Slash and Del James last night...

Ok, let´s call this leg The Deja Vu All Over Again Tour 2014. So the new band fans don´t get offended

Better idea. How about we wait and see how things go before we call it anything at all?

Do we have a new album? Not that I know off. At best we´re gonna have 2 or 3 new songs. And we don´t know what Axl´s definition of new song is. So call it CD Tour is a safe bet. But some people don´t like it

It's not the CD tour if new music is debuted. You said yourself that you don't know if we have a new album, nobody does. We do know that there is an album, or more, ready to be released at little to no notice. Like I said, let's wait until the tour starts to give it a name.

But at this point they haven´t released a new album. We don´t have a release date nor a possible title of that album. There is nothing official about a new album. We have had chats with band members and not even a hint that there is a new album coming this year. Sure if they performe in a festival the name that matters is the festival name. But everything else is a CD tour until official news says otherwise.

When less than 5 songs off of CD are played, it is anything but a CD tour. They could do that without a single new song and you'd be wrong. Pretty wise just to wait.

Ok then I call it AFD Tour 2014 and you call it whatever you want

I'll wait and see what it is before I call it anything. :shrugs:

I have to agree it's no the CD tour anymore. Although they are not promoting the new album either. They are promoting the old band, actually with their greatest his set and tour names like Apettite for Democracy.

Axl is either still promoting CD, after 5 fucking years, which sucks. Or Axl is simply going by the motions and playing his old catalog. One thing we can agree on, it doesn't seem the band will promote new material soon. Is this the so-called Axl vision that so many of his fans always talk about? Stevie Wonder has better vision than that...

If they are still opening the show with "Chinese Democracy ," then it's still the "Chinese Democracy" tour.

That is the stupidest thing I have read. The opening song does not have anything to do with the name of the tour. With that logic, Slash opened with Mean Bone so I suppose I saw him on the Ain't Life Grand tour

If they are still opening the show with "Chinese Democracy ," then it's still the "Chinese Democracy" tour.

That is the stupidest thing I have read. The opening song does not have anything to do with the name of the tour. With that logic, Slash opened with Mean Bone so I suppose I saw him on the Ain't Life Grand tour
But he didn't open with Ain't Life Grand.

So it was the Mean Bone tour?
  • Like 1

So it was the Mean Bone tour?

There's no Slash's record called Mean Bone.

With that logic, Slash opened with Mean Bone so I suppose I saw him on the Ain't Life Grand tour

This statement is stupid. The stupidest thing I have read and you do write a lot of shit.

If you have Chinese shit on your stage, you open with Chinese Democracy, and you play a bunch of songs from your newest album -- Chinese Democracy, then it's the Chinese Democracy tour.

Whether it's "officially" called that, or not, that's what it is.

But, you already knew that. :max:

Edited by John Bonham

If you have Chinese shit on your stage, you open with Chinese Democracy, and you play a bunch of songs from your newest album -- Chinese Democracy, then it's the Chinese Democracy tour.

Whether it's "officially" called that, or not, that's what it is.

But, you already knew that. :max:

Can't get any more logical than that.

If you have Chinese shit on your stage, you open with Chinese Democracy, and you play a bunch of songs from your newest album -- Chinese Democracy, then it's the Chinese Democracy tour.Whether it's "officially" called that, or not, that's what it is.But, you already knew that. :max:

I agree with all of that, but if you don't play a bunch of songs off of CD and there is no chinese shit on stage it is not the CD tour no matter what they open with. :shrugs: Edited by Damn_Smooth