Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope when Bran says "they have idea what will happen", it's confirmation that last season was all a dream inside Bran's head.

Looking forward to seeing Stannis win the battle of ice, marching south towards King's landing and that Olly has been retconned from the show. 

Edited by AtariLegend

First teaser for season 6:

Fan made.

Your mother is fan made. I think it's the same as season 3 teaser - no new footage, but with a GOT character narration.

This teaser was posted on the official GOT youtube cahnnel/facebook/twitter, so I guess it's pretty clear that it's not fan-made.

Some minor disappointing news. Mark Gatiss who played a cool take on Tycho Nestoris said he won't make an appearance next season. For people who haven't read the books Tycho doesn't really show up in Stannis storyline until near the end of the last book. He interacts with Stannis (who they've killed off in the show)/Theon (who's story is obviously going in a different direction)/Asha (Yara in the show)/the rest of Crofters Village crew and Jon since the Nightswatch needs money.

The Iron Bank is set up to play a side role in the next book, but it's been dropped from the show.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First picture of Bran:

778-ew-isaac-hempstead-wright.jpg

Fascinating that even if he wasn't living in a fantasy medieval society, beyond the wall living in a tree they still couldn't be bothered giving him a wig. I guess the children of the forest in the TV show have a more advanced society?

Bizarre, did they really want to draw attention to the fact that he looks a few years older than intended?

• Like 1

First teaser for season 6:

Fan made.

Your mother is fan made. I think it's the same as season 3 teaser - no new footage, but with a GOT character narration.

This teaser was posted on the official GOT youtube cahnnel/facebook/twitter, so I guess it's pretty clear that it's not fan-made.

You don't have be a tool, well maybe you do I guess. It was confirmed on the main forum for the book that is fan made.

The big event we've all been looking forward to! George has said he "may" give an update tomorrow on the status of the book.

So if we're lucky he's finished that prologue he mentioned years ago :P.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html

whelp thats a kick in the balls. basically he had a deadline to finish the book by halloween in which the book would have been released before season 6 of the show, but he blew past the deadline, still not finished with the book and the book wont be released before 2017.

The big event we've all been looking forward to! George has said he "may" give an update tomorrow on the status of the book.

whelp thats a kick in the balls. basically he had a deadline to finish the book by halloween in which the book would have been released before season 6 of the show, but he blew past the deadline, still not finished with the book and the book wont be released before 2017.

He also said something you can read into in terms of spoilers.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL FIVE SEASONS AND READ ALL FIVE BOOKS, STOP HERE! Just consider. Mago, Irri, Rakharo, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Pyat Pree, Pyp, Grenn, Ser Barristan Selmy, Queen Selyse, Princess Shireen, Princess Myrcella, Mance Rayder, and King Stannis are all dead in the show, alive in the books. Some of them will die in the books as well, yes... but not all of them, and some may die at different times in different ways. Balon Greyjoy, on the flip side, is dead in the books, alive on the show. His brothers Euron Crow's Eye and Victarion have not yet been introduced (will they appear? I ain't saying). Meanwhile Jhiqui, Aggo, Jhogo, Jeyne Poole, Dalla (and her child) and her sister Val, Princess Arianne Martell, Prince Quentyn Martell, Willas Tyrell, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Lord Wyman Manderly, the Shavepate, the Green Grace, Brown Ben Plumm, the Tattered Prince, Pretty Meris, Bloodbeard, Griff and Young Griff, and many more have never been part of the show, yet remain characters in the books. Several are viewpoint characters, and even those who are not may have significant roles in the story to come in THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING.

Very fucking annoying. Well, I maintain what I said earlier, I'm not watching S6 until I read the book first. As annoying as this is, I still like the books more than the show and I do not at all want the show to spoil anything from TWoW.

I may have to deactivate Facebook during S6.

Edited by OmarBradley

WINDS OF WINTER should be pretty good too, when it comes out. As good as I can make it, anyway.

Soon is the word.

I haven't read the books (yet) plus season 6 is already done, so the delay is not a big deal for me. I just hope the book will be released this year so it can be (partly) adapted in season 7.

It is his baby and I respect that, but I think some of the fame that came along with the show has gone to his head a bit. It is well deserved as the books are great, and I am in no way trying to say he shouldn't enjoy the fruits of his labour, but it seems like he has spent too much time "making appearances", when he should have been writing.

Nice to see HBO put some pressure on him - in fact, I wish they would give him an ultimatum. It would terrible for all fans of this story if the television show continues to out pace the books.

Someone else said it in this thread, and I'm sorta feeling the same.. I'm considering not watching the upcoming season until I have read WOW. Ok - thats me and another guy. We aren't special......probably tons of other fans who feel the same way. Negative publicity.

WINDS OF WINTER should be pretty good too, when it comes out. As good as I can make it, anyway.

Soon is the word.

I haven't read the books (yet) plus season 6 is already done, so the delay is not a big deal for me. I just hope the book will be released this year so it can be (partly) adapted in season 7.

When you read the books, you will see how some fans could be annoyed.

Edited by SunnyDRE
  • Like 1

^ I got the first book for Christmas so definitely will start reading this month. I hope the WOW will be released before I read them all.

Just take your time reading. Because even if WOW is released it might be another 10 years before we see A Dream for Spring.

• Like 1

^ I got the first book for Christmas so definitely will start reading this month. I hope the WOW will be released before I read them all.

Just take your time reading. Because even if WOW is released it might be another 10 years before we see A Dream for Spring.

I still think there has to be a book between WOW and Spring, i still see no way this finishes in two books.

I think he should finish it at his own pace. Fuck HBO.

As long as D+D keep writing rubbish I dont think we will have to worry about too many things being spoiled, plus i could see GRRM rewriting stuff to change it up as well.