The old Axl!

Wow... Such a contrast to who he is now.

You know him?

Yes I do.

So many whiners. So much butthurt. It must be rough to be constantly unhappy and disapproving of Axl. I wonder if people are just slow learners or they enjoy being dramatic "purist" masochists. Either way, Axl owns you all.

Then we must own you by that logic because you bitch about us alot too :P

So many whiners. So much butthurt. It must be rough to be constantly unhappy and disapproving of Axl. I wonder if people are just slow learners or they enjoy being dramatic "purist" masochists. Either way, Axl owns you all.

Not really. I make far fewer observations about the people who are driven by their disapproval of Axl than those who consistently and constantly complain about Axl and the current lineup.

If you've been here for years repeatedly sharing how much you don't like the current lineup or how Axl is behaving, then Axl owns you. Far more alt accounts are made to criticize the band than to defend the band. Think about that, if you will.

Nah, you dont miss the old Axl, you miss the old you. The golden times of our own.

Thats what we all miss. And we project it on Axls figure.

An aging (normally I say) rockstar only represents an evidence of one thing: We all age.

And we don't fucking like it.

Yeah, no. It doesn't really have all that much to do with age or looks, and everything to do with attitude. Unfortunately for him though, they seem to have gone hand in hand, which is why people focus so much now on the physical as well as the mental. See, that Axl, the old Axl in this video, is a perfect example. Giving an impromptu backstage interview, hanging out, completely relaxed, sipping a drink, talking about plans for the future. That guy doesn't exist anymore, and that's what a lot of people miss.

That guy stopped existing in late eighties. The whole time we have known about Axl it has not benn a "relaxed, giving interviews in backstage, and being open" Axl. Its been the fucking opposite. Just like now.

Maybe the whole time you've known about Axl it has been that way, but some of us who grew up with this band do remember the Axl in that video. Just because he doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean we should pretend it was never that way. Hence, the comments that people miss the old Axl. It's a legitimate feeling for those who were able to experience it. And if anyone missed it, they missed something special.

I've "known" about Axl since 1987 when I bought Appetite. And no, "that old Axl" you've been referring to NEVER existed. The old Axl was way more closed, mean, angry and fucked up than he is nowadays, so you are the one idealizing things.

That said; I can give you similar examples of this kind of behavior in Axl NOWADAYS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EazpwUNaUAE

Edited by vernset

You know him?
Yes I do.
Then you're part of the problem. Asshole.

Your mother doesn't agree(she says hi).

Not really. I make far fewer observations about the people who are driven by their disapproval of Axl than those who consistently and constantly complain about Axl and the current lineup.

If you've been here for years repeatedly sharing how much you don't like the current lineup or how Axl is behaving, then Axl owns you. Far more alt accounts are made to criticize the band than to defend the band. Think about that, if you will.

That's fair enough, however the ones that display their disapproval are a collective, they are not one individual(like you are). One "hater" may make just the same amount of comments about Axl that you make about said haters.

You know him?
Yes I do.
Then you're part of the problem. Asshole.

Your mother doesn't agree(she says hi).

She's drunk and on the prowl again? Tell that bitch to get her ass home. Last time she was with you I had to listen to her whine for 3 days about how small you were and how you screamed like a bitch when she tried using the vibrator on you. No matter how many times I try to explain that I don't give a shit, she just goes on and on and on. Fuck man, do me a solid. Put your little dick away and show her the door. It's really best for all involved.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Nah, you dont miss the old Axl, you miss the old you. The golden times of our own.

Thats what we all miss. And we project it on Axls figure.

An aging (normally I say) rockstar only represents an evidence of one thing: We all age.

And we don't fucking like it.

Yeah, no. It doesn't really have all that much to do with age or looks, and everything to do with attitude. Unfortunately for him though, they seem to have gone hand in hand, which is why people focus so much now on the physical as well as the mental. See, that Axl, the old Axl in this video, is a perfect example. Giving an impromptu backstage interview, hanging out, completely relaxed, sipping a drink, talking about plans for the future. That guy doesn't exist anymore, and that's what a lot of people miss.

That guy stopped existing in late eighties. The whole time we have known about Axl it has not benn a "relaxed, giving interviews in backstage, and being open" Axl. Its been the fucking opposite. Just like now.

Maybe the whole time you've known about Axl it has been that way, but some of us who grew up with this band do remember the Axl in that video. Just because he doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean we should pretend it was never that way. Hence, the comments that people miss the old Axl. It's a legitimate feeling for those who were able to experience it. And if anyone missed it, they missed something special.

I've "known" about Axl since 1987 when I bought Appetite. And no, "that old Axl" you've been referring to NEVER existed. The old Axl was way more closed, mean, angry and fucked up than he is nowadays, so you are the one idealizing things.

That said; I can give you similar examples of this kind of behavior in Axl NOWADAYS:

Posting a video titled "1st TV Interview in 20 Years" and another where he fondly recollects a Slash story that occurred over 20 years ago, was very helpful in illustrating my point about what once existed, and what many fans miss. Appreciate the help, thanks!

Yeah, thats because there are TONS of videos of that "old Axl era" full of insights and interviews in lost of concert backstages, right? Nope. There aren't.

They guy was reclusive and he still is. You are idealizing an Axl that never existed. Simply as that.

Yeah, thats because there are TONS of videos of that "old Axl era" full of insights and interviews in lost of concert backstages, right? Nope. There aren't.

They guy was reclusive and he still is. You are idealizing an Axl that never existed. Simply as that.

Ummmm yeah he was way different. He was all over 'MTV News' etc....Kurt Loder, Rollingstone etc....