AxlIsOld. You know everything. You know EXACTLY what it takes to record a PROFESSIONAL sounding record. I HAVE all that stuff, you ignorant FUCK. But it doesn't lend to a professional quality of sound. And if you'd even LOOKED at my kickstarter, you'd know that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. The things you listed are NOT enough. And while I'm "starting an internet begging site" I have a job. You must also be a CEO of a huge company. Congrats on all that money that falls from the sky for you. It must be nice. And one more thing, you say you "remember when people went for broke and went on tour" I do that too. In addition to going to school and working. I play every open mic night I get the chance to, which is at LEAST once a week, and my band plays at LEAST once every two weeks. So I'm SO SO sorry about all the mistakes I made in my thinking and my actions by bringing this to you. I should have sought your infinite knowledge, because you are an internationally acclaimed musician and know exactly how to achieve MY dream. YOU FUCK.

If you can;t make it sound professional with that, you're doing it wrong.

And congrats, you're also a crybaby.

It seems that you are just one of those people i suppose. Well in that case, I take back everything I said. I sincerely wish that you have all the happiness in the world. You need it more than me.

Also...

Audacity - Free

Blue Yeti USB mic - $90

Line 6 PodXt - $120

NOOOOW I remember why I stopped visiting this site. It was because the band had nothing going on, so the forum was reduced to tiny, tiny, little people who's biggest thing to look forward to during their day was coming to the forum and arguing about anything and everything. And not in a "trading ideas" way. In an "I'm better than you and fuck you for thinking otherwise" way. No other forum on the internet is like this. I've visited forums ranging from other bands, (pearl jam, sound garden) to hobbies like gardening and pet keeping. But this is the only one where someone with a dream can come and get out right shit on. Congrats, AxlIsOld. You know everything. You know EXACTLY what it takes to record a PROFESSIONAL sounding record. I HAVE all that stuff, you ignorant FUCK. But it doesn't lend to a professional quality of sound. And if you'd even LOOKED at my kickstarter, you'd know that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. The things you listed are NOT enough. And while I'm "starting an internet begging site" I have a job. You must also be a CEO of a huge company. Congrats on all that money that falls from the sky for you. It must be nice. And one more thing, you say you "remember when people went for broke and went on tour" I do that too. In addition to going to school and working. I play every open mic night I get the chance to, which is at LEAST once a week, and my band plays at LEAST once every two weeks. So I'm SO SO sorry about all the mistakes I made in my thinking and my actions by bringing this to you. I should have sought your infinite knowledge, because you are an internationally acclaimed musician and know exactly how to achieve MY dream. YOU FUCK.

If you're not prepared to handle the criticism without flipping out, don't come here asking people for money.

Good luck with your album.