bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it doesn't matter what is the story line

You just have to stare at these fuckers on TV and that's all

Biorobot mode ftw

The show becomes shit and this episode was probably the final nail in the coffin

I will watch the second episode and if they don't put Bran Stark on it, then i'm done with this show

(A show which is more of a meme these days than an actual show)

maybe the writers make the storyline intentionally so stupid that people will be able to make even more shit memes about it?

Edited by Strange Broue

I guess it's extremely difficult to film and write a show.

As difficult as it is for actors to reinvent ( some never do).

As it is difficult for musicians to write songs and play them without errors due to knowing them too well.

I was quite pleased with Ellaria.

Someone will have to take care of Kings landing and I guess dorne will do just that.

we have been introduced to her daughters as both murderous and  playful.

They are just that when they kill their cousin.

Danaerys and the dothrakis.

Difficult to portray the cavaliers. They have no respect for women and even less for the ones taken on the road.

The language is a bit contemporary, but the idea of men insulting a slave and talking gruesome sex in front of her is what a lot of men dos and still do.

I could believe the ring thing.

maybe because my father found the wedding ring my mother had thrown in the snow ?

but all the same, Jorah notices a circle that's darkened by a hord and an untouched grass in the middle.

Should something shine ON the grass, he'd look. And find.

Reek and Sansa.

Didnt get hold up by the armor thing or the hounds.

I was more interested in squire killing his first and Brienne finally able to fulfill her promise to Cathelyn Stark.

i found that the emotion was def there in Bri's eyes.

The boltons and Sansa didn't interest me. The Sansa character gets up my nose. To me, she is just a psychopathic kid.

Melisandre and Nights watch

Obviously, one is gone to get the wildlings and I could bet Melisandre gives up her youth so she can die that night of old age and trade her life for Jon's.

can't wait to see what the wildlings will do to castle black.

more over, they will all leave the wall without protection and the white walkers will come in.

I also cant wait to see if the Tyrion theory that he is a dragon master ( there are 3, one for each dragon ) is true or not once he frees them.

There are many interesting things to come if you pass small technical details.

I personally write and it's extremely difficult to pick up where you left it and for them, it's even worse since there is more than one writer.

GOT is a huge popular and commercial success and I am sure the actors are glad they got involved in the first place.

Edited by mademoiselle aka jessica

On 4/26/2016 at 11:28 PM, Wagszilla said:

I've only seen each of the seasons once, S1 notwithstanding, but the drop in quality from S1 to the other seasons has been very noticeable and it seems to be worsening. 

The writing, characterization, and plotting has been either subtle as a sack of hammers or so truncated as to be unrecognizable. 

It's partially not having seasoned actors like Sean Bean and Mark Addy to rely upon but the show went from amazing television on the quality of a good film to a cheap interpretation of what is an arguably an unpoetic series to begin with.

I couldn't care less about the Tysha stuff as a majority of that turned out to be nothing more than filler material anyway. Or Zombie Cat. What I do care about is Brienne's lack of character development, the depiction of Stannis, House Greyjoy fading into the mist, and Beric Dondarrion et al going missing. 

I hope this all just the "TV version" and GRRM isn't going to follow suit in the books.

It won't. GRRM has made it clear the books will be different. Apologists for the show will bring up the fact the books can be smutty and they've killed off characters but the show is going overboard. If you only have 50 minutes of air time and 10 episodes and you devote it to shocking death scenes where in the book, you have pages and pages of story, the show will come off as just bad fan fiction. Brienne's storyline was more fleshed out. She didn't just appear out of convienience. Sansa has remained in the Vale, her story has yet to come around, she was nowhere near Winterfell when Stannis has begun his march and Stannis wasn't going to march his forces into massacre, instead he is using guerrilla tactics to course the Boltons and their uneasy allies into action. 

Also, the reason they killed Jon Snow in the book made more sense. In the show they killed him simply for letting Wildlings in. Thorne was the one who allowed it to happen. Why not just let them die in the snow? Why let them all in only to kill him later? In the book, Snow was killed because he was going to gather up volunteers of Night Watchmen and Wildlings to retake Winterfell. He was killed for betraying his vow. 

Also Shireen and her mother were at the Wall when this was all going on. Stannis never burned her. Stannis was actually a more competent leader who won over the hill tribes of the North. They are kind of like Siberians. You know the Battle of the Ice where the Novgorod Prince Alexander Nevsky defeated the Teutonic Knights in the 11th Century? This seems to be where this it will be heading. Stannis would be Nevsky. 

• Like 1

If you've read the POV preview chapters from TWOW, you know they're both completely irreconcilable. I think we'll get a version of the Riverlands story and what happens in the North (minus Stannis) and a bastardized version of Euron, but the rest including Dorne ect have nothing to do with the source material it's based on.

Will there even be a trial by combat for Ceseri in the show? I watched last season again not long ago and it's a bit confusing. Nothing was mentioned in the last episode either, I guess it won't happen.

34 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

It won't. GRRM has made it clear the books will be different. Apologists for the show will bring up the fact the books can be smutty and they've killed off characters but the show is going overboard.

At least the producers (despite talking about how they don't enough time to cover all the books) found a way to create new original characters that everyone loves like Olly, the re-occurring gay prostitute guy, Ros, along with extended scenes in Littlefinger's brothel and the beloved "was his dick cut off or just his balls" love story featuring Greyworm and Missandei.

Edited by AtariLegend

In fairness people actually liked that change.

It's funny though watching that episode, that's the same one with Ramsay saying "20 good men" and Danny/Tryion meeting (and having dialogue that's a little bit bizarre when you consider the context, like listing all the "great houses of westros" (there's only 4 in the show apparently), but conveniently leaving out Dorne ect.)

Hardome would be a good discussion point in a book thread. Anyone think Jon will decide to go to Hardhome post resurrection instead

Spoiler

of marching against Ramsay?

George suggested The Night's King mentioned in Old Nan's tale in the books is not the same person as shows up in the show. Basically that it was a "legendary figure" from history like Bran the Builder, not likely to be alive. He's also repeatedly said he didn't want the story to be about "dark lords" (Lord of the Ring reference), that's a pretty extreme difference to the end game if there isn't a similar figure leading "the others" in the books.

Anyone have the link to the book thread? I can't seem to find it.

I have been sort of skmming this thread, looks like largely the stories are different (and that they continue to fuck up the story) - but I was told by a friend that he's pretty sure episode 1 has already spoiled things from TWOW. Do you guys agree with that?

Edited by OmarBradley

4 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

but I was told by a friend that he's pretty sure episode 1 has already spoiled things from TWOW. Do you guys agree with that?

No. There's a book theory confirmed though at the end of the episode.

The situations are a bit different at the end of ADWD and 2/3 are completely different. I think there'll be theory's confirmed in the earlier episodes, but no spoilers until episode 10.

12 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Anyone have the link to the book thread? I can't seem to find it.

I have been sort of skmming this thread, looks like largely the stories are different (and that they continue to fuck up the story) - but I was told by a friend that he's pretty sure episode 1 has already spoiled things from TWOW. Do you guys agree with that?

it seems they are diverting from the book quite a bit, the startup to this season is vastly different than the end of ADWD plus we get that famous D+D free forming and the complete ruining of Dorne( it is nothing like the books)